+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jason Stathom [To continue the "Jason" casting trend]

Default Jason Stathom [To continue the "Jason" casting trend]

So I was watching a Jason Stathom movie yesterday with my husband and I was thinking I could maybe see Jason as one of the 8. Actually, I was kinda thinking I could see him as Lor. What do you ladies think. He's not what I would consider a major hottie, but he's not unattractive either. What he is, is a bruiser type, and that's what I think of when I think of Lor.

P.S. - On another note... it hasn't escaped me that we now have three movie candidates for Fever with the first name "Jason" and there all beefcakes. What is it about Jason's? LOL

I ran into this interesting blogpost on Jason's ab workout....

the post below was taken from: http://www.irasabs.com/?tag=jason-statham

Jason Statham’s Workout Routine
    After admiring his physique, I bumped into this Men’s Health article about how Jason lost 17 pounds in six weeks and how he grew all his muscles. It’s an eye opener to someone like me who loves sugar and spends 30 minutes doing only abs exercises. Jason’s entire routine takes just 35 minutes. But he does it six days a week, and the pictures show he is doing something very right. I love his comment in the article: If Statham’s workout is your model, you should understand that, at times during our talk, he referred to it as horrible, nauseating, bastard, murder, nightmare, and priceless, preceding each description with the word “f–king.”

Statham’s Secrets of Superlean
    Actor Jason Statham took on a brutal new training regimen and dropped 17 pounds in 6 weeks. So, what are you waiting for?
    “He’s a bit lardy, isn’t he?” Jason Statham says in his gritty British voice, chuckling. He’s referring to the man in two pictures he’s holding, a pair of classic “before” shots, one from the front, one from the back. Indeed, the man in the photos has some extra dough, and not the green kind. There’s muscle there for sure, but no definition at all. Jason Statham isn’t ripping on just anyone: He’s the guy in the photos.
    Jason Statham’s weight gain came the same way it does for most of us: a few too many beers and a couple of extra servings, compounded over time. Work out hard and you’ll crave calories as fuel at the same time you loathe the millstone they can form around your middle.
    “I never gave a f–k about a calorie,” Statham says. “An apple? It’s good for me. I’d have five. Bananas? Eat the bunch.”
    Statham was staying active at work, filming the shoot-’em-up War, in which he has his first fight scenes with a worthy adversary — Jet Li. But the pounds crept onto his torso and hung there like the remembrance of meals past.
    Now Jason Statham brushes aside the ugly photos on the coffee table in his living room and gives me a dose of his current reality: He lifts up his shirt. He’s shredded — rumble-strip abs, cords in his chest, veins in his arms.
    “That’s 17 pounds in 6 weeks, mate,” he says, and then plops down on his sofa again. “And that’s working out 6 days a week for, at most, about 35 minutes a day. I’ve never, ever gotten results like this before.”
    That’s a bold statement from a man who used to be on the British Olympic diving team and lists mixed martial arts (that’s UFC-style fighting) as a hobby. In fact, he sounds like an infomercial. So what’s the secret?
    Prepare to sweat. And hurt. And, well, eat. But only enough to stoke your fire, not smother it.

The Workout
    If Statham’s workout is your model, you should understand that, at times during our talk, he referred to it as horrible, nauseating, bastard, murder, nightmare, and priceless, preceding each description with the word “f–king.”
    What follows are his general guidelines and some sample exercises. For a typical week’s complete workout, go here.
    He works out every day but Sunday with Logan Hood, a former Navy SEAL that runs Epoch Training (www.epochtraining.com). Saturdays are reserved for hour long sustained trail runs in the Hollywood Hills while the other 5 days are spent at 87Eleven, a full service action film company and stunt studio located in a converted warehouse near the Los Angeles airport. Hollywood stuntmen own and train at the unique facility. There are trampolines, climbing ropes, heavy bags, barbells, kettlebells, crash pads, and a complex apparatus of pullup bars.
    There are only two real rules to the workout.
    1. No repeats. “I haven’t had one single day in 6 weeks that has been a repeat,” he says. “Every single day has had a different combination of exercises. Obviously, you repeat exercises over the course of 6 weeks, but you’ll never do that workout you did on Thursday the 23rd of August again. It always changes, and that’s what keeps it so interesting.” Read the rest of this entry >>

Maniac

Default Looks good to me!

Yeah, I can definitely see him as one of the eight; but isn't Lor the one that never talks? It's been a while since I read the books, so I'm not an "expert" anymore. (A re-read is in my future.) Just seems a waste of a British accent.

No. Lor is the one that gives Mac all kinds of sh*t. He's the mouthy one that made Mac take her clothes off at the bottom of the steps at Chesters and then met her at the back door of Barrons library to threaten her. Your thinking of Kasteo. Lor was the one that made the comment about it being a thousand years already and you'd think the guy would have gotten over it by now. He's the smart ass of the group.
    Last edited by ~Aimee~; 09-09-2011 at 04:54 PM.

lord bless charlie mops! Caitríona's Avatar

HOLY CRAP! That last picture of him is like... holy crap! I don't know what movie that is, but I sure look forward to watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitríona View Post
    HOLY CRAP! That last picture of him is like... holy crap! I don't know what movie that is, but I sure look forward to watching it.

LMAO! I know right? I just love this one sentence from the interview he did about his workout for his current film.

If Statham’s workout is your model, you should understand that, at times during our talk, he referred to it as horrible, nauseating, bastard, murder, nightmare, and priceless, preceding each description with the word “f–king.”

Nice indeed!

VP original~

Here are some movie trailers to recent movies he's done. I'm particularly interested in Killer Elite with Robert De Niro! But I don't think it's out yet. I am however, renting The Mechanic tonight if it's available. But I noticed somebody said on one of these trailers that "nobody does smart-ass better than Stathom" and to me... smart-ass definitely = Lor. I can totally see Statham saying, "Charm takes energy better spent f*cking. I prefer a club over the head."

Killer Elite Official Movie Trailer [with Robert De Niro] I love this trailer! Especially the chair through the window scene in the beginning! WTF!

The Mechanic Official Movie Trailer [with Ryan Gossling]

Blitz Official Movie Trailer

UPDATE: Killer Elite comes out in theaters on September 23rd! Woot! That's just around the corner!
    Last edited by ~Aimee~; 09-10-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Maniac

Jason is my all time favorite action star. He's hardcore - and sexy without even trying! I'd love to see him in the fever movie! One of the 8 would be fitting, of course!

Ooohh la laaa! He is fine! Great actor aswell

+ Reply to Thread