> > >
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lady Lies

Default The Lady Lies

As many of you have noticed, the new site doesn't contain the chapters of The Lady Lies. I'm sorry to have left you hanging but after much consideration, I've agreed to let it be published. For nearly a year, I've been getting emails from readers who are upset at the format Iíve been posting it in because they want it on their kindle, nook or other e-reader, or they prefer an actual physical copy in their hands and feel it's not fair for me to decide whether I think it's good enough for them to have that way.

The unfortunate truth is that I don't have the distribution capabilities of a publishing house. I can't get it out there to readers in all the formats they want it in. I need a publisher for that. The only option I have to meet all the demand is to let it go to press.

My apologies to those of you who wish I would just post the entire book for free. The best I can do is tell you that it will be available at some point (hopefully in the not-too distant future) in its entirety, with a forward from me and a bit of re-writing. Think of the chapters previously posted as a lengthy teaser... although that is never what I intended for it to be. I was merely poking gentle fun at myself, with the first complete novel I wrote fifteen years ago. The response was much greater and much more demanding than Iíd ever imagined.

You guys know how much I love you! Iím doing all I can to meet reader demand in the best way possible.

Karen, I'm grateful for anything you put out. You know how Oprah got Anthony Hopkins to read a phone book out loud on her show? Well, same thing -- you could post your grocery list, and I'd read it. I'm excited that we're going to squeeze another book out of you, but I just wanted to thank you and tell you how appreciated it was that you took the time to post the chapters on your blog. The only issue? Now I'm going to have to wait that much longer for the next chapter, lol!
    Kat
    Proud Member of the SSMKA, GBOCL & A.M.A.D.A.N.

Keepin' the board alive, one post at a time.

Maniac

Very exciting news. Can't wait for the book. Thanks Karen.

Maniac

I would be more excited if I were able to read it right now or at least have a time frame. I'm an impatient sort. ;(

Considering a new chapter for The Lady Lies hasn't been posted for over a year, I think getting The Lady Lies printed means you'll get it sooner then you would have if it was going to be posted, LOL.
    siggy courtesy of Pyxie

MacKeltar Wannabe Vyctor MacKeltar's Avatar

I didn't read the chapters when they were online. I never got around it. I was told about it. Maybe I will buy the book and see how good it is. I have been told it's good. I'm glad for Karen and everyone else who wants this. This is great for everyone and I'm willing to give it a try. I heard the heroine is gorgeous anyway.
    Viking Princess Original

Maniac

WOO HOO! I signed on hoping for news and what wonderful news it is. I HATE reading things on the computer! Can't wait 'til this comes out. Thank you!

Thumbs up The Lady Lies

Karen - this is a good decision for you and great news for us! I was really enjoyed the first 11 chapters of The Lady Lies and am so looking forward to reading the entire story. You have a way of telling a good tale with characters that are bigger than life that your readers can really connect with. Early work or not your writing is just very enjoyable. Thanks for all you do!
    The Traveler

Maniac

Default The Lady Lies

Hi Karen

What a wonderful christmas gift. U are an extordinary writer, there is just no way that anyone can not fall in love with all of your characters. The Lady Lies will be a book definitely worth waiting for.

Thanks for all you do

Thanks, Karen!!! I love having a book to hold!! Can't wait!!!

Not disappointed at all! Couldn't be happier to get this in published form! Can't Wait!

Courtesy of The Amazing, Viking Princess