> > >
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: KMM "Am I writing a 6th FEVER book?" note

Default KMM "Am I writing a 6th FEVER book?" note

Karen just posted a note on Facebook answering some questions about the new series.

I'm copying it for everyone here

Am I writing a 6th FEVER book?

Because I keep getting this question, I’ve realized I've obviously not answered it to your satisfaction:) I'm going to post here and ask that you all help me in spreading the word around.

I'm currently working on a trilogy that features Dani, Christian MacKeltar, Ryodan, and the mysterious 'Dancer,' set primarily in Fever-Dublin. Each installment in the trilogy is a stand-alone mystery, however there are larger plot arcs unfolding in the background. Where Mac was introspective and her story could feel somewhat esoteric, Dani is down and dirty in the streets. Lots of details, lots of action. There’s a different feel to the two series, totally different vantage points. I’m having a blast writing it.

For those of you who have been worrying—the trilogy is not YA. If I had to categorize it, I would say it straddles the line between YA and adult uneasily. I don’t pull any punches. It may be controversial in some ways. But whose teen years weren’t? LOL! Many of the questions I left unanswered in the FEVER series are addressed in this new series.

Exciting news: I’ve agreed to write two more books after that. Once the new trilogy is complete, I’m returning to the core story begun in the FEVER series, and will resume writing about Mac, Barrons, V’lane, Cruce, the Unseelie king, the concubine, the Song of Making.

All in all, there are five more books coming about the Fever World!

Because I know you guys, I know this is going to make some of you as nervous as it makes you excited. Trust me. I’m making no compromises with the characters or the story. It’s all unfolding exactly as it should, true to itself-which means, it’s a sometimes rocky road. Dark times ahead, guys. But I write it all with genuine love for the characters, the world, and you the reader.

As a final note, quit scaring Dreamworks with your demands for NC-17, LMAO. I don’t write NC-17. You have NC-17 imaginations! Sometimes I think you guys should be telling me stories!

VP's best yet

I can't read this message enough. I'm way toooooooooo happy. I can't thank you, Karen, enough for this!

There's a youtube video of David Gandy-How can I not love you-that is great to watch. You can actually picture some of the moments from the fever series and apply to his mannerisms on the video. A must see for any lady that feels that he would be perfect for the part of JZB if a movie was ever made. Eye Candy for sure!! There's even a shot of him driving towards the end of the video that reminded me of his Hummer.

Maniac

OMG can't wait for both! I agree that when the fever movies are made they need to be R rated because this series is not YA it is Adult Paranormal! Key word is adult! So for all you moms wanting to take your teenage daughters this series is not for them!

Maniac

This has made me so freakin happy!!! CANNOT WAIT for more Mac &JB!!

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Thanks, Jenn, for posting this. I am glad that Karen is adding two more books about Mac to the series.

I am a little uneasy about Karen's quote about [Dani's mysteries] which "straddles the line of YA and adult uneasily."

Many young teens handle their teen years with grace and maturity without controversy. Too bad these young ladies are rarely celebrated in books.

I am sure that this will be controversial, but hopefully not as shocking as the wackadoo psychiatric group that wants to normalize and de-criminalize pedophilia.

I, for one, am sick to death of the sexualization of our young people.

Please, Karen, tell me you are not going there with Dani's books.

I love ya, Karen, but as the mother of two teenage girls who have chosen to take the high road (so far), please tread very carefully because there are certain things as a reader I will not condone or tolerate, and I would hate for you to lose loyal readers.
    Ok, no offense but Karen is a master at what she does. Calm down....

Maniac

Default Yes!!! Book 6

I cant wait for book 6!! Sorry to the ppl worried about censorship and youth appropriate reading - I am a grown woman and I hope the audience of a (dark fantasy) are also adults. Personally- I want to read more Barron's / Lane wild sex and devotion!!! An unconventional love story with out of this world SEX!!

Default I'm back!

After forever of being offline I finally have a replacement laptop so I can get online occasionally! I've missed you all so much, and I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED BY THE NEWS!!!!!! I was praying that the Fever series wasn't over yet, and now I got my wish! ^_^
    *Izar*

Proud member of the MMPS

Maniac Housekeeper of 3Bs Sky28's Avatar

Seems that you have been a good girl!
    ;-)

Maniac

I am sooo thrilled the storie will go on and looking forward to the ones about Dani I am a scy-fy reader and very picky I read the whole fever series in one week I couldnt put it down then I find out tonight dreamworks has picked up movie rights and I sooo cant wait I just hope they keep it rated r and dont butcher it by trying to make it pg13 lol i felt like i was there in the srory oh and the song Jericho rain wow my fave !!

Maniac

I sooo agree they need to keep it for something us adults enjoy let the teens have their twighlight lol and we will have our fever if they edit it i will be so sad