+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Bring on the Christmas!

Smile

ok, here's some more Christmas for you.
    I finally managed to capture...errr I mean convince my tabby she really needed to wear the Santa hat. So here she is donning the gay apparel.

pandora1.jpg "you want me to do what?"

pandora2.jpg [sigh] "ok, whatever floats your boat"

pandora3.jpg "ah jeez, the crap I put up with"

pandora4.jpg "all right woman, I've had it. get this off me"

Maniac

Christmas Pics 004.jpg

This is the final product of a long and drawn out Christmas Decorating 2010. This is my second tree and 4th time decorating this year.

I'm one of those over-eager types that adores Christmas. So every year, as soon as Thanksgiving dinner is done, I start dragging out all of my Christmas stuff. That Sunday after Thanksgiving is usually when my long-suffering but loving husband takes me up to our family cabin an hour out of town to cut a tree. He does his best to indulge my childish delight in winter holidays. However, the snow put the kebash on that this year so we couldn't use our Xmas tree permit (my husband tells everyone that it's only fitting since he didn't fill his deer tag this year, why should he fill his tree tag...anyway, I digress). Instead, against our better judgement, we bought a tree.

We did this once before and the sucker turned brown two weeks before Xmas, so we swore we wouldn't do it again. But, seeing my disappointment in not getting the huge live tree I have every year, hubby convinced me that he would buy me a tree to make me happy. So we picked out a 7.5 footer, hauled it home, and began the most frustrating tree decorating of my life. Three times I had to put the lights on and off the tree because they kept going out and no matter what I did I couldn't fix them (Walmart got tired of seeing me coming with my busted strands of lights). I finally got a set that worked, decorated the tree and thought I had 'er licked.

Wrong. First, our youngest German Shorthair has never been through a Christmas season and despite being named Holly has no respect for Christmas decor. She busted several ornaments before we finally caught her and got her to stop. Second, the tree started crisping up a week in, and I noticed it started to lean in the stand. I asked hubby to help me straighten it but we never got the chance until finally this Monday we came home to find to find the giant had been felled. It was laying in a sad heap on top of broken ornaments. I told hubby, that's it, I've had it, the tree goes. We just won't have one this year. Knowing how much I love my trees, however, my husband cleaned up the entire mess while I was at work, tossed the tree in the back yard and as soon as I got home took me out to buy a FAKE tree for years like this when I can't cut my own. lol. I love that man. So, that is my tale of Christmas Cheer. It took me a while, but I am finally enjoying my tree.

Merry Christmas everyone, and a very happy, FEVER-filled New Year!

Jill

Jax Teller's 'Old Lady' happygirlie's Avatar

Default Finally put my tree up!

I am so behind this year

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And it's been snowing:

[IMG][/IMG]

But I still don't feel Christmas-y

ETA: Sorry - I have no idea how to make these smaller...

I know its late but here's mine
    New 396.jpgNew 394.jpg

created by the very creative Viking Princess

Here's my little tree.
    Attached Images

Lots of Christmas pics for ya, Karen...
    early christmas.jpgdoor.jpgdoor close.jpgent cntr.jpgenter cntr.jpg
    More to come

More...as promised. My DH is from Florida, so we have to decorate his palm tree for Christmas too. Hope you like.
    palm.jpgmantle.jpgpresents.jpg

Finally have had time to take some pics! Been so busy :) Obviously, I love angels LOL The blue ones I got from my sister's gift shop and the lace one I got from a craft fair. The ornament with the little Dutch girl is from my mom. It is Delft blue which she loves (as well as me and my sisters) because she is Dutch. My tree is leaning and only partially decorated because of our new kitten who insists on either climbing the tree or jumping up and batting at the branches; on one side!
    The town we just set up this year; we got more houses last year after the sales ;)

Merry Christmas, Karen, Neil and Moonie :)

I'm the one with boobs !! analisa's Avatar

Anita I LOVE your cat !!! He (or she) looks just like my Shaka (who passed two years ago) with that shiny soft fur and the beautiful eyes !!! So lovely !!!

Beautiful art work by alicexz

Default I miss snow, can you tell?

Here's my tree and holiday table setting.
    Attached Images
    This is a pic. of my step-dtr. that I think is Mac like.

+ Reply to Thread