+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Knows the way to my heart

Default Knows the way to my heart

My DH knows the way to my heart. On friday evening he asked for a list of books I would like for Christmas. So yesterday while I was gone all day, he took the kids to the bookstore (not a pretty sight with Hannah Handful) took my list and proceeded to try and find these books.

He took the kids over to the romance section and could not find a single one of the books on my list. Determined as ever one of the ladies at Barnes and Nobles came up to him to see if he needed help. She then recommended some books to him, I have to say he pays attention to what I read because he said nope she has all KMM, Nope she has all JR Ward and so on.

Finally she recommended some others which he is going to surprise me with on Christmas. He is soooo proud of himself and I am proud of him to make such an effort. I can't wait to see what he has picked out. I will let you know if he has done well!
    A Viking Princess Original
    Maniac #6

How sweet Cheryle! You're very lucky to be worried to such a wonderful man.
    First Member of the SSMKA
    Maniac# 127
    ...Viking Princess Originals
    Mmmm! Breeds ;)
    "Attitude is everything"

Debbie H

What a wonderful hubby! Praise him well. Men give themselves stomach aches over trying to please us. I can't wait to see what you got!

That is super sweet of him!!!! I hope you enjoy all the books!!
    Happy Holidays!!

Oh, that's so sweet. My poor father has always been terrible at picking out gifts for my mom. (He didn't even bother buying her a birthday present this year). Anyway, he's so bad that unless I do the work for him... Mom will open the present before Christmas. If she doesn't like it, she takes it back and gets something else. :p He's done better this year though, I have to say. Sad thing there is that one of her gifts - a pair of earrings she wanted - OUR PUPPY DOG got into one morning. I woke up to find Christmas paper strewn all over the living room. Thank goodness I got to them in time since only the plastic that the earrings were attached to was destroyed. It's a Christmas Miracle that the earrings were unharmed. :D Of course, Mom got that present early b/c of Lady Isabelle Rose's little adventure.

I hope you know how rare it is to have a DH that would do that. In my entire life I've certainly never seen a man in a bookstore doing that for his woman... and with a 'Hannah Handful' in tow as well! That's such a sweet, touching image. It's the little things like that that mean so much. What a kind gesture.

Kristin I couldn,t say it better myself It just goes to show that men CAN be in tune with their women folk I have a D.H. just like that never needs a list although I do make one just in case although I'm not sure he would go into a book store in the romance section he would use an online service unless he was running out of time but then it would not surprise me if he did.....
    you are very lucky I cant wait to see what he got too...
    :2:IT AIN"T WHAT IT"S CRACKED UP TO BE:2:DOWN WITH PANT! UP WITH KILTS!
    Where you find friends, there you find richesCheck your (.)(.) Its never to soon
    Born a member of the SSMKA and GBOCL & MMNKBD
    Maniac#16
    "Someday"

Quote Originally Posted by Beware_of_Italics View Post
    Oh, that's so sweet. My poor father has always been terrible at picking out gifts for my mom. (He didn't even bother buying her a birthday present this year). Anyway, he's so bad that unless I do the work for him... Mom will open the present before Christmas. If she doesn't like it, she takes it back and gets something else. :p He's done better this year though, I have to say. Sad thing there is that one of her gifts - a pair of earrings she wanted - OUR PUPPY DOG got into one morning. I woke up to find Christmas paper strewn all over the living room. Thank goodness I got to them in time since only the plastic that the earrings were attached to was destroyed. It's a Christmas Miracle that the earrings were unharmed. :D Of course, Mom got that present early b/c of Lady Isabelle Rose's little adventure.

I hope you know how rare it is to have a DH that would do that. In my entire life I've certainly never seen a man in a bookstore doing that for his woman... and with a 'Hannah Handful' in tow as well! That's such a sweet, touching image. It's the little things like that that mean so much. What a kind gesture.

I hope your mom enjoyed the earrings. Ahhh the joys of puppies at Christmas they are just as naughty as Hannah Handful's LOL!

That was very sweet of your DH to do that for you. Maybe he can talk to mine!! :)

Siggy by Viking Princess

Proud member of the MMNKBD

I agree with everybody Cheryle, you are lucky to have one of those guys who know what you want.

Original by Viking Princess
    Once in awhile,
    Right in the middle of an ordinary life,
    Love gives us a fairy tale.
    ~Author Unknown

WELCOME TO MY WORLD OF RESEARCH!

Thumbs up

AAww ! Cheryle, sounds like a real sweetie to me. I'd keep him too ! You lucky girl...:happy0158:

+ Reply to Thread