> > >
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fevercon and ICED Release Party info

Default Fevercon and ICED Release Party info

Karen posted on FB this note:

ICED 2012

Months ago, I began getting panicked emails from people who were worried that they wouldn’t be able to get one of the 225 tickets to FeverCon, and/or wouldn’t be able to afford the costs of flight and accommodations plus the conference fee. I knew these people. I like these people. Many of them were at my last FeverCon, others I met at booksignings and events over the years. I realized I was planning a party that was going to exclude a significant number of people that wanted to attend, and they were very upset about it.

Not only is FeverCon exclusive, it takes a tremendous amount of time and effort, from planning to organization to execution. With three releases this year, and more appearances than I’ve ever done, 2012 is already shaping up to be an absurdly busy year. So I sat down with my team and we discussed possibilities. After lengthy deliberation, we decided that time and effort can be better used differently this year, while solving the limited budget/limited ticket problem that has so many people worried.

Rather than hosting FeverCon this year, which only 225 people can attend, at the price of $350.00 per person for the con fee alone, I’m throwing a free ICED release bash.

It won’t cost you anything but your travel and accommodations, and there is no limit on the number of attendees. Pack in cars, split your hotel costs, travel cheap and come party with me on Halloween.

WHEN? The ICED signing is on Monday, October 29th but we’ll be in town partying from the 26th through the 30th.

WHERE? Where else on Halloween? NEW ORLEANS! There are so many Halloween parties in the French Quarter that I can’t think of any other place I’d rather be.

HOST HOTEL where we’ll all be hanging out? Again—where else? The spectacular Le Pavillon Hotel.

They did such a wonderful job with the Shadowfever launch that I’m in no mood to mess with success. We’ve negotiated special room rates for you again but the block is limited.

You must book your rooms at Le Pavillon through the KMM ICED event or you won’t get the special rate. When you call, you have to clearly state you’re coming for the event. When the block runs out, the prices will go up, so if you plan to stay in the hotel where all the events will be happening, book it now. This is especially true since it's on Halloween weekend, and hotels fill up in NOLA for the parties. FYI, last year the block ran out within a matter of hours from the time of our announcement.

To reserve online click on this link: Le Pavillon Reservations

https://booking.ihotelier.com/istay/...&hotelID=75155

Here is the number to reserve by phone (the best way to book if you have special requests such as connected rooms, etc.) You must use the code KMM ICED to get the discounted rates: 1 (800) 535-9095.

What’s on the agenda? I’m not sure yet. We’re still playing with ideas. There will definitely be festivities and discussions, informal and formal. Probably goodies, depending on the generosity of publishers. Certainly a few special guests.

Wow. It’s beginning to sound like all the best of FeverCon, without any of the cost or headaches, and no limit on attendees.

Looking forward to seeing you in New Orleans for an ICED Halloween!

Forgot to say, I'll be doing talks on Tuesday October 30th at La Pavillon so those who are going to NOLA for the ICED Book Launch Party should stick around for revealing tidbits and the inside scoop on what's coming next...:)
    Last edited by -^-Lin-^-; 01-24-2012 at 01:22 PM.

VP's best yet

Maniac

I just booked a room today, so they still have some left. I will be staying 10/26 check out 10/30. I went to FeverCon in ATL in 2010 with my sister and we had a blast. I missed the book signing in NOL but caught up with KMM in ATL. Neil did perform in ATL, so I hope this event is alittle more then just a book signing. Look forward to seeing the itinerary and the special guest list.

you can still book rooms just not at the discount. We are in and looking forward to it...We had so much fun last year!! Can't wait to hear what all is planned.

Hello all!

Me and a friend will, hopefully, be travelling from Edinburgh, Scotland for this event! I was wondering if anyone had heard of any other international event-goers?

We won't be staying at La Pav as the flights are going to be super expensive. Does any one know of any charming but cheap hotels nearby?

I am so excited-slash-nervous for this trip. I'm such an anxious traveller, so I'll no doubt be back with endless questions.

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone! :)

We booked our flights today! Hopefully we'll find a nice hotel as well! So very excited!

I'm travelling from Australia with my mum. Trying to find a hotel as well.

We're staying at the O Keefe hotel (one block away from Le Pavillon) from the 24th til the 29th and then checking into Le Pavillon from 29th til 31st. We managed to get the discounted rate at Le Pav for the three days but not over the weekend, hence the hotel switch. The O Keefe is super cheap, it has mixed reviews but nothing I can't handle. As long as it is clean and there is a bed and a shower I am not fussy.

I am so jealous!!! Would love to be able to attend this event and meet all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by _VMR View Post
    We're staying at the O Keefe hotel (one block away from Le Pavillon) from the 24th til the 29th and then checking into Le Pavillon from 29th til 31st. We managed to get the discounted rate at Le Pav for the three days but not over the weekend, hence the hotel switch. The O Keefe is super cheap, it has mixed reviews but nothing I can't handle. As long as it is clean and there is a bed and a shower I am not fussy.
    This is what I am doing too!

Quote Originally Posted by huntkota View Post
    you can still book rooms just not at the discount. We are in and looking forward to it...We had so much fun last year!! Can't wait to hear what all is planned.
    Actually, last I checked, which was this morning, the discount is still available BUT they no longer have rooms with double beds.

Hey, y'all! Just to let you know -- Anne Rice's Vampire Ball will be in NOLA on the same weekend as Fevercon. Since FC won't be as scheduled this year, I thought I'd pass it on in case anyone wants to organize a group thing, if there's interest.

http://www.arvlfc.com/Annual_Coven_Ball.html

P.S. Sherrilyn Kenyon and her brother's band War Child will be there too! =D
    Kat
    Proud Member of the SSMKA, GBOCL & A.M.A.D.A.N.

Keepin' the board alive, one post at a time.