+ Reply to Thread

Thread: King Finnbheara?

Broken Maniac

Default King Finnbheara?

in Beyond the Highland Mist it mentioned a king. I remembered reading about him and didnt know if he was the Unseelie king (i was assuming no) or just another powerful seelie hanging out in fae. Am i overthinking a character of little importance?
    K8lbby

I don't know who King Finnbheara is. I suppose even though the Seelie is a matriarchical court, there is still a king--but a king who has no real power to do anything that the queen does. Yours is the first post I've come across this. If it's the UK, I can imagine it--only because by the 5th book in the Fever series, the UK has parts of himself split and visiting characters of interest. He keeps tabs on those who will be useful to him in the future. That's my POV. I'm sure there are a million others with variations to this <grinning>

Maniac

I was reading that book too a couple of times over and noticed that he wasn't mentioned in any of the other Highlander books. I asked about it and a couple of the other Maniacs said that he was just a minor character that ended up disappearing the way that some do. Don't know if that helps or not
    Megs

I believe if I remember correctly he was just her consort and was called "king" but no he is not THE king (UK) I know I've seen it mentioned a few times and that is what we always came up with.

Time is the coin of your life.
    It is the only coin you have,
    and only you can determine how it will be spent,
    Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you- Carl Sandburg

Here's Karen's answer.

Quote Originally Posted by KiltLover View Post
    Karen-m I wanted to say that you are an amazing author. I love all of your books. The stories that you have written led me to my love of everything Scottish, mostly the men.

The first question i have for you is- Are we going to see any more of the Seelie King from Beyond The Highland Mist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Marie View Post
    The Seelie King was no more than the Queen's current consort
    --insignificant, subject to her whim and easily replaceable. The Unseelie King is another story, LOL.
    Last edited by snowstorm; 08-10-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Oh there I go taking words literally when sometimes it's not literal. Thanks for clearing that up. My head doesn't hurt so much now. hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by snowstorm View Post
    Here's Karen's answer.
    I just love all the thinking we do about these books, well the men in the books. Makes for some very interesting dreams!

+ Reply to Thread