+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alone

Default Alone

Wow. Listened to Shadowsong today and "Alone" is amazing.
    I know it was created with the begininning of Shadowfever in mind but never thought it would be such a perfect fit.

Sad, but it is very beautiful and my favorite on the new CD.

I agree. I finally got to listen to the CD in the car on the way home from the airport today returning from NOLA and I was in tears. Neil outdid himself on this one.

VP's best yet

It's a beautiful, haunting song. It brought tears to my eyes as well. They are all really good - each song pulls out its' own set of emotions. I am listening to the CD now on a continuous loop on the computer while I'm working lol. Hubby is out of town, kids are sleeping, so no one to bother me about it! :)

I agree...it was beautiful and oh so perfect. I can just picture Mac laying down beside Barrons in the beginning of SF.

It is one of my favorites also. It fits the book perfectly! It also fits into my 2010 perfectly as well. My great grandma died in May the first versus really captures how I felt at that time. She was such a force in our lives and was always there with a kind word and whole lot of advice. She died on a Monday, and the following Monday a foster child was placed with us, I, along with my family, believe she was brought to us at that specific time to help us get over the pain of losing Grandma Betty. Now she may go back to her bio mom, and the last couple lines (dont want to post and spoil it) really fits the situation with my foster daughter.
    So it has special meaning to me. But you are right it is a perfect fit to the first chapter, as well as Neil out did himself.
    Annie

This is one of my favorites too...so beautiful! I can just picture Mac laying there next to Barrons thinking she killed him and her dying inside. It was a perfect song for that moment in the book! I also really liked Lucky Again...just cause it has my Highlanders involved! :)

I agree - that's my fave on Shadowsong too!

For me, it's the emotion in this song - it's so raw. I'm a strange duck lol, but my favorite part is at the very end - the last time Neil says "How am I supposed to leave you - here". Wow - "here" was so intense!! Love it!

That is one of my favorites too. Lyrics, and music ...and the singing. Like you said, so full of emotion. Wow~

(Speaking of songs, is that Phil singing with Neil on "Lucky Again"? Fun and happy song, and love the line "If you've got forever without her in mind, then I'll respectfully decline, cause all my friends are in the other place." lol)

~Designed by DoberDawn~ ~ Designed by Mia~

I love this song so much too. I repeat it over and over again. I also love to harmonize with Neil and the girl singing with him. Love this song, it's beautiful and very moving.

Member 221

+ Reply to Thread