+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Barrons and his men--the 13 souls--Connection?

Maniac

Default response to DeeS

I totally agree with everything you stated. I was soooo excited about Shadowfever; and I almost pulled my hair out waiting on the release date. After reading it, I somehow felt let down. Everyone else was so excited and singing praises, so I read it again, but I still felt let down. I still have so many unanswered questions. Who is Barrons and his peeps? Your correlation between Barrons and the souls is interesting.

However, I was excited to learn, after releasing the Dani O'Malley triology, KMM will release more stories about MAC and the original characters. Hopefully then we will get all our questions answered.

Have we had a confirmation on whether Ms M has definitely positively confirmed that Barrons and his posse are NOT part of the 13 missing souls of the Draghar Druids?
    I"m on book 3 - Faefever - rereading all of the books again for the upteenth time.
    I'm seeing lots of subtle evidence that could be used to say Barrons and his homies were the 13.
    His Druid skills far surpass what is considered to be 'normal' for a Druid (ie. warding the bookstore)
    I dunno .. I keep seeing flickers of light ..
    DeeS =^..^=
    Autism rates:
    1995=1:500 // 1998=1:250//2001=1:150//2009=1:90
    2012=1:88 Shouldn't you be REALLY worried?

The only thing that trips me up about this theory is that the 13 were definitely on Earth when they got cursed - locked away. And Barrons and his men have shown that when they got cursed...they were on another world and was part of that other world way before they got cursed on it (Hence the detail of not knowing they were cursed until one of them died and figured it out). Unless there will be a deviation from the highlander books, which is possible.

*Created by mcmissa*

Quote Originally Posted by mcmissa View Post
    The only thing that trips me up about this theory is that the 13 were definitely on Earth when they got cursed - locked away. And Barrons and his men have shown that when they got cursed...they were on another world and was part of that other world way before they got cursed on it (Hence the detail of not knowing they were cursed until one of them died and figured it out). Unless there will be a deviation from the highlander books, which is possible.
    where does it say they were on another planet/some place other than Earth?
    We see Barrons viewpoint from a desert ...
    we know it wasn't in current times because of the 'killing/raping' view.

Yeah, after chapter 8 I thought the desert was on Earth...
    Excerpt from Chapter 8:

It took me a bloody f*cking month to get back.
    I died three times.
    It was rose than the 1800s when I had to book passage on a steamer to cross the bloody ocean.
    Fragments of Fae reality everywhere, took down every plane I took up.

Doh! You girls are right, there is no mention of it being on another world. Gah! So sorry, not sure why it was in my head that it was.

Doh! You girls are right, there is no mention of it being on another world. Gah! So sorry, not sure why it was in my head that it was.
    ahhh gives you more to think about eh?

LOL, considering that before Shadowfever came out, I was a huge proponent of the idea that Barrons and his men were from another world (specifically the original Fae homeworld), I can't fault your thinking mcmissa! This series has so many facets that there is always something else to wonder about...

Maniac

Default why?

I agree with INFINITY, I felt the same , the last book wasn't what I expected. I 'm not saying that I WANTED the answers to all my questions, no problem with that, what's the fun in knowing all the answers? my disapoinment is because of Barrons and Mac reltionship, or should I say lack of a real relationship? It was kind of sad. they weren't anything more than two strangers that sleep togather. I LOVE BOTH OF THESE CHARACTERS but in the end I felt like ,there was a wall between them that never came down. I expected a lot, and the end left me so sad.
    I'm wondering if it's only me who felt like this.

Maniac

Actually, Barrons tells Mac that he came to this world 1,000 yrs ago in search of the book in Shadowfever (will search for the passage).

Also, I think Daegas having lived with the 13 would recognize their voices. Despite the hostilities b/t the druids and the 8 they stayed at chesters, If he had recognized them no way would they have stayed at chesters with their wives and children no matter what the incentive.

Plus, Barrons and the rest are top predators capable of destroying the fae. I can't imagine the fae having any hand in making creatures that are true immortal and that are capable of killing them. Also, the evil spirit Druids are about 1,000 yrs right (plus the reason they were cursed was b/c they were trying to play with time)?
    Well here is my theory, Barrons and the others are way, way older than we think. IIRC Barrons had to have someone id the queen (Adam, right?) well Adam is 6,000 yrs old and we don't know if he was born then or if he drank from the well but he didn't seem to remember Barrons and or the others, and remember Barrons made a big splash killing a princess trying to get info and causing mayham and panic. I think Adam would remember that or at least remember Barrons hangin' around for weeks/months he was there with the princess, that is, he would remember if he'd been alive at the time.
    Furthermore, Barrons wasn't completely sure they had the queen which suggests he's older than her since he didn't recognize her (we know she's been queen longer than Adam has been alive from the Highlander series) and thus needed confirmation. After all there were several different queens before Aobhil (sp?) that would/could have been around at court when he made his disgust with the fae obvious by going on a bloody rampage. Which would indicate that he's even older than queen Aobhil(sp?) and that the killing the fae princess incident happened before Aobhil became queen.
    Am I making any sense? Or am I blowing smoke lol. Oh also, Daegus said he heard from all the 13 and we know Kasteo hasn't spoken in 1,000 yrs. And one more thing. What would have happened to the kid? He couldn't have been on the 13 evil souls since he could barely do anything other than growl, snarl etc and that would have been mentioned probably.

That said I am pretty sure in one of the chat transcripts when asked about Barrons having anything to do with the Triton group or Draeghar Karen said he had nothing to with the Triton group and very carefully nothing at all about the Draeghar.

LOL can you tell I overthink everything?

+ Reply to Thread