> > >
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Husbands/Boyfriends think your cheating on them?

Default Husbands/Boyfriends think your cheating on them?

Anyone else here have a jealous boyfriend/husband that doesn't like your fascination with V'lane or Barrons or any of Karen's hunky male characters? My husband is reading the books with me. He loves it and is just as excited for Shadowfever to come out, but he's a little put out by their impossibly perfect, impossibly cut, impossibly well endowed features. He says he can't compete and feels like I'm cheating on him when I read her stories. LOL

Hooked on Fantasy

I like to tease my boyfriend about Barrons. He's not too jealous, so it's alright He's as tall and dark-haired as Barrons, he must feel secure

He reads the books too, but he's not finished, he's more the gamer type. But he promised that as soon as I receive my English Bloodfever, he'll resume reading. I can't wait to know his thought about everything!

Lol!! yes!!! My dh knows I love Barrons and he's only on Bloodf. He keeps saying how much of an petunia hole JB is and he doesn't get why we love him. He's like, "do I have to be a rude asshole like him". Lol!!! He keeps calling the sinsar dubh the "sudoku" lol!!! It's great! He keeps asking me all of these questions, and I keep telling him we cannot discuss it until he is caught up.

Im glad im not the only one with a strange fascination with Barrons. Lol. My fiancee calls me a freak for having a crush on a book character xP
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something." - Eminem

I told my husband not to get a complex from my Paranormal romance novels because it seems ALL the heroes are large, buff and well endowed. I pointed out that ALL the heroines are usually very tight virgins with perfect curvacious bodies and generous perky breasts. How many readers do you think fit that profile in reality?
    Last edited by ~Aimee~; 12-26-2010 at 10:46 PM.

LOL pretty sure my DH is having the same issues, I had him start reading the books he is only on pg 80 of DF and is already complaining (did the same thing with Twilight).... I don't think that he likes reading from a female perspective. Which is fair cause I rarely read from the male perspective anymore, not sure when I became sexiest but I guess I am. But he teases me every time he catches me here I think that is his way of saying he's jealous. But I am going to NOLA and if he intends to come with me he has to get caught up or he can stay home!!

Time is the coin of your life.
    It is the only coin you have,
    and only you can determine how it will be spent,
    Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you- Carl Sandburg

Quote Originally Posted by Daisydeadpetals658 View Post
    Lol!! yes!!! My dh knows I love Barrons and he's only on Bloodf. He keeps saying how much of an petunia hole JB is and he doesn't get why we love him. He's like, "do I have to be a rude asshole like him". Lol!!! He keeps calling the sinsar dubh the "sudoku" lol!!! It's great! He keeps asking me all of these questions, and I keep telling him we cannot discuss it until he is caught up.
    *laughing my petunia off*

Sudoku?
    Petunia hole?!
    D-d-d-d-does he have ta be a ....ppppfft...rude .....hehehe.
    Thanks for the laughter~
    *wiping eyes*
    That was just ... too funny. =0]

Quote Originally Posted by *Jo* View Post
    *laughing my petunia off*

Sudoku?
    Petunia hole?!
    D-d-d-d-does he have ta be a ....ppppfft...rude .....hehehe.
    Thanks for the laughter~
    *wiping eyes*
    That was just ... too funny. =0]
    Lmao!!! The first time he called it the sudoku we were at a restaurant and I almost had root beer coming out of my eyeballs I was laughing so hard!!! He is a character himself! Lol!

Maniac

My spouse devoured the books in two weeks, which is unheard of for him. At first he started to read them out of obligation and to understand me, now he's just as excited about shadowfever. My first child is due January 20th, every one in my family knows my son can't come until I read that book, so of course my husband was very curious. He didn't like Barrons at first either, but now he is all for Barrons and doesn't like V'lane... My favorite thing he said though "Barrons must love her, because a man would only paint a woman's toenails if he loves her."

Maniac

I'm not engaged or married(yet) but when it happens I want my man to be as understanding as ya'll's are!!

You ladies have the best stories! Thanks for the laugh!