+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FEVER MOON Part 1:previews

Default FEVER MOON Part 1:previews

From Karen:

Working on a graphic novel was one of the most exciting and challenging things I’ve done creatively to date. It was a thrill watching the characters I’ve been writing about for years get brought to life by the gifted pencils and inks of Al Rio and the rest of the crew. Writing is a solitary business. Usually, I dream it alone, write it alone and put it out there for public consumption alone. At the end of the day, I own it, the good, bad and ugly. If there are mistakes, they’re mine. If there are good things about the book, they’re mine. Collaborating is a different animal. You bring your part of the process to the table, then back up and let the next person do their part. I was lucky to get to work with such a talented team.

One of the first decisions I had to make was how I wanted this graphic novel to feel. Did I want a stark, gritty noir atmosphere with sketched impressions of characters? Did I want the kind of Claymation drawings I’ve seen in some comics? Did I want to go the realistic route of Outlander, or the moody route of the Mad Hatter or maybe the classic route of Batman? After reviewing dozens of potential artists, I found the style I was looking for with Al. I wanted comic book larger than life, stunning imagery. I wanted pages you’d want to turn into posters and hang on your walls. I wanted images that would linger in your memory and when you picked up the books again, you’d see that blood red moon hanging low over Dublin. I got all that and more. There are some double page spreads in this graphic novel that are amazing!

Meet graphic novel Mac. I adore her. She’s every bit the pink and black Mac I envisioned while I was writing the series, with a dab of that unmistakable Al Rio eau-d’sex-kitten behind her ears.

Tomorrow, INTO THE DREAMING goes on sale, and it includes a seven page pictorial excerpt of FEVER MOON!

Graphic novel Mac kicking petunia!

Maniac

OMGGGGGGG!!!: Th_nod:

I just noticed that DEG has no reflection in the glass/mirror like Mac does. :) Can't wait for this to come out!!!

Maniac

Good eye! I hadn't noticed that.

excitement! can't wait for it to come out oh and the DEG sure does look dreamy :D

+ Reply to Thread