> > >
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What's next...

Default What's next...

There's a lot of talk about what I'm going to write next. I've been seeing votes for stories and against stories.

A caveat to keep in mind: If I had told you six years ago that up next was a first-person five-book story about a 22-year old totally self-absorbed southern girl and shown you a preview of her in her initial stages--would you have argued for or against her?

Maniac

Agree with all of the above. Just one request from the bottom of my soul... please please please don't do YA. I don't think I could bear it. Thank you Karen for the best reading experience in my life. Hugs..... Joan
    There is something different in his touch. it feels like he's saying good-bye, and I know a moment of panic. But my dream sky darkens and sleep's moon fills the horizon. " Don't Leave me".

I'm the one with boobs !! analisa's Avatar

I was thinking, about all the people with their different reactions, and I came to the conclusion that we are all going thru withdrawals, we need to stay in the Fever World, the bond with the characters have been so tight, that having the story wrapped up leaves us alone, and lost. So we pick up on every little bit we can to keep going. That's how I feel, anyway.
    And I'm with Vic, I'd be reading menus if you decided to write them, and heck I'm sure I'd be enjoying them !!!

Beautiful art work by alicexz

Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    If you had showed us a snippet of Barrons in that description ...we probably would have been ok

But, and I'm speaking for myself here, I trust you to give us an amazing ride and story no matter whom you choose to write about next. The wait will be tough, but I'm sure it will be more that worth it
    Yeah I have to agree with this. :)
    Even the Barrons part and I wasn't originally a fan of his.

I think you earned all our trust and we'd follow you anywhere right now!

Back then, you were known for writing awesome Highlander Romance novels woman all over the world fall in love with. I'm pretty sure some of them
    were confused and sad that there were no more Romance Novels right now. But then, you gave us and them Barrons and Mac's incredibly journey and I'm pretty sure not one would miss this right now. ( Do I make sense, lol I'm rambling).

I think I can honestly say you outdid yourself with Mac, Barrons and the whole Fever series, so I can say for myself, I will read and follow wherever you'll lead us. (Ok that sounds cheesy..)

Still, I would be confused about a YA Dani story right now - but I'd read it anyway. It just wouldn't be my first wish from you..

I will argue for MAC...Mac in a lot ways reminded me of myself...I really enjoyed the chracter development..she's grown a lot over the years...and as a reader I was able to grow with her.

VP original~

If my mother hadn't have picked up The Dark Highlander at a used book sale, I wouldn't have found this world (since it's in the "romance section"...WRONGLY in that section!) and I don't usually read that genre. In fact, the book was there, waiting for me to read it for about a month before I said to myself "ok, let's see why this Highlander is so dark....time traveling? Druids? Prophecy?" and I was hooked. Exactly what I wanted...needed...loved to read! Didn't take me a long time to find that it was part of a huge world that I've felt myself lost in.

I was a little reluctant to read Fever, seeing as my Keltars weren't involved (boy, how wrong was I?!), but I was convinced, most likely by people on this forum and I'm so glad I haven't looked back! As I was away from home, in another country, and didn't have much travel space, I bought and downloaded the Fever series to my e-reader. My mother (who of course, had to read all the Highlander books as I did!) waited for me to come home before "borrowing" my e-reader and reading through all four fever books in a month. (In fact, she called me on my lunch break just today, announcing that she just finished DreamFever and was all atwitter (it IS a word, just so you know lol), demanding that I give her my Shadowfever so she can read what happens. I told her that I had it with me, as I only have a few chapters left and she'd just have to wait until I got home.)

Anyways, the point of my rambling is that...well, I was a Highlander fan. Now, after reading Highlander and Fever, I'm a bona fide Moning Maniac I can not wait to see what you have planned next. I'm hoping it's still in this amazing world you've created, but if not, I'm sure I will still love it (and probably my mother too!)

(P.S. My mother and I are huge Dageus/Drustan fans, but I think due to my young age, Christian has won his way into my heart. So, if the next series involved him.... But if not, I'll still love you :) )

Maniac

When do you think you will let us know? Thought I'd ask!!! Thanks, Karen, for all your books....

Karen.....I've grown up with you. I first found Highlander's Touch at my public library (yes, in the romance section) right after it was published. I was almost 15. I had been reading romance for almost 5 years already, and was getting a bit tired of the same-old same-old. I thought I was ready to move on, but decided to give the genre one more chance--by just picking up random books, instead of gravitating towards the same authors I always read. On the day that I decided I'd judge books by their covers, The Highlander's Touch appeared on the shelf, with it's pretty purple plaid. I HAD to read it. I had to know what lay between the pages of this beautiful cover.

And from that day forward, I was hooked. When my friends were, forgive my crassness, giving it up to anyone who asked, I was waiting for my MacKeltar. When my friends were blowing off class to go to the movies, I was studying so I could be like Gwen, Chloe and Gabby. When the going got rough-in my life, in my relationships, in school, I'd remember Gwen, waiting (im)patiently for Drustan to find his way back to her.

When I found you, I was a girl, complete with rose-colored glasses. I loved your Highlanders, and wanted one for my very own. And I was *still* a girl when Darkfever came out. And I remember running home from the library and finding this board, to find out where my beloved Highlanders had gone. I didn't like Mac. I didn't like the first person POV in Darkfever. I especially didn't like the lack of hunky Highlanders. But I loved you. I trusted you to take me on a fantastic journey, even if I didn't immediately like the beginning. But, hey, I didn't like school in kindergarten, and here I am, 25, and loathe to leave. And I was right to trust you. I didn't know where we were going, but I let you drive, and here at the end of this ride, I'm totally happy with the destination. And like Mac, I have gone through things that have tempered me like fine steel. Obviously, my sister wasn't murdered by Unseelie, but I still like to think I've grown at least as much as Mac has since we started this journey together.

Where ever you decide to take us next time, I'm riding shotgun. And the ride will be even better, because I'll know I won't need to ask, "hey, where are we going?"

The only thing I don't like about our ten year journey together, Karen, is that you, like my other heroine, JK Rowling, have made me totally despair of ever being able to write anything good enough to be called an "author," when the ranks of that title are populated by women such as yourselves.

But that's okay. One day I'll win the lottery and I won't care about finding a job that leaves me ample leisure time to read while also funding my book(crack) habit, lol.

Take us where you want, Karen, and we'll loyally follow. Just, you know, please please please take us there SOON!

<3
    History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme.

Experience is what you get
    When you don't get what you want

Christian's girl

Quote Originally Posted by amberplumeria View Post
    Karen.....I've grown up with you. I first found Highlander's Touch at my public library (yes, in the romance section) right after it was published. I was almost 15. I had been reading romance for almost 5 years already, and was getting a bit tired of the same-old same-old. I thought I was ready to move on, but decided to give the genre one more chance--by just picking up random books, instead of gravitating towards the same authors I always read. On the day that I decided I'd judge books by their covers, The Highlander's Touch appeared on the shelf, with it's pretty purple plaid. I HAD to read it. I had to know what lay between the pages of this beautiful cover.

And from that day forward, I was hooked. When my friends were, forgive my crassness, giving it up to anyone who asked, I was waiting for my MacKeltar. When my friends were blowing off class to go to the movies, I was studying so I could be like Gwen, Chloe and Gabby. When the going got rough-in my life, in my relationships, in school, I'd remember Gwen, waiting (im)patiently for Drustan to find his way back to her.

When I found you, I was a girl, complete with rose-colored glasses. I loved your Highlanders, and wanted one for my very own. And I was *still* a girl when Darkfever came out. And I remember running home from the library and finding this board, to find out where my beloved Highlanders had gone. I didn't like Mac. I didn't like the first person POV in Darkfever. I especially didn't like the lack of hunky Highlanders. But I loved you. I trusted you to take me on a fantastic journey, even if I didn't immediately like the beginning. But, hey, I didn't like school in kindergarten, and here I am, 25, and loathe to leave. And I was right to trust you. I didn't know where we were going, but I let you drive, and here at the end of this ride, I'm totally happy with the destination. And like Mac, I have gone through things that have tempered me like fine steel. Obviously, my sister wasn't murdered by Unseelie, but I still like to think I've grown at least as much as Mac has since we started this journey together.

Where ever you decide to take us next time, I'm riding shotgun. And the ride will be even better, because I'll know I won't need to ask, "hey, where are we going?"

The only thing I don't like about our ten year journey together, Karen, is that you, like my other heroine, JK Rowling, have made me totally despair of ever being able to write anything good enough to be called an "author," when the ranks of that title are populated by women such as yourselves.

But that's okay. One day I'll win the lottery and I won't care about finding a job that leaves me ample leisure time to read while also funding my book(crack) habit, lol.

Take us where you want, Karen, and we'll loyally follow. Just, you know, please please please take us there SOON!

<3
    Amen!

Seriously, I would follow you anywhere, Karen. 6 years ago when I was driving my friend to her rugby practice she happened to mention this book that she got at the airport kiosk. It was Spell. And my life has never been the same since.

It wouldn't matter what you wrote, I will read it. I have faith. And if you go the direction of YA, I think it's great. I enjoy a YA novel once in a while, I find it refreshing.
    Riding the winds of change...

Jax Teller's 'Old Lady' happygirlie's Avatar

Lol, I don't even vote in polls because I know I'll read whatever you write!

I want to read the story you want to write, if that is Dani - even though I really can't picture a whole book of her at this point - so be it. I trust you and I don't want us to influence your vision. You have a distinctive style and have created a wonderful alternative world - this is what I want more of.

"This isn't a F*****g democracy!"