> > >
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: What part of shadow fever did you like the best and the least?

Maniac

Default What part of shadow fever did you like the best and the least?

There are parts of SF I loved. I loved when Mac & Barrons FINALLY got together.I loved pages 455 -490. I will re-read these many times. I loved reading that Barrons was besotted with Mac from day one. I loved when Barrons (in Beast form) goes ballistic and rants and raves at her for being with Darroc. I loved the plot twists with the UK. I loved the UK humor. He was more interesting than I thought he would be. I was shocked that Barrons son was still alive. I loved that he and Barrons and Mac had a happy ending. I never thought V'lane was interesting so I like that he became the book.

I was disappointed that we did not hear more form our beloved Keltars and Adam. I wanted more conversations from Mac and Barrons, and all the primary characters. I grew tired of Mac's thoughts and speculations. I was disappointed that after she was going to re-make the world for Barrons, she did an about face for the next 400 pages. There are still many unanswered questions. I would like to have finally found out what Barrons is. Where he came from, and how he got cursed. and I really want to know what he eats!

If you had to grade SF, what would you give it? I give it a B.

I am very interested in everyone else's thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    That is a very good point. I have forgotten that it has only been a few months for the charachters. LOL!
    I know I've been guilty of the same thing ...and then when I saw Mac actually write out how long she's been aware and in Dublin I was all "OMG!"

VP's best yet

Maniac

Even though it was only a few months for them, I wanted them to come together sooner in SF. I found myself wanted to read ahead to see if it would ever happen.

Huh! it's almost like they are in the Silvers or Faery and time passes differently for them than it does for us! lol

Actually, I get where Mac was coming from not confessing her feelings sooner in SF.. she had thought that he had died for her and that broke something in her, as she says later, she hadn't thawed completely from what she'd become on that cliff. She didn't want to admit to herself that she would have done for Jericho what she would never consider doing for Alina. Also, she would probably have confessed all had she not fainted that night after realising that he was alive or even if she hadn't overheard the phone call the next day.
    It is always easier confessing your feelings to a dead person or someone that you are sure returns them, it is far harder to do so with someone whose feelings you aren't sure of. What if he had mocked her? been disgusted with her emotions? he does say it is better to be useful than liked.. Idk, I'd always love Jericho the most and to us as a reader his actions clearly show how he feels for Mac, but then we aren't the ones involved, it isn't our pride and hearts on the line of rejection.. personally I loved Mac in this book and think the timing of their getting together was perfect. JMHO.
    No more waiting for Shadowfever, now what do I do with myself? *dazed*
    My First Siggy!

Maniac

Vahista...ditto.

I can't say it any better than you can. *bows down to the master*

:)

Quote Originally Posted by amelia View Post
    I thought it was hilarious when Mac stripped off her clothes (even her thong) when they wouldn't let her go upstairs at Chesters! I thought 'you go girl'. I was a bit dissapointed that Jericho hadn't appeared and lit into Ryo. Seeing how they were all obviously enjoying the scenery.
    I didn't like the idea of Mac being the UK either. I really thought she may end up being a long lost daughter of the UK and his concubine.
    I'm hoping the next book will be about Christian and Kat. (With a lot more info about Mac and Jericho)
    I'd almost forgotten about that scene, I was gigglng at the Ryo and Lor's reactions to her strut. And her jiggly walk, oh my. Even Lor's rude proposal after had me smiling. My husband is listening to SF on mp3 and I'm looking forward to asking him about that scene.

I think i liked best the part that V'lane/Cruce got iced. So now that part of him that he used to rape Mac because she didn't freely give it to him is all srivled up to a nub from being so cold. maybe one of the seers will accidently~on~purpose shadder that "piece" to bits from his body.

The part i liked the least was~~~ I'll have to get back at ya on that one B/C i can't find any a like the least. I liked all KMM wrote!!
    Last edited by aprilssix; 01-27-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Somewhere in the mist o' time
    a Fever rages in a Highlander "mine"~~
    Dual breath in a Druid born
    An Immortal lad of a Keltar lore~~
    Souls of the present meet the soul of past
    No canceling out of the sexy extra large Keltar lad~~
    Two of his kind, one stays behind
    in the past and in a present kin~~
    I'm trying to find A missing Keltar "Mine"
    Oh Dageus wherefor are though my friend?

I like the recurring "WHY does it take you so long to tell me the important stuff" theme. I think Mac, Barrons, and Ryodan all say something like that at some point in the book.

liked best - that you are lead to think Mac is the Unseelie king

liked least - that Mac wasn't the Unseelie king ...i thought that would have been really intriguing and a bold move had it been true. i recall thinking whoa... Barrons and the Unseelie King are hookin up!...

Quote Originally Posted by Lumina_Arden View Post
    Vahista...ditto.

I can't say it any better than you can. *bows down to the master*

:)
    LMAO! Thanks ;)
    We are all constantly so hard on Mac. The men in the series have so much more to answer for yet they have all managed to find ardent supporters among the maniacs.. just thought the poor gal deserved a break =)

I understand that this is not a series about the MacKeltars, but they do play a part in it, but I don't think they were put in a very good light. Sometimes they almost seemed brash and more arrogant than was necessary. Also, I guess I'll have to take the time to re-read the book again soon because for the life of me, I don't recall whether or not Adam vouched for the "queen" or not. I didn't care at all for his little bit part in the book although I was happy to see him mentioned as he is one of my favorite characters and he still had oodles of Fae knowledge. I'm totally disappointed that after hearing all the questions would be answered, that we still don't know "what" Barrons is. And..............why did Barrons say that the person behind the Silver wasn't Christian MacKeltar, but he whoever he was he was Unseelie (?) royalty?