> > >
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roommates

Default Roommates

Post here if you have a room and are looking or if you're looking for a spot in someone's room. Please include dates.

Good luck!

Here are some resources for your search:

1. KMM just created a Facebook page for the ICED NOLA event and there people on the wall looking for roommates and rooms. Check them out at https://www.facebook.com/pages/KMMs-...69635149806274 by liking the page.
    2. Join Maniac Meetups where Maniacs plan gatherings and see if there's someone there who might help. Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/maniacmeetup/
    3. Connect with other Maniacs at the Moning Maniacs group. They have an awesome ICED room doc that might help you out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/moningmaniacs/
    4. Keep an eye out for each other. If you see something that might help, please point it out!

Happy Hunting!

UPDATE from Leiha: "There are still rooms available. Their website isn't keeping up with the amount of Moning Maniacs making reservations. The price did go up on Fri and Sat from $199 to $250 but other than Sun ($199) the rooms are $120 extending out to Nov 4th. The price for that weekend for people not booking through KMM is significantly higher.

Here is the number to reserve by phone. You must use the code KMM ICED to get the discounted rates: 1 (800) 535-9095"

Quote Originally Posted by dijares View Post
    Hey there,

I just got off the phone with the hotel and made my reservation. I'm just curious about people checking out on the 1st. Doesn't everything end on the 30th? Then we can check out on the 31st.

Rates for the hotel with the KMM ICED code are $250 and then $120, but they're charging $20 per person for each person over 2 per room. So it's becoming pretty expensive. Plus it's 13% tax.

I believe we've found someone to room with us.
    Is that 20 a night per extra person? I'd recommend that you only reserve for the 2 of you until you confirm your roommate(s). Keeps the cost down & doesn't increase the price depending on unconfirmed guests. Good luck & see you soon!

ICED NOLA Roomie Request: Looking for someone with an extra bed for 1 or 2 ppl at Le Pavillon from Oct 26 - Nov 1 at the original rates (if possible) and ideally has someone already w/them.

Quote Originally Posted by oracle View Post
    Like before, you should be able to access the signing by preordering a book from Octavia Books. You can easily stay at another hotel but I'd recommend you call & hold a room w/a credit card for the dates you want, no charge or just come on the dates w/the cheaper rate Sun thru Weds. Booking & finding roomies may be your best bet. Good luck!
    As far as I know she has not announced the book store yet (though it probably will be Octavia they did a great job last time and they know what to expect lol) but yes the last time you only had to buy the book and the signing was free.

Time is the coin of your life.
    It is the only coin you have,
    and only you can determine how it will be spent,
    Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you- Carl Sandburg

Quote Originally Posted by Brekka View Post
    As far as I know she has not announced the book store yet (though it probably will be Octavia they did a great job last time and they know what to expect lol) but yes the last time you only had to buy the book and the signing was free.
    That's correct. There's been no announcement made regarding where we will be able to pre-order from.

Leiha already clarified the fact that the mention of the $120 was regarding the room rate ...NOT the signing itself.

VP's best yet

Maniac

My extra bed is filled! Good luck to everyone still looking for a roomate!

Quote Originally Posted by zombiebunz View Post
    Good for you!

Oh the irony! My friend now wants to leave the 31st. Good for you. I'm still in the market ladies. Looking for a bed until October 31 now. See y'all I NOLA!

I'm currently out of town in a conference at an area that I have no phone coverage or anything (I'm currently in my hotel room and have to leave in two minutes). So I'm posting this quickly. A friend of mine and I are going! Woohooo!!! But we'll get a room with two beds and would like to share the love (and the room cost!). So we need two more...please let me know if you can share! :) dijares at yahoo.com or post here. I'll try to check back again tomorrow night. :)

SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! :)
    Michelle, haven't had a chance to talk to hubby if he minds if I go....would LOVE to room with you again!!!! Can I get back with you this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by *Jo* View Post
    *sighs* Awww thanks for this update Leiha. You don't know how much THIS notice is appreciated. ~ WEG ~

*crossing fingers & crunching numbers* Will be back to see any new roomate requests or updates
    Are you going, Jo???? Still need to talk with hubby....I am out of town right now.

Hey there,

I just got off the phone with the hotel and made my reservation. I'm just curious about people checking out on the 1st. Doesn't everything end on the 30th? Then we can check out on the 31st.

Rates for the hotel with the KMM ICED code are $250 and then $120, but they're charging $20 per person for each person over 2 per room. So it's becoming pretty expensive. Plus it's 13% tax.

I believe we've found someone to room with us.
    Just saw this.....sigh.....okay :)

Maniac

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by zombiebunz View Post
    My friend and I are super excited to be rooming with you!! I can't wait October cannot get here soon enough!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FEARkiller View Post
    I live in PA!! So if there is anyone near the Poconos that's going and is flying or driving down and needs a roommate I'm your girl!!! I have been waiting to go to a Maniacs event since FeverCon '10 and I was working all day and the rooms were all booked by the time I got online!! So, please please, please!! If you live in NJ, DE, NY, MD or even OH I'll come to you!!!
    Hey Fearkiller- I'm originally from NE PA too! We'll have to meet up for sure. :)

College student here! I'm going to be driving from Houston (very possibly with a +1) and I'd really like to find some nice folks to room with anywhere between Oct 26th-Nov 1st.
    Ideally I'd love to be able to stay at Le Pavillon but any hotel nearby is good with me too. I'm very excited about making this trip but I'd like to keep costs as low as possible. As many of you know, I'm sure, New Orleans can be expensive and even more so around Halloween =/
    If anyone is looking for roomies I'm good for the money and clean, I don't even mind sleeping on the floor or in a chair =D
    .:Something wicked this way comes:.