+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: KMM "Am I writing a 6th FEVER book?" note

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Thanks, Jenn, for posting this. I am glad that Karen is adding two more books about Mac to the series.

I am a little uneasy about Karen's quote about [Dani's mysteries] which "straddles the line of YA and adult uneasily."

Many young teens handle their teen years with grace and maturity without controversy. Too bad these young ladies are rarely celebrated in books.

I am sure that this will be controversial, but hopefully not as shocking as the wackadoo psychiatric group that wants to normalize and de-criminalize pedophilia.

I, for one, am sick to death of the sexualization of our young people.

Please, Karen, tell me you are not going there with Dani's books.

I love ya, Karen, but as the mother of two teenage girls who have chosen to take the high road (so far), please tread very carefully because there are certain things as a reader I will not condone or tolerate, and I would hate for you to lose loyal readers.
    Geez! Stop preaching to Karen and just trust her to write the story!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Thanks, Jenn, for posting this. I am glad that Karen is adding two more books about Mac to the series.

I am a little uneasy about Karen's quote about [Dani's mysteries] which "straddles the line of YA and adult uneasily."

Many young teens handle their teen years with grace and maturity without controversy. Too bad these young ladies are rarely celebrated in books.

I am sure that this will be controversial, but hopefully not as shocking as the wackadoo psychiatric group that wants to normalize and de-criminalize pedophilia.

I, for one, am sick to death of the sexualization of our young people.

Please, Karen, tell me you are not going there with Dani's books.

I love ya, Karen, but as the mother of two teenage girls who have chosen to take the high road (so far), please tread very carefully because there are certain things as a reader I will not condone or tolerate, and I would hate for you to lose loyal readers.
    Unless Dani's story is set in the future a few years, I really don't want her story to be sexualized. Contrary to popular belief, not all under-aged girls are having sex. I didn't lose my v-card until I was 18.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnellie View Post
    Geez! Stop preaching to Karen and just trust her to write the story!
    I agree, I am also betting That Dani's story will be set a few years down the road....

Quote Originally Posted by 4string View Post
    Unless Dani's story is set in the future a few years, I really don't want her story to be sexualized. Contrary to popular belief, not all under-aged girls are having sex. I didn't lose my v-card until I was 18.
    LOL! You V-card! That's an interesting way of putting it. I lost mine at 17 and I thought that was really young at the time.

Oh, happy day! Thanks for the info.
    ~Amanda~

"He made me love him without looking at me." ~Jane Eyre

I actually read this post on FB and started jumping up and down. Then I said, well this is too much like exercise, let me get a hold of myself.

so, i need to know....Vlan...he is coming out of the freezer right?

Maniac

Is absolutely giddy to hear that there will be two more books in this series!!!! I am in love with the series and the characters. Just finished "Shadowfever". Dear, gods.... Best book that I have read in a LOOOOOOOONG time!!!!! Cant wait for the next installment!

~Holly

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Girl View Post
    I actually read this post on FB and started jumping up and down. Then I said, well this is too much like exercise, let me get a hold of myself.
    Had the EXACT same reation!! LOL

OHHHH OMG!!! I just finished reading shadowfever and I must say I don't remember a book making me feel as many ups and downs emotions in my life!! Karen Marie Moning is such a talented author with an incredible insight to detail, that when I was reading the book, I couldn't stop thinking to myself, how is she going to accomplish answering all the scenarios that she created? To satisfy everyone's expectations? I was pleasantly surprised when I finished the book that I was feeling at peace, like I had been there fighting besides McKayla....

+ Reply to Thread