> > >
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Q&As with KMM - Shadowfever

Maniac

Default Q&As with KMM - Shadowfever

I hope this is ok with ya'll that I'm posting this here since this was answered by KMM on Tuesday after the book was released and I don't think it's posted anywhere else yet. I searched online and found this cuz I NEEDED to know there'll be more bout MAC/BARRONS and others. I just didn't believe this was it bout them.
    Hope this answers some of the questions there are on here.
    You are a remarkable author KMM. I had dreams last night bout what I read in SF, it's like even that part of me don't want the fever series to end.

Q: Were Alina and Mac blood sisters?A: Yes. No one knew that Isla was pregnant. (Of course, if you’ve read the book you know that the King had the book leave an imprint on Mac when she was in Isla’s womb.)

Q: Why didn’t Barrons take Darroc’s mark off Mac?A: Yeah, he left it on. We’ll see what happens.

Q: Will we ever know more about Barrons and his son?A: I don’t know if I will ever go back to do that. KMM then explained how she wanted to move ahead with her characters’ story lines. She did say we’d see a lot more of Barrons and the 9 in her subsequent series. (And maybe learn more about what he and the others are.)

Q: Who will the next series be about?A: Dani, Christian and Ryoden. Also, you’ll see more of Mac and Barrons, too. She also said we’ll learn more about the Triton Corp. and Mac will meet Tellie.

Q: When will the next series come out?A: She doesn’t know. KMM did say she is working on a graphic novel about the Fever series and also will publish The Lady Lies — an unpublished, unedited novel she was posting on her blog for readers.

Q: Did you have any second thoughts about Mac’s major identity crisis? At one point she thought she was the concubine, then the king and then she realized she had the book imprinted inside her.
    A: No, that’s how I saw the story in my dream. Plot follows emotion. So you had to see the changes that Mac was going through when she kept wondering what the *^%@ she was.

Q: Your HIGHLANDER characters appeared a lot in this book. Do you think you’ll ever write another HIGHLANDER book?
    A: She might. She thinks there is one more story to be told. (She says she doesn’t like many of her HIGHLANDER novels but thinks she started to hit her stride with KISS OF THE HIGHLANDER and TOUCH OF THE HIGHLANDER.)

Q: How much of the Fae world in the Fever series is based on lore and how much is your own creation?A: Some of the world is based on the Celtic lore behind the Seelie and Unseelie courts. KMM says there’s a lot of that basic storyline out there and other writers have tapped into it. But what makes her story different: She has the story of the concubine and the intrigue of the prince (Cruce) vs the King etc in her storylines. So part is mythology and part is from her world building that came from her dream about the series.

Q: Tell us about the dream?A: The whole Fever series came to KMM in one dream. She knew all of the plot twists, that the story would break into five books, the names of the characters, even the names of the books.

Q: Why didn’t you write it right away?A: She was writing romance novels and this was a break from that. She knew she’d write in first person. The urban fantasy format really allowed her to explore these new worlds — something she couldn’t do in just a romance format. But she had to let go of that format to write the Fever series.

Q: What’s up with the movie?A: The movie options have expired, so currently she has nothing cooking on that front. However, the Sy-Fy Network has expressed interest in a TV series, which KMM says is the format she favors. She would want to be heavily involved in the production though and knows that’s a difficult role to negotiate. So right now — nothing to report on the movie front.

Q. Who is ‘M’ in the dedication?A: I won’t tell who the dedication is for. It’s part of a deal I made.

Q: How old will Dani be when you start her story?A: KMM says she has a few options and she hasn’t decided yet. She could start the story when Dani is a few years older or she could start with her at her current age, which she thinks is more true to the character.

Q: Is she more like Mac or Barrons?A: She says she has a little of both, but probably has more Barrons in her. KMM did say when she started the series that she saw herself start to dress more like Mac. She had her nails done and started to care about fashion. Of course, she finds it ironic that Mac is fashion-challenged now, not knowing what to wear so she mixes and matches her pink stuff with grunge stuff.

Throughout the Q&A, KMM had some interesting philosophical observations. She explained she had a dream where she saw herself die — really die — and a voice asked her what she’d done with her life. So she decided she wanted to write.

–On loss. She says her characters’ say it best and understands the pain Barron’s goes through with the child when he says it’s easier when a person dies. But it’s hard to live and not be able to help that person who is in distress.

–On the start of SHADOWFEVER. She said when she first read what she wrote she said “Oh, this is horrible. It’s hard to go from having a pretty pink life to having everything broken.”

–On her characters: “I don’t feel there are any real heroes or villains in the Fever series. … I think everything has shades of gray in the series.”

–On her fans. At the end, KMM was gracious and got teary-eyed when she thanked readers for their patience and love of the series. She again said she wished she’d felt better and had been able to participate in the all-night reading and hoped fans understood.

And they did. They ended the Q&A with a standing ovation for KMM.
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by viking princess View Post

yes? No?

*sigh* you're probably right. I am probably way off.

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

VP's best yet

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Princess View Post

yes? no?

*sigh* you're probably right. I am probably way off.
    well if she met him on a rooftop then, maybe LOL

Quote Originally Posted by -^-Lin-^- View Post
    well if she met him on a rooftop then, maybe LOL
    LIN! I just spit my coffee!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    LIN! I just spit my coffee!!!!
    Of course if he turns out to be some really hot dude, and we say move over Dani he's mine, he will probably say...sooo you think my name is funny???

Of course if he turns out to be some really hot dude, and we say move over Dani he's mine, he will probably say...sooo you think my name is funny???
    heheheheh You think with a name like that he could get a job at SR's?!?!

And no, the mods aren't hijacking a thread! Right Lin?!

heheheheh You think with a name like that he could get a job at SR's?!?!

And no, the mods aren't hijacking a thread! Right Lin?!
    A double act with Prancer perhaps.

NOoooo The question about Dancer was asked in one of the Q & A thingies, right?

A double act with Prancer perhaps.

NOoooo The question about Dancer was asked in one of the Q & A thingies, right?
    LOLOLOL And maybe instead of a pole they can dance around a sled?

Um, sure and if it wasn't, we'll just pretend it was

LOLOLOL And maybe instead of a pole they can dance around a sled?

Um, sure and if it wasn't, we'll just pretend it was
    We could change the title, Q&A with KMM and all things random

We could change the title, Q&A with KMM and all things random
    Works for me!

I really think there needs to be a "random" thread ...that way everyone Vic can hijack till their wittle hearts are content

Viking Princess you have made my morning. LMAO!!!!!