+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who is/was The Dragon Lady?

Jax Teller's 'Old Lady' happygirlie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clrich View Post
    That's what I was wondering. Thanks for looking up the guardian part, Happygirlie. Weird that it doesn't say which wing they were in.
    Just found something interesting though on the 'Truth Control' website:

The Druids held the symbols of the serpent and the dragon in the highest esteem and considered them insignias of royalty. They referred to themselves as Naddreds. This word means "Wise Serpent."
    — Michael Tsarion; The Irish Origins of Civilization, Volume 1

Quote Originally Posted by happygirlie View Post
    Just found something interesting though on the 'Truth Control' website:

— Michael Tsarion; The Irish Origins of Civilization, Volume 1
    Hmm, interesting. I think it interesting how often the serpent and the dragon are referred to in this series. Is there a distinction between the two? I still remember the tarrot card that had the moth (butterfly), dragon (hunter), and serpent on it. That one has stuck with me. Still don't know the significance of it, but if there is a distinction between dragon and serpent, are they friendly to each other or bitter enemies? The royalty part makes me think seelie/unseelie.

Hmm, interesting. I think it interesting how often the serpent and the dragon are referred to in this series. Is there a distinction between the two? I still remember the tarrot card that had the moth (butterfly), dragon (hunter), and serpent on it. That one has stuck with me. Still don't know the significance of it, but if there is a distinction between dragon and serpent, are they friendly to each other or bitter enemies? The royalty part makes me think seelie/unseelie.
    It just makes me think unseelie for some reason.

Something else that jumped out at me from the audiobook:

Before I came to the abbey the first time, Id researched it and learned that the enormous stone fortress had been constructed on consecrated ground in the seventh century, when a church originally built by St. Patrick in 441 A.D. had burned down. That church had been built to replace a crumbling stone circle some claimed had, long ago, been sacred to an ancient pagan sisterhood. The stone circle had been predated by a a shian, or fairy mound, that had allegedly concealed within it an entrance to the Otherworld.
    Interesting considering this:

The stories of Ireland in the fifth century are full of miraculous ordeals between St. Patrick and the druids; spiritual trials abound. Then there are the legends of Patrick driving the snakes out of Ireland, and explaining the Christian Trinity by way of a shamrock. A clever tale has St. Patrick raising the Celtic hero Cuchulainn from the dead, who then attests to the truth of Christianity while standing before high king Laogaire the Second. The once skeptical Irish monarch immediately converts
    St Patrick sort of ties together lots of different threads

This brings me back to that other dragon like beast that was battling the Unseelie Hunter in the sky while Mac was trying to get to the abbey. I'd give my left arm to know what/who that "other" creature was. Well, maybe not literally...

That's what struck me as weird.

I never noticed this before when reading the book, but I'm listening to the audiobook at the minute and different things are jumping out at me. I thought I hadn't heard right, so I looked it up in the ebook and sure enough there it was.

I thought the same as you - at first I thought it was Rowena, but then it didn't seem to match. Why would the wing be empty and the library dusty and unused if Rowena lives at the Abbey?

It's probably nothing, it just caught my attention in the audio.
    It does seem very peculiar. Sounds like a good catch. Why would a library full of knowledge be unkept and dusty? Almost seems forgotten like?

On a side note, having no baring on this discussion (hope you don't mind the silliness).
    I am seeing WAY to many Beauty and the Beast references throughout this series or am I going crazy?????
    First book, Mac mentions the bookstore being like the library the beast gives beauty for a wedding gift (though i don't remember the tale going that way?). Then in Dreamfever, Barrons GIFTS Mac the bookstore if she makes it back alive -WINK-
    You mention a dusty unkept EAST wing that no one goes to except for Dani. Kind of like Bell's West wing? Haha
    Mac is considered a beauty
    JZB usually is referred to as a beast, or has a beast form
    JZB has implied that he is cursed/damned and the Mac (beauty) is his one chance (to break the spell)
    HAHA, sorry, it is just to much of a laugh to not bring up. Anyone see any more? Carry on.

It just makes me think unseelie for some reason.

Something else that jumped out at me from the audiobook:

Interesting considering this:

St Patrick sort of ties together lots of different threads
    I didn't know that about St. Patrick. Hmm. Very thought provoking. Was he the one that drove out the thing that the draghar, and later the McKeltars and Barrons were trying to raise? Could the SS's be descendents of St. Patrick?

Quote Originally Posted by aimrye View Post
    This brings me back to that other dragon like beast that was battling the Unseelie Hunter in the sky while Mac was trying to get to the abbey. I'd give my left arm to know what/who that "other" creature was. Well, maybe not literally...
    I know. Are the dragons different than hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmissa View Post
    It does seem very peculiar. Sounds like a good catch. Why would a library full of knowledge be unkept and dusty? Almost seems forgotten like?

On a side note, having no baring on this discussion (hope you don't mind the silliness).
    I am seeing WAY to many Beauty and the Beast references throughout this series or am I going crazy?????
    • First book, Mac mentions the bookstore being like the library the beast gives beauty for a wedding gift (though i don't remember the tale going that way?). Then in Dreamfever, Barrons GIFTS Mac the bookstore if she makes it back alive -WINK-
    • You mention a dusty unkept EAST wing that no one goes to except for Dani. Kind of like Bell's West wing? Haha
    • Mac is considered a beauty
    • JZB usually is referred to as a beast, or has a beast form
    • JZB has implied that he is cursed/damned and the Mac (beauty) is his one chance (to break the spell)
    HAHA, sorry, it is just to much of a laugh to not bring up. Anyone see any more? Carry on.
    I have always thought that Mac's story is sort of like beauty and the beast. I like the connection.

Maniac

c
    Dani to Mac in Dreamfever (just before Barrons finds her):

Have I missed a discussion on this? Is it relevant?

..... ....

well I never put much thought into it... but...

dragon -----> draghar (serpent thingy)

lady ------> the female voice among the 13 that consumed Dageus...

so... draghar lady soul person library is what it sounds like to me...

it just seeems if "dragon lady" was Rowen's nick name, therefor her library, why would it not be used? if it was her library, it'd have to have been recently created since it was named after her right? I just don't see the sidhe seers renaming library's... that'd throw a wrench in trying to find texts you're looking for...

General of the Cruce-Aid Viking Princess's Avatar

I didn't know they named a library after my mom!!!!

j/k (maybe) maybe it is important...mayhap it isn't. There IS a dragon as the forum banner right now. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Princess View Post

j/k (maybe) maybe it is important...mayhap it isn't. There IS a dragon as the forum banner right now. Just sayin'
    I always go back to that darned banner when I'm thinking about what Barrons and his men could be. It just glares at me! That and the rattling sound in his chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Princess View Post

Very true...

+ Reply to Thread