> > >
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 50

Thread: KMM "Am I writing a 6th FEVER book?" note

  1. #1
    LARGE lover jayzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Giving Barrons his pie!
    Posts
    7,717

    Default KMM "Am I writing a 6th FEVER book?" note

    Karen just posted a note on Facebook answering some questions about the new series.

    I'm copying it for everyone here

    Am I writing a 6th FEVER book?

    Because I keep getting this question, I’ve realized I've obviously not answered it to your satisfaction:) I'm going to post here and ask that you all help me in spreading the word around.



    I'm currently working on a trilogy that features Dani, Christian MacKeltar, Ryodan, and the mysterious 'Dancer,' set primarily in Fever-Dublin. Each installment in the trilogy is a stand-alone mystery, however there are larger plot arcs unfolding in the background. Where Mac was introspective and her story could feel somewhat esoteric, Dani is down and dirty in the streets. Lots of details, lots of action. There’s a different feel to the two series, totally different vantage points. I’m having a blast writing it.



    For those of you who have been worrying—the trilogy is not YA. If I had to categorize it, I would say it straddles the line between YA and adult uneasily. I don’t pull any punches. It may be controversial in some ways. But whose teen years weren’t? LOL! Many of the questions I left unanswered in the FEVER series are addressed in this new series.



    Exciting news: I’ve agreed to write two more books after that. Once the new trilogy is complete, I’m returning to the core story begun in the FEVER series, and will resume writing about Mac, Barrons, V’lane, Cruce, the Unseelie king, the concubine, the Song of Making.



    All in all, there are five more books coming about the Fever World!



    Because I know you guys, I know this is going to make some of you as nervous as it makes you excited. Trust me. I’m making no compromises with the characters or the story. It’s all unfolding exactly as it should, true to itself-which means, it’s a sometimes rocky road. Dark times ahead, guys. But I write it all with genuine love for the characters, the world, and you the reader.



    As a final note, quit scaring Dreamworks with your demands for NC-17, LMAO. I don’t write NC-17. You have NC-17 imaginations! Sometimes I think you guys should be telling me stories!

    VP's best yet

  2. #31
    Maniac oldnellie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Thanks, Jenn, for posting this. I am glad that Karen is adding two more books about Mac to the series.

    I am a little uneasy about Karen's quote about [Dani's mysteries] which "straddles the line of YA and adult uneasily."

    Many young teens handle their teen years with grace and maturity without controversy. Too bad these young ladies are rarely celebrated in books.

    I am sure that this will be controversial, but hopefully not as shocking as the wackadoo psychiatric group that wants to normalize and de-criminalize pedophilia.

    I, for one, am sick to death of the sexualization of our young people.

    Please, Karen, tell me you are not going there with Dani's books.

    I love ya, Karen, but as the mother of two teenage girls who have chosen to take the high road (so far), please tread very carefully because there are certain things as a reader I will not condone or tolerate, and I would hate for you to lose loyal readers.
    Geez! Stop preaching to Karen and just trust her to write the story!

  3. #32
    Maniac 4string's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    64

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Thanks, Jenn, for posting this. I am glad that Karen is adding two more books about Mac to the series.

    I am a little uneasy about Karen's quote about [Dani's mysteries] which "straddles the line of YA and adult uneasily."

    Many young teens handle their teen years with grace and maturity without controversy. Too bad these young ladies are rarely celebrated in books.

    I am sure that this will be controversial, but hopefully not as shocking as the wackadoo psychiatric group that wants to normalize and de-criminalize pedophilia.

    I, for one, am sick to death of the sexualization of our young people.

    Please, Karen, tell me you are not going there with Dani's books.

    I love ya, Karen, but as the mother of two teenage girls who have chosen to take the high road (so far), please tread very carefully because there are certain things as a reader I will not condone or tolerate, and I would hate for you to lose loyal readers.
    Unless Dani's story is set in the future a few years, I really don't want her story to be sexualized. Contrary to popular belief, not all under-aged girls are having sex. I didn't lose my v-card until I was 18.

  4. #33
    Maniac Dark Pixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldnellie View Post
    Geez! Stop preaching to Karen and just trust her to write the story!
    I agree, I am also betting That Dani's story will be set a few years down the road....

  5. #34
    Perfectly flawed ~Aimee~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4string View Post
    Unless Dani's story is set in the future a few years, I really don't want her story to be sexualized. Contrary to popular belief, not all under-aged girls are having sex. I didn't lose my v-card until I was 18.
    LOL! You V-card! That's an interesting way of putting it. I lost mine at 17 and I thought that was really young at the time.

  6. #35
    Gandy Perv lilahlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    3,796

    Default

    Oh, happy day! Thanks for the info.
    ~Amanda~

    "He made me love him without looking at me." ~Jane Eyre

  7. #36
    Maniac Southern Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    442

    Default

    I actually read this post on FB and started jumping up and down. Then I said, well this is too much like exercise, let me get a hold of myself.

  8. #37
    Maniac Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    105

    Default

    so, i need to know....Vlan...he is coming out of the freezer right?

  9. #38
    Maniac
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Is absolutely giddy to hear that there will be two more books in this series!!!! I am in love with the series and the characters. Just finished "Shadowfever". Dear, gods.... Best book that I have read in a LOOOOOOOONG time!!!!! Cant wait for the next installment!

    ~Holly

  10. #39
    Maniac
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Girl View Post
    I actually read this post on FB and started jumping up and down. Then I said, well this is too much like exercise, let me get a hold of myself.
    Had the EXACT same reation!! LOL

  11. #40
    Maniac Braziliangirl70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    OHHHH OMG!!! I just finished reading shadowfever and I must say I don't remember a book making me feel as many ups and downs emotions in my life!! Karen Marie Moning is such a talented author with an incredible insight to detail, that when I was reading the book, I couldn't stop thinking to myself, how is she going to accomplish answering all the scenarios that she created? To satisfy everyone's expectations? I was pleasantly surprised when I finished the book that I was feeling at peace, like I had been there fighting besides McKayla....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •