> > >
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Roommates

Default Roommates

Post here if you have a room and are looking or if you're looking for a spot in someone's room. Please include dates.

Good luck!

Here are some resources for your search:

1. KMM just created a Facebook page for the ICED NOLA event and there people on the wall looking for roommates and rooms. Check them out at https://www.facebook.com/pages/KMMs-...69635149806274 by liking the page.
    2. Join Maniac Meetups where Maniacs plan gatherings and see if there's someone there who might help. Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/maniacmeetup/
    3. Connect with other Maniacs at the Moning Maniacs group. They have an awesome ICED room doc that might help you out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/moningmaniacs/
    4. Keep an eye out for each other. If you see something that might help, please point it out!

Happy Hunting!

UPDATE from Leiha: "There are still rooms available. Their website isn't keeping up with the amount of Moning Maniacs making reservations. The price did go up on Fri and Sat from $199 to $250 but other than Sun ($199) the rooms are $120 extending out to Nov 4th. The price for that weekend for people not booking through KMM is significantly higher.

Here is the number to reserve by phone. You must use the code KMM ICED to get the discounted rates: 1 (800) 535-9095"

Lightbulb

I also did some *rough calculations (included the separate rates for Fri &Sat, fee of $20 for 4 extra people, and 13% tax) and for a total of 6 people in one room it would be about $223 to stay from Friday the 26th until Thursday the 1st. I don't think that's too unreasonable to pay the regular rate for one night to stay a whole week and have plenty of time to do things all over New Orleans.

That being said, I'm willing to be the one to make the reservations and pay with my own card if anyone is interested. I will, however, need to have the payment for the room sent to me via Paypal (preferred), mail order, or check, or have the funds transferred to me electronically before I can make the reservation.

So I'm willing to take in strays! And so no one has to sleep on the floor for 5 straight nights we could probably work out a rotation.

*Like I said, these are rough calculations so the estimate price is not yet guaranteed. I intend to make a call to Le Pavillon to confirm these rates and will post back when I find out what the price will be for sure.
    .:Something wicked this way comes:.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin613 View Post
    College student here! I'm going to be driving from Houston (very possibly with a +1) and I'd really like to find some nice folks to room with anywhere between Oct 26th-Nov 1st.
    Ideally I'd love to be able to stay at Le Pavillon but any hotel nearby is good with me too. I'm very excited about making this trip but I'd like to keep costs as low as possible. As many of you know, I'm sure, New Orleans can be expensive and even more so around Halloween =/
    If anyone is looking for roomies I'm good for the money and clean, I don't even mind sleeping on the floor or in a chair =D
    Hey Jin613! Finding a roomie shouldn't be too tough. Your best bet may be to get on Facebook and find KMM's page & her other fan groups & see who's looking for roomies. I'm sure if anything comes up, someone here will let you know. Good luck!

I also did some *rough calculations (included the separate rates for Fri &Sat, fee of $20 for 4 extra people, and 13% tax) and for a total of 6 people in one room it would be about $223 to stay from Friday the 26th until Thursday the 1st. I don't think that's too unreasonable to pay the regular rate for one night to stay a whole week and have plenty of time to do things all over New Orleans.

That being said, I'm willing to be the one to make the reservations and pay with my own card if anyone is interested. I will, however, need to have the payment for the room sent to me via Paypal (preferred), mail order, or check, or have the funds transferred to me electronically before I can make the reservation.

So I'm willing to take in strays! And so no one has to sleep on the floor for 5 straight nights we could probably work out a rotation.

*Like I said, these are rough calculations so the estimate price is not yet guaranteed. I intend to make a call to Le Pavillon to confirm these rates and will post back when I find out what the price will be for sure.
    Not sure how 6 in a room will work. The rooms are tight with just 4 on the double queen. Any more go against hotel policy & would be just plain uncomfortable. Just MHO. Haha!

If you're thinking about getting a reservation, go ahead & get it. There's no charge & you have 48 hrs b4 the date to cancel. Take care!

I did make a few post on KMM Facebook pages, nothing back yet though. =(

As for the numbers: I just used six as a maximum number. When I had attended the Shadowfever release I did see some of the rooms, and at one point there were as many as 8-10 people in one room. Granted, that was just hanging out together not sleeping. But like I said, six is just an estimate, with the assumption of two people sleeping on the floor. Not ideal, I know, but I was opting for budget. In addition, I did also calculate for 4 people in the event that I could not find enough folks and the general cost didn't change too badly, and would be $322, rather than $223. Still a really affordable alternative.

I know I, personally, don't mind a little discomfort if it's something I really want to do but can't entirely afford. When I went to the Shadowfever release I drove six hours by myself at 4am to the event, despite a friend canceling on me. I then intended to drive back another six hours right after my book was signed because I had classes the next day. Ultimately, I was very kindly offered to stay a night with a pair of lovely ladies staying at Le Pav, then awoke at 5am to drive straight from New Orleans to my class at 12pm in Houston. I had much less of a budget then, but this time I really would like to go a route less stressful lol
    So when I say I don't mind sleeping on the floor if I have to, I mean it heh, especially if it means sacrificing the bed to someone who helped to make it even possible for me to go.

It is nice to know that I don't have to pay for the room when booking though (if I understood you correctly) that would take a lot of the pressure off being able to just pay them when we arrive.
    Thanks!

I did make a few post on KMM Facebook pages, nothing back yet though. =(

As for the numbers: I just used six as a maximum number. When I had attended the Shadowfever release I did see some of the rooms, and at one point there were as many as 8-10 people in one room. Granted, that was just hanging out together not sleeping. But like I said, six is just an estimate, with the assumption of two people sleeping on the floor. Not ideal, I know, but I was opting for budget. In addition, I did also calculate for 4 people in the event that I could not find enough folks and the general cost didn't change too badly, and would be $322, rather than $223. Still a really affordable alternative.

I know I, personally, don't mind a little discomfort if it's something I really want to do but can't entirely afford. When I went to the Shadowfever release I drove six hours by myself at 4am to the event, despite a friend canceling on me. I then intended to drive back another six hours right after my book was signed because I had classes the next day. Ultimately, I was very kindly offered to stay a night with a pair of lovely ladies staying at Le Pav, then awoke at 5am to drive straight from New Orleans to my class at 12pm in Houston. I had much less of a budget then, but this time I really would like to go a route less stressful lol
    So when I say I don't mind sleeping on the floor if I have to, I mean it heh, especially if it means sacrificing the bed to someone who helped to make it even possible for me to go.

It is nice to know that I don't have to pay for the room when booking though (if I understood you correctly) that would take a lot of the pressure off being able to just pay them when we arrive.
    Thanks!
    WOW Jin613, you are MY kind of MANIAC! Love the determination! That'll take you far not just with KMM events and school but in life. Totally inspirational!

Yes, when you reserve your room, you don't pay and you can cancel up to 48 hours before. I'm pretty sure you can bunk with one of the Maniacs. Any spaces I hear about, I will definitely let you know. Good luck and looking forward to seeing you in NOLA!

Maniac

If anyone is intrested my friend and I are staying at the Le Pavillon but only for the weekend, Oct 26-Oct 28th. So if someone needs an extra bed I have one for that weekend

Maniac

I might have an extra bed from October 26 - 30th. I have to check with my friend first but let me know if anyone is still looking. I would love to met more Manics!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oracle View Post
    WOW Jin613, you are MY kind of MANIAC! Love the determination! That'll take you far not just with KMM events and school but in life. Totally inspirational!

Yes, when you reserve your room, you don't pay and you can cancel up to 48 hours before. I'm pretty sure you can bunk with one of the Maniacs. Any spaces I hear about, I will definitely let you know. Good luck and looking forward to seeing you in NOLA!
    Well thank you so much for your help and please do keep me in mind if you know anyone looking for any additional person to help lessen the cost. A friend of mine is also very interested in coming and willing to chip in on the cost as well. She's never been to a KMM event so I'd really love to be able to show her how amazing everyone is, and it would also be nice to have someone to ride with me for that six hour drive this time lol

Hope to see you too!

Quote Originally Posted by BookJunkie33 View Post
    I might have an extra bed from October 26 - 30th. I have to check with my friend first but let me know if anyone is still looking. I would love to met more Manics!!!!
    I'm still looking, for possibly two people (myself and a friend)! Ideally we wanted to wait until after Halloween to drive home but we have the whole weekend to party and celebrate so we can afford to shave a day off heh. Do you know what the cost would be?

Maniac

I'm still looking, for possibly two people (myself and a friend)! Ideally we wanted to wait until after Halloween to drive home but we have the whole weekend to party and celebrate so we can afford to shave a day off heh. Do you know what the cost would be?
    It would be about 223 tax included per person. Have you been to one of theses envents before? It will be our first time!!!
    "One day you may kiss a man you can't breathe without, and find breath is of little consequence."

Quote Originally Posted by BookJunkie33 View Post
    It would be about 203 tax included per person. Have you been to one of theses envents before? It will be our first time!!!
    Are you staying at Le Pavillon? It doesn't matter, I would still be interested, I was just wondering how you got such a low rate lol
    And yes, I went to the Shadowfever release around this time last year and it was phenomenal. Made some great friends there that I hope to get a chance to see again come Halloween. Phil Gigante was fun to hang out and party with on any casual weekend in New Orleans, add to that Halloween and women in costume and it's going to be insane! When I went last year it was my first event and I was by myself and the Maniacs took me in under their wing and made me feel very welcome, I can't speak highly enough of how amazing everyone was to me. Much as I love KMM and would happily go to any event I could for her and her novels, I must say that about 50% of my wanting to return to NOLA is to reunite with wonderful people, 45% for Karen, and 5% for the love of the city.