+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lady Lies

Default The Lady Lies

As many of you have noticed, the new site doesn't contain the chapters of The Lady Lies. I'm sorry to have left you hanging but after much consideration, I've agreed to let it be published. For nearly a year, I've been getting emails from readers who are upset at the format Iíve been posting it in because they want it on their kindle, nook or other e-reader, or they prefer an actual physical copy in their hands and feel it's not fair for me to decide whether I think it's good enough for them to have that way.

The unfortunate truth is that I don't have the distribution capabilities of a publishing house. I can't get it out there to readers in all the formats they want it in. I need a publisher for that. The only option I have to meet all the demand is to let it go to press.

My apologies to those of you who wish I would just post the entire book for free. The best I can do is tell you that it will be available at some point (hopefully in the not-too distant future) in its entirety, with a forward from me and a bit of re-writing. Think of the chapters previously posted as a lengthy teaser... although that is never what I intended for it to be. I was merely poking gentle fun at myself, with the first complete novel I wrote fifteen years ago. The response was much greater and much more demanding than Iíd ever imagined.

You guys know how much I love you! Iím doing all I can to meet reader demand in the best way possible.

This is awesome news! i'm so excited! it would've only been a plus if it was free on your website! I have no problem paying for a copy! can't wait!

i wish u hadn't burned all your other early books! would've been nice to read a few chapter of each and see if they would be worth publishing or not. (I bet i would love all of them!!) and would've been awesome to see your original Hawk and Grimm
    Last edited by Mercedes Veronica; 12-06-2010 at 03:26 PM.

by VP--she freakin rocks!

What Mercedes said.
    This is a pic. of my step-dtr. that I think is Mac like.

2011 Ireland Coordinator Debbie_D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes Veronica View Post
    ...and would've been awesome to see your original Hawk and Grimm
    Yeah, I want the original Grimm too

I *heart* Grimm
    -Dageus
    "Seduction begins with the promise of touch, not touch itself. The deliberate withholding of it until the moment is exquisitely right. I've been known to devote days to heightening the tension to the perfect pitch. To seduce a woman using just one thing? My mouth, I confess, for selfish reasons. I adore slow, hungry kisses, trailing them over every inch of her body. Where sex with me can sometimes be demanding, my tongue is always gentle. Relentless, but gentle."

~Viking Princess Originals~
    Moning Maniac #69
    Don't blame me... Jenn started it and Vic's the instigator

Yea! I am so excited to hear that it will be published. Can't wait.

Maniac

Yeah!!!! I will buy it! I have been waiting for more chapters for free but I will gladly buy anything Karen writes. I think it is good and I can't wait for more.

Well this is good and bad news for me......love to have the book in my hands, but, I loved reading each chapter as you posted them....now the wait will be longer.....not a very patient person here....sooo lucky I don't live close by....It could have gotten ugly.....just kidding....I'll wait, just like I've waited and waited and waited before..... :o)

This is great news...you know i think you could re-write a phone book and we would be thrilled...we'd all be looking for phone numbers and addresses of our favorite guys and girls, lol...bonnie
    So many books to read, so little TIME!
    Everyone NEEDS a little MAGIC!!!!!!!!!

Moning Manic #399 , Proud Member of MMPS

General of the Cruce-Aid Viking Princess's Avatar

Woohoo! I was waiting for all the chapters to get posted before I read it so I didn't have to suffer waiting :P So this is great news for me. I can stick it on my shelf next to the other books :)

Awesome! I like to have the actual book so i can re-read them when i want. Now i can take it with me anywhere i go. Thanks Karen! Please keep us posted on the release date!

+ Reply to Thread