+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jerricho had of course to choose the name Barrons

Maniac Housekeeper of 3Bs Sky28's Avatar

Default Jerricho had of course to choose the name Barrons

I was blinded in my time of the 21th century!
    Of course Barrons had to be a chosen name.
    And we will never get his real one
    because there isn' t. Never had been.
    At the time he was young and uncursed family names did not exist at all.

Good point! You were always associated with where you're from what your occupation was! You were John the blacksmith (or smith or smithy) or James the Cooper....which became John Smith and James Cooper!

Love your location, btw. Makes me think of medieval romance novels!

So....now the question is WHY did he choose Barrons? Zigor, I understand. He was death for hire, the Punisher!

I don't know if this helps, but I immediately started searching when I read this thread and found this.

"The word Barron is of Celtic extraction, and originally synonymous with man in general. It has this meaning in the Salic law, and in the laws of the Lombards; in the English law, the phrase barron and feme is equivalent to man and wife. It was afterward used to denote a man of respectability, a stout or valiant man; and Barrone was also used by the Italians to signify a beggar. From denoting a stout or valiant man, it was employed as a name for a distinguished military leader, who having fought and conquered under some great commander, was afterward rewarded by him with a part of the lands which he had acquired. As a surname, it was originally Le Barron, The Barron. Gaelic, Baran, a barron."

And I forgot to mention, along with that I also found the Barron Family Crest motto:
    "Fortuna javat audaces."- Fortune favors the brave.

It might make a difference that his Barrons is with an "s" and the information I found was for Barron and not Barrons. But hopefully this helps.
    Last edited by JR999; 01-23-2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something.

Quote Originally Posted by JR999 View Post
    I don't know if this helps, but I immediately started searching when I read this thread and found this.

"The word Barron is of Celtic extraction, and originally synonymous with man in general. It has this meaning in the Salic law, and in the laws of the Lombards; in the English law, the phrase barron and feme is equivalent to man and wife. It was afterward used to denote a man of respectability, a stout or valiant man; and Barrone was also used by the Italians to signify a beggar. From denoting a stout or valiant man, it was employed as a name for a distinguished military leader, who having fought and conquered under some great commander, was afterward rewarded by him with a part of the lands which he had acquired. As a surname, it was originally Le Barron, The Barron. Gaelic, Baran, a barron."

And I forgot to mention, along with that I also found the Barron Family Crest motto:
    "Fortuna javat audaces."- Fortune favors the brave.

It might make a difference that his Barrons is with an "s" and the information I found was for Barron and not Barrons. But hopefully this helps.
    That's really interesting.

Jericho Zigor Barrons

Jericho Punished/Punisher Man

Yes - but that is what he is calling himself NOW - - - -
    according to Ryodan it is different from what he was calling himself before.

I think we may never know his original name.
    Like all personal things about JZB - He won't let us find out.
    http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc355/momma_mobley/Online%20pics/Iam650x200.jpg

Under a Blood Moon

Maniac

I wonder if he chose his names for a specific reason. I know 'Jericho' means moon city. Zigor means 'punishment' or 'punisher' or something. I think that name has to do with them being the beast or, "The Damned". One of the definitions of 'damned' is eternal punishment. And when Mac mentions his middle name to Ryodan, he calls it the Omega, or something. I wonder why.

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by lkat View Post
    I wonder if he chose his names for a specific reason. I know 'Jericho' means moon city. Zigor means 'punishment' or 'punisher' or something. I think that name has to do with them being the beast or, "The Damned". One of the definitions of 'damned' is eternal punishment. And when Mac mentions his middle name to Ryodan, he calls it the Omega, or something. I wonder why.
    I think Ryodan just means that the letter Z is the last letter in the alphabet, the Omega. So Barrons thinks of himself as the Alpha and the Omega, the be all and end all of everything.

I wonder why he chose the name Jerricho. The walls came down at the Battle of Jerricho and almost everyone was massacred? Does that mean anything to him?

Lol yes had never actually considered this.. I understand Jericho (ancient city and all) but why barrons?

A thought just striked me - maybe becausethey came from a barren land so just put that on his name so he doesnt forget?

+ Reply to Thread