+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: On moderation and chat rooms and awesome fans...

Default On moderation and chat rooms and awesome fans...

Please understand the only reason we have put the MB on moderated and shut the chat room down is to protect readers from unwanted spoilers. The chat room is impossible to label “Spoilers”. The other night someone who had read the book (from what I was told they work at a bookstore and violated the embargo) was discussing spoilers in the chat room in detail when another person entered, stumbling smack into the middle of a major spoiler, therefore it will be closed until Shadowfever is released.

While some of you don’t mind spoilers—and even want them—many of you are adamant that you don’t want to know a thing prior to sitting down to read.

Those of you who don’t mind spoilers say “Stay off line if you don’t want to know. Avoid the internet for a few weeks.” (I’m not sure I know anyone anymore who can stay off it for a few hours, LOL!)

To which others reply, “Please label your threads clearly as spoilers so we don’t get ambushed.”

I hear the logic in both camps. But my goal is to provide a safe place at my own website for people to continue to share community while waiting. There are many other places on the Net that the people who want spoilers can discuss them to their heart’s content. I have asked that you not do it here at my website before the book’s release. This is safe haven.

Please guys, let’s share the excitement. It’s almost here. The wait is nearly over. I know not everyone is pleased with how I’ve chosen to do things at my MB, but you must remember that I am in the difficult position of trying to weigh the desires of everyone and make the best decision. No, it won’t make everyone happy. Nothing will.

On a more positive note, I’m amazed by those of you who have read Shadowfever already and kept so quiet. I’m honored by how respectful you’ve been. Very few spoilers have been leaked and each time I come across a post or get an email from someone who has read it, I’m proud of you guys. Of us. Of the world we’ve created together online. I’ve always believed a writer draws an audience that is the type of person they are deep down. And if that’s so—wow, I must be amazing, LOL! I love you guys! Stay to the lights—only four more days!

Thanks, Karen. Good call!

This lovely siggy of His Hotness (who is Mac's friend, btw....)
    was created by the verra talented Viking Princess!
    *blog*

Thanks for making that decision Karen! I don't want to know a thing until Mon. In Nola!!! See you there!! <3 Amber

I know everyone is different, but I love the choice that you have made, and I'm so glad that the boards are being moderated!

I really appreciate how you, and all the moderators, are all trying to prevent spoilers from being on this message board. Everyone needs a safe haven. :) That's why I love this online family. You have created such a wonderful place for us!

...oh, and yes, you totally ARE that amazing!

~Designed by DoberDawn~ ~ Designed by Mia~

Maniac

Thank you for that! I've been trying to stay away from the message board because I don't want to know anything until I get that book in my hands! Good call and I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I know it is difficult to make everyone happy (and is impossible to do), but we appreciate the decisions that you make for us. I really don't want this spoiled. I have waited what feels like forever, just like everyone else. I have been looked at like I am totally crazy, called a geek and a dork (lovingly though), laughed at, fought with my husband over "why" I am on the MB so much or "why" I like this series so much that I 'have to' go here or there. I would love to read Shadowfever!!! OMGosh, who wouldn't?? BUT I want to read it on my own terms, when and how I chose. I don't like knowing the "big" moments of the book. I want to be surprised, shocked, excited, sad, angry or whatever it will make me feel. I want to laugh, cry or get mad and say "Oh no you did not". I don't want to be so concentrated on looking for the moments that someone told me about and miss all the little things that are there. I want to be able to interact with everyone on the message board up until I get my hot little hands on that book without worrying that everything that I have waited for might be shot to h#!! and back if I come on here. I have the MB on my computer at home, at work, on my iPhone and my iPad. Even though I might not post often, I am still "connected" to this place and all of the maniacs every second of every day. When I want. Can you say obsessive much? Lol, yes I am. And I do not want that ruined. So yeah, THANK YOU Karen and Leiha and Lin and Mia, for keeping this safe. And for all of the awesome, cool, exciting things that all of you do for all of us. I tell my husband I am spoiled and it is his fault (and it is, really!). But here, you all get the thanks for that.

See everyone in NOLA........
    Southern Faerie - Terica
    Barrons is my Barbeque Grill Master!!
    # 2292

Thanks Karen! I don't want to know anyyyything until nola. Letting things unfold while reading is the best. :)

Maniac

Thanks Karen! i love your series and all the fans on here. It is by far the best time I've had discussing theorys with everyone. I've never gotton so involved with a series before. And although I couldn't stop myself from reading the first two chapters (OMG!) I'm glad I didn't stumble accross any other major spoilers so that the day off I took to sit and read shadowfever all day will not go to waist.

Really really sorry for what happened. I understand why you had this hole "big brother" thing here, shutting down the forum and the chat and not sending out ARC's. I wished it would not have been necessary, and I feel really sad that it it leaked.
    On the other side, I did read the excerpt. Can't wait to read the rest of the book. And you are still my favorite author. :-)

I like how you guys are screening post, I don't know what I would do with myself if I had to stay away from the forum... I really really really don't want to know.

So thanks Karen, Leiha and the other mods

created by the very creative Viking Princess

+ Reply to Thread