+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So is the Fever series being made into a movie?

Maniac

Default So is the Fever series being made into a movie?

I'm sure this is asked all the time, but for the life of me, I can't find a thread on it!!

Quote Originally Posted by earthhorse78 View Post
    I'm sure this is asked all the time, but for the life of me, I can't find a thread on it!!
    The rights that were optioned have expired, so there are no current plans for a movie. KMM did say in NOLA that there has been some interest regarding a tv miniseries ...but there is nothing in the works right now.

VP's best yet

Maniac

Default Yikes

Not sure I personally like the idea of a TV miniseries. I just don't think they would have the pull/money to get the actors, special effects, and writing down. I'd like to see it done right rather than done as a mini series, which I feel like would be a death knell to ever seeing it as a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Julianne View Post
    Not sure I personally like the idea of a TV miniseries. I just don't think they would have the pull/money to get the actors, special effects, and writing down. I'd like to see it done right rather than done as a mini series, which I feel like would be a death knell to ever seeing it as a movie.
    I think the thought is that it would be something on one of the cable channels ...I believe KMM even mentioned that SyFy has shown some interest, so I think it would have a greater chance of being more true to the story/feeling/atmosphere on one of those channels.

I like the idea of a miniseries, though I really hope if this happens Karen makes sure they follow the books exactly.. would really hate to see a trueblood like thing happen to fever.. (imagine if the guy making the series decides he likes 1 character better than the other and twists the story accordingly! *shudders*)
    No more waiting for Shadowfever, now what do I do with myself? *dazed*
    My First Siggy!

I hope if it will be made, that the cable channel will be one that allows adult content. I can't imagine a PG-13 Fever Series movie

Maniac

Default TV Series!

I would love for this series to be aired on TV. Something like HBO or Showtime where they allow that sort of content, lol. Barrons also has to be carefully picked >.>

In a way I'm kind of glad that the deal fell through simply because I think that they would of destroyed the series for me (which happens with so many film adaptations)

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by DublinSky View Post
    I would love for this series to be aired on TV. Something like HBO or Showtime where they allow that sort of content, lol. Barrons also has to be carefully picked >.>
    Yes, yes, yes!!! That is what I want to happen too! Then they could take their time with the story and show all the GOOD STUFF!

I like the idea of HBO doing the series. After falling in love with Game of Thrones I think it would be great!
    I'm on the Jason Momoa is Barrons bandwagon!

+ Reply to Thread