> > >

Thread: Trying to locate a quote from the book!

Default Trying to locate a quote from the book!

Hi all! I'm trying to find the quote about Mac being a kite in a storm but her string is taut....
    I'm 90% sure it's from Dreamfever. Can anyone tell me what chapter it's in??? I need to read my favorite passage from a book or poem to a group I belong to for a reflection exercise.....

According to the kindle, it's page 29 of Dreamfever. She's still pri-ya. "I am a kite in a tornado, but I have a long string. There is tension in my line. Somewhere, someone is holding on to the other end, and, although it cannot spare me this storm, it will not let me be lost while I regain my strength."

I'm the one with boobs !! analisa's Avatar

Such a great quote ...

Beautiful art work by alicexz

In the Hardback copy ...it's pg 34 (Chapter 4)

VP's best yet

And therein lies the problem of ebook page numbering: you never know what print edition they used to correlate the page numbers by. They're great for giving you a general idea of location though. If anyone has the paperback, I'd be curious to know what page it's on in that one.

"If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real
    than people with bodies and heartbeats."

--Richard Bach, Illusions

Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaP View Post
    And therein lies the problem of ebook page numbering: you never know what print edition they used to correlate the page numbers by. They're great for giving you a general idea of location though. If anyone has the paperback, I'd be curious to know what page it's on in that one.
    Yep. I'd like to see which version (if any, really) the page #'s would correspond to. I didn't even notice that the kindle was now giving me page numbers - but only when I hit "menu" (the bottom still just gives %, which I'm used to now) :) I knew I d/l'd the update, but I figured I just didn't have any books that had that available on them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaP View Post
    PB pg43

Quote Originally Posted by -^-Lin-^- View Post
    PB pg43
    Thank you all for your help!! There it is, in my paperback, on page 43! YAY!
    You can always rely on a Maniac! :)