> > >
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skillet in a Karen Marie Moning Book????

Maniac

Default Skillet in a Karen Marie Moning Book????

I don't know if anyone has noticed or care but in the beginning of the different parts of the book there song lyrics from Skillet. Just FYI Skillet is a Christian band. Just trying to figure it out. The lyrics fit but still trying to wrap my head around it.

Are you trying to say that it's odd for her to use lyrics from a Christian band? KMM uses music from a variety of bands throughout her books. If the lyrics and the music fit, why does the genre matter? Using their lyrics is not saying that the band has any connection to KMM or the books, and doesn't imply if the band either does or does not condone the books, and at the same time Karen isn't trying to either encourage or discourage any readers to like or dislike the bands or their music. I have quite a mix on my own ipod where I have multiple songs on the same playlist from Skillet, Red, Within Temptation, NIN, Srillex, Celldweller, Pendulum...doesn't hurt anything to appreciate music in many forms.

I like Skillet and I think of them as Christians who are in a band together but not a 'Christian band.' They don't do praise songs and such. They write about whatever strikes them like any other band. There are a lot of bands like that such as Switchfoot, Evanescence, Chevelle, Anberlin, etc.

What are the lyrics to the Skillet song?

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Girl View Post
    What are the lyrics to the Skillet song?
    I don't know the lyrics, but I believe the song is "Monster" and is at the section breaks in Shadowfever.

VP's best yet

Maniac

I think that you have misunderstood me. I love KMM and I also love Skillet. What I was trying to imply was that it threw me off gaurd. I wasn't expecting Skillet to be in her books. I also have a diverse mix on my own mp3 player. From Marlyn Masnson to Katy Perry to Boosie and Celtic melodies to all ranges of christian. Be it praise and worship or hard rock. My Playlist is such that it takes up half my harddrive. The reason I had brought it up was that I haven't run into any of Skillet's material being used before. It was very interesting to me. Again as I said before the lyrics fit! As to Skillet being a christian band they are. Though they don't do praise and worship the lyrics are still touching and still God related in away. I love all typs of music and find it comforting to have a diverse list to choose from in many different situations. What I was trying to say so that it's not misunderstood is that to find one of my best loved bands in one of my best loved books caught me off gaurd. Maybe I should have explained further *shrug* idk. But in any way shape or form was not trying to offend. Just wanted to bring to attention that Skillet was in her books.

I think I know what you mean,

it did throw me when I first saw she was into Skillet music. But it wasn't a bad throw, just surprising! Haha.

*Created by mcmissa*

Quote Originally Posted by moonshadow6182 View Post
    I think that you have misunderstood me. I love KMM and I also love Skillet. What I was trying to imply was that it threw me off gaurd. I wasn't expecting Skillet to be in her books. I also have a diverse mix on my own mp3 player. From Marlyn Masnson to Katy Perry to Boosie and Celtic melodies to all ranges of christian. Be it praise and worship or hard rock. My Playlist is such that it takes up half my harddrive. The reason I had brought it up was that I haven't run into any of Skillet's material being used before. It was very interesting to me. Again as I said before the lyrics fit! As to Skillet being a christian band they are. Though they don't do praise and worship the lyrics are still touching and still God related in away. I love all typs of music and find it comforting to have a diverse list to choose from in many different situations. What I was trying to say so that it's not misunderstood is that to find one of my best loved bands in one of my best loved books caught me off gaurd. Maybe I should have explained further *shrug* idk. But in any way shape or form was not trying to offend. Just wanted to bring to attention that Skillet was in her books.
    Got it -- sorry, I interpreted your initial post in a way that sounded like you were trying to wrap your mind around KMM using lyrics from a Christian band! Which Skillet is indeed. I've come across other bands I like it books -- when Kenyon used my fave Nickelback song in Acheron, I definitely had to stop and play the song while reading!

I was pleasantly surprised to find Skillet in SF. :) I misunderstood your initial post too.