+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: First two chapters of Shadowfever leaked--*SPOILERS*

I will not be reading it until i have the whole book and can enjoy it as it was intended to be enjoyed.

I will also be staying away from the internet as much as possible until tuesday when i download the full ebook.

All we need is for some wolly to post on facebook who the beast is! That would seriously suck. And anyway, its ony 4 more sleeps till it's out yay!
    "Petunia, Ms Lane?"

"Ass, Barrons!"

Sorry, Karen. It"s killing me but I'll wait until Tuesday!!!

That really stinks :( I'm sorry that happened! I'd rather wait and not read the spoilers either. And thanks to the mods protecting the forum, I can still get on there without fear of major spoilers I do not want to read! That said, I can't hardly wait to hold it in my hands, find a nook in Le Pavillon and read what happens to Mac. Thank you for all that you do!

Default Name of the Retailer please

Hi, I think in the name of allowing us choice, it's important for us to know who this retailer is. This release was NOT an accident and we should have the right to withhold our business in protest.
    That said, we need to not think less of our Maniac brethren who choose to read ahead. They will buy the book, if they've not already done so, and it's a case of different strokes for different folks. Some of us start at the last chapter and read our way back and others love the discovery - no harm, no foul. I personally printed out the leak to read on the plane to NOLA, but my eyes caught a sentence that made me absolutely queasy while I was sorting to staple, and I tossed the thing in the bin. Can't read it without having the instant access to more...

Much respect, Karen - you tried. The bookseller is a bully and I refuse to support bullying: disclose please...

I'm sorry Karen. I thought it was an approved excerpt, I had no idea.

and as an aside, I wish I hadn't read it.

Gosh five more days of torturous speculations.
    ~Erika~ Mom (4 kids!), Author (ER Pierce), Blogger (Badass Book Reviews), Avid Reader of UF/PNR/Erotic Fiction

"Get your own fashion advisor."

Barrons... Killing a Fae near you...

Maniac

Default Unbelievable News

So sorry to hear the terrible news about the leak, Karen... though, so you know... the adventure of a GREAT story with phenomenal cliffhanging endings, is the anticipation and the wait! I plan to NOT take ONE Peak towards the leaked info and wait my turn in line, in NOLA, at 4 p.m. on Monday! Not knowing will make for such more fun weekend with other maniacs discussing the what's, if's, who do you think's and what do you think's! I don't wanna know till I open that book, in line, on Monday!

a Dying fan who has spent every moment of every day this week just thinking about this series! UGH! Saturday morning's flight can't come soon enough!

Maniac

I'm so sorry this happened Karen :( I will not be reading the spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by bsparkler View Post
    I plan to NOT take ONE Peak towards the leaked info and wait my turn in line, in NOLA, at 4 p.m. on Monday!!
    Monday? Is the book being released a day earlier in New Orleans?

Sorry the release of the preview has upset you Karen. Not sure how Shelfari could get a hold of it without a publishers help. :(

Read the preview really early this morning (5am I think), but its not anything that I had not already guessed. Will flip to the back of the book on Tuesday and read the ending. :) Yes I read endings first; its a fault in my character, one of many, to say the least.

Maniac

Sorry, can't resist... must... read... it!!!
    Of course it sucks that people can't respect the deadline, but, you know... c'est la vie.

Dang this really sucks. I hate it the people believe they can post books that have not come out yet on the internet. It's not theirs and they shouldn't be doing it. It ruins everything for both the author and the fans of the series.

I do have to confess, if I did receive a copy Shadowfever in my email, I would read it. Then email both Karen and Leiha begging them for forgiveness before I sent them the copy of the book back and the email address who sent it to me. Posting it on the internet for everyone else to read would be the furthest thing from my mind.
    Check out my Etsy Shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5688436

"The truth is rarely ever pure and never simple." -Oscar Wilde

"I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old, and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?" - The Doctor.

+ Reply to Thread