+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: URGENT thoughts and prayers needed

Want'n some Keltar tail! MacKeltar Lass's Avatar

Thank god they found him!

Hopefully its a quick recovery!

Want to go to a Scottish Highland Games? Follow Me!
    www.scotsfest.com

2011 Ireland Coordinator Debbie_D's Avatar

So glad they found him. Will still send out prayers and good vibes that he isn't harmed to badly from this. And definitely give him the lecture he needs.
    -Dageus
    "Seduction begins with the promise of touch, not touch itself. The deliberate withholding of it until the moment is exquisitely right. I've been known to devote days to heightening the tension to the perfect pitch. To seduce a woman using just one thing? My mouth, I confess, for selfish reasons. I adore slow, hungry kisses, trailing them over every inch of her body. Where sex with me can sometimes be demanding, my tongue is always gentle. Relentless, but gentle."

~Viking Princess Originals~
    Moning Maniac #69
    Don't blame me... Jenn started it and Vic's the instigator

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie_D View Post
    So glad they found him. Will still send out prayers and good vibes that he isn't harmed to badly from this. And definitely give him the lecture he needs.
    Oh we tried. Believe me. My blood is absolutely curdled after hearing the whole story. While this group is somewhat better prepared than absolute newbies would be, they made safety failure after safety failure...the kind of thing your average Boy Scout would know better than to do. 106 degree temps and no one thought to take a regular headcount. No one buddies up to make sure anyone who becomes disoriented by the heat doesn't wander off? (More than one person was having issues, apparently.) They're freaking lucky this didn't make the news.

And then they didn't take him in to a medical facility! They gave him some water and took him home.

And of course, he's "fine" if you ask him--just had a physical earlier this week, why would he need a doctor? Aaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhhh..... We did an end run around that one and gave my MIL some horror stories. She'll at least call the doc, and hopefully if for liability alone, they'll insist he goes in.

This man is normally very sensible--reason enough to haul his bony butt into the doc if you ask me, this is so out of character. God, they're as bad as toddlers past a certain age, aren't they? LOL

"If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real
    than people with bodies and heartbeats."

--Richard Bach, Illusions

Want'n some Keltar tail! MacKeltar Lass's Avatar

Just out of curiosity, why in the world were they hiking in 106 degrees?? Crikey, I won't even leave my house in, lol.

Wow, glad everything turned out okay! Making a mental note to not go hiking in Arizona! The same thing happened to a friend's coworker last summer -- although he wasn't found as quickly, he still was okay, but a scary ordeal for family and friends! Hope you and your husband are okay, too, the stress can be awful.

So happy he is ok!
    siggy courtesy of Pyxie

Thanks, all! Yes, we're still more than a little wigged out here. It's so hard when you're multiple states away, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MacKeltar Lass View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why in the world were they hiking in 106 degrees?? Crikey, I won't even leave my house in, lol.
    That's my first question too. They left at 4:30 AM...when it was "only" 86. But still, it's just crazy to me. He's an experienced hiker, don't get me wrong, but there's a reason even the lizards and coyotes hang out motionless in the shade in that kind of heat.

Maniac

glad to hear he is okay, I just finished reading a book about a search and rescue unit, so i have an idea that it sometimes takes a lot of work to find someone who is lost like that.

Quote Originally Posted by VictoriaP View Post
    Thanks all, I do very much appreciate it.

Update--we called his phone as he was supposedly still walking around instead of just staying put like you're supposed to. Group hiking leader answered the phone, they found him, and have him back at the car. Sounds like they're headed for the medics next (presumably heatstroke/exhaustion issues). At least they have him! Waiting on a bit more word. I imagine one of us is headed to AZ tonight or tomorrow.
    Glad to hear he was found, hugs to you and your family!...

Somewhere in the mist o' time
    a Fever rages in a Highlander "mine"~~
    Dual breath in a Druid born
    An Immortal lad of a Keltar lore~~
    Souls of the present meet the soul of past
    No canceling out of the sexy extra large Keltar lad~~
    Two of his kind, one stays behind
    in the past and in a present kin~~
    I'm trying to find A missing Keltar "Mine"
    Oh Dageus wherefor are though my friend?

Praying for you!

+ Reply to Thread