+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 390 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 364 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 3893

Thread: The totally random hijackable thread

Thanks Kendapup - the out-of-towners should all be in by 2pm. Just in time to help set-up! =) Still up in the air about plans, but now my Mom wants to add a birthday celebration to the list of things to be accomplished because among the out-of-towners arriving are my Dad, DIL, newphew and (future) SIL celebrating birthdays between the 21's and 29th. Goody - more cake.

Ah Kat - the mental pictures you presents. Ugh. Almost as lovely as the one our Priest presented during Holy Thursday Mass when he announced that for a priest, the altar represents his "marriage bed of consumation" and so when he is performing the Sacrament of the Mass he is in fact, consumating his marriage to the Church. Ah.... WHAT!!! NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.

According to my brother (the guy who has been a priest for almost 30 years) the altar actually represents a funeral bier (as in where the Body of Christ lays) and that my priest is just a creep. Um, yeah, I know that last part all too well.

Anywho - sorry for the lesson in Catholicism, just felt the need to share the pretty pictures with everyone else, so you all can be as weirded out as I am.

Hope you all had a good Easter. The boy and I traveled to where my middle son is attending college - his fiance converted to Catholicism, and celebrated her First Communion and Confirmation on Saturday. Nothing like a 4 hour drive followed by a 3 hours Mass to make your day bright. =) My Mom and Dad also joined us, so we had fun catching up and visiting. We did Brunch on Easter morning and then headed home.

This weekend we are headed 4 hours South to meet up with my oldest son and his wife and I get to see my little boys. Yeah! The youngest will be a year old on the 24th, but we can't join him for his birthday (two track meets and Prom that weekend) so we are going to celebrate his birthday a bit early. The older one (he's 3 and a half) if FINALLY beginning to talk - my goal this weekend is to teach him to say "Grammy", he has the Uncle's names down, so it is only fair that he learn mine.

Kat - hope you are feeling much better. Monkey too.

Aah, I don't have problems with the Catholics -- but when I have to go into a church, I usually hiss and pretend to burn. It keeps them on their toes.

Am feeling better now. That took a lot out of me! Also sad to have dry heaves and realize your mommy can't take care of you anymore. :-( She wanted me to bring in her groceries!
    Kat
    Proud Member of the SSMKA, GBOCL & A.M.A.D.A.N.

Keepin' the board alive, one post at a time.

Ah Kat - you make me want to come take care of you...... well, you did for about 2 seconds, then it passed.

Fingers crossed - my computer should be home today. Let's hope it is really fixed this time!

Quote Originally Posted by melissa View Post
    Ah Kat - you make me want to come take care of you...... well, you did for about 2 seconds, then it passed.

Fingers crossed - my computer should be home today. Let's hope it is really fixed this time!
    Don't worry about it -- I'd drive you crazy anyway! :c)

Hope the computer has been spanked into submission. It's been dead here lately, and not the fun Walking kind either!

Well the computer is home - and working (for now), though he ended up deleting EVERYTHING from my computer. Seriously, my desktop had internet explorer and a recycle bin on it. I spent hours yesterday trying to add stuff back, remember my favorites and put things like Adobe Flash back on. Honestly besides my pictures and books, he removed every single thing off this computer - then he says the issue is my modem. I need to do things like reload my camera and phone - if I can find the program discs, heck, he even removed Windows Office and all of its programs.

So the boy left an hour ago to get a Slurpee and he is not home yet. Should I be worried?

I say do not worry about the boy – they get distracted easily at that age. Maybe he saw something shiny. It sounds like they rebooted your hard drive, which I figured would have to happen. Even if it was just the modem, sometimes wiping everything clean is the only solution. I got so irritated with that computer stuff that I started saving everything to a back-up hard drive. It won’t save your programs, but all your files will be there.

So some dick cop pulls me over. Why? Because I wasn’t wearing my seatbelt! And that was it! When he told me why he pulled me over, I laughed. And then I laughed again when he told me to try to be more careful in the future after giving me a $20 ticket. Not wise, I know, but I can’t help myself being such a smartass. I think I should get credit for not saying what I really wanted to, which was, “Here’s $40, Officer. I plan on not wearing my seat belt on the way home too.” Honestly, why am I getting penalized if I choose fiery broken windshield death over walking away from an accident?

I didn't think they could pull you over just for that - thought you had to be violating some other traffic law and they could dump the seatbelt charge on top of that. Maybe that is just here, or maybe that has changed. Either way, I think wearing/not wearing your seatbelt (for adults) should be your choice and not something regulated by law.

The boy got a ticket for speeding the other day - he was traveling on one highway and turned onto another and didn't notice that there was a speed limit change. So he is tooling along at 69 and the State Patrol pulls him over because it is a 55 mph not a 65 mph zone. $179.00 later, they let him go on his merry way. Honestly, first time he has ever been pulled over, and it was an honest mistake - I was with him and we both told the guy that neither of us had seen a speed limit sign, but nope, no warning, except that we should be more observant. Honestly, the highways here are all 65, so why this one was posted at 55 is beyond me. It is a two-lane highway in the absolute middle of nowhere with no traffic and no town, you should be able to travel at whatever speed you want since the only thing you have to watch out for is cows.

In New Jersey now, you can be pulled over just for not wearing a seat belt (I looked it up). But how desperate to fill your quota do you have to be for that? What about the gazillion drivers chatting merrily on their cell phones as they plow into traffic?

Actually, I was wearing it when he ambled up, so my lawyer boss says I have a good argument in court, but it's so not worth fighting over. I was shaky when I pulled out my license, and he's all, "Ma'am, is there a reason you're so nervous?" I think I should be canonized for not telling him the truth, which was, "Uh, yeah. When a cop in an unmarked car pulls me over for no reason, I think he's a serial killing rapist pretending to be the po-po. I watch 'Law and Order'."

When the boy got pulled over, you should have had him pull out a little cleavage. That's the trick that usually works for me. This time around, I was too at that arrogant little pup to show him any goods.

Wow, did I just say *arrogant little pup*? I'm old.

The boy has manly pecs - no cleavage. Not sure that would have worked for the arrogant pr!ck who pulled him over anyway. He kept asking him all kinds of questions about where he was going, where he was coming from, why was he on that road, etc. I wanted to call him an a$$hole and point out that he was driving with his MOTHER, so really what kind of trouble did he think my clean-cut, good-looking, non-tattooed, All-American looking son was really up too.

Not that kids with that description can't be up to no good, and not that all tattooed, non All-American kids are all up to no good either, but how many of them actually get into trouble with their Mom along for the ride?

My computer issues have now bled over onto my work computer - but only the mapping program that I use every single day. Honestly, today it told me I had a fatal error and then just shut down. Right in the middle of a rather complicated map. It wouldn't reopen for some time and then when it finally did, it had not saved before closing, of course, so the two hours I had spent mapping were just wasted. Argh!! If anyone has any good computer karma they are willing to share, it would be welcome if you sent it my way.

I have no good karma -- viruses destroyed my last work computer. Even the tech guy was all, "Shyeah ... no."

I hate when cops ask you those stupid questions! Again, Kat = smartass. It hurts to have to reign it in. Always with the, "Where are you going today?" "Well, Officer, it's 9 a.m. on a Monday morning, so I'm clearly going to my crack den. You rube." I kept biting off my answers to him so I didn't get in trouble, just short *yes* and *no* answers. Like I said though, I couldn't help laughing at him when he told me to be more careful. I'm lucky he didn't haul me in!

Dick.

+ Reply to Thread