> > >
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ICED AUDIOBOOK Update

Default ICED AUDIOBOOK Update

From Karen:

Keep meaning to tell you that Phil Gigante is currently perfecting Ryodan's voice (and Lor, Christian & Dancer) because he and Natalie Ross (my narrators for the first five books in the Fever Series) are also narrating Books 6,7 & 8!

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Moth Willowwitch View Post
    Does anyone know anything about iTunes? Will it be available there?
    Itunes will have it as soon as Audible does. They have a partnership for audiobooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Leiha View Post
    I also called audible today but since we had 2 Q&As with Karen and I flew home didn't have a chance to follow through on this. Random House is not the publisher for the audiobooks so they are not the people to be upset with. I have sent out an email tonight and I'm sure I'll have something to report tomorrow.
    Thank you for checking for us!

Maniac

So I have been torturing myself by reading snippits and other threads on here. To the point that I called Audible myself. The CS Rep (don't know how knowlegeable he was) said that it will be released within 1-2 weeks due to a problem with the publisher.

Maniac

I contacted audiobookstand which is retailer for Brilliance Audiobooks ( the publisher of Iced) and asked when they would have it available for download. I was put on hold and the rep that returned told me 1 1/2 to 2 weeks. She said the files were submitted late.

FYI the files on their CDs are MP3' but the format available for download at AudiobookstandDL.com will be WMA. She said Audible uses MP3 format. I don't know if the fact that Audible uses MP3 matters at all, just wanted to note that they are different. The rep guessed that Audible would probably be getting the downloadable version about the same time that they would have it.

So I'm going to hope that Audible will get it sooner, but not going to be any money on it.

What on earth do they have to do to upload an audio file that's already been edited and produced on CDs that could take 2 extra weeks?

I had less luck with the Audible rep than some of you. The rep I talked to read the list of the three available books on Audible that turn up under a search of "Iced." After telling him serveral times that I wasn't looking for the book by Carol Higgins Clark, he said Iced should be available "within the next month." I was polite and friendly despite the fact he was clueless and decided a little white lie was the best way to handle me.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Maniac

It would be nice to know if someone from KMM team is looking into this and when we can expect an answer. I mean if the downloadable version is not going to be released for a few weeks, then I imagine a lot of us would order the cd from amazon. It would be nice to know one way or the other.

Hint, hint

Maniac

The CDs are $16.49 at Amazon and eligible for Prime shipping----yes, I'm thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by starrynight View Post
    It would be nice to know if someone from KMM team is looking into this and when we can expect an answer. I mean if the downloadable version is not going to be released for a few weeks, then I imagine a lot of us would order the cd from amazon. It would be nice to know one way or the other.

Hint, hint
    See my above post.
    siggy courtesy of Pyxie

Here is what I got from Audible today:

Thank you for contacting Audible! I understand you are wondering when we will have "Iced" available. I am happy to help!

We do not yet have the title available in our store due to technical issues caused by Hurricane Sandy. We expect to have the audio version of "Iced" to be available by the end of this week. I apologize for this wait, and thank you for your patience!

I hope you enjoy the book when it comes out! If I can help you with anything else today please do not hesitate to reply. Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by Leiha View Post
    I also called audible today but since we had 2 Q&As with Karen and I flew home didn't have a chance to follow through on this. Random House is not the publisher for the audiobooks so they are not the people to be upset with. I have sent out an email tonight and I'm sure I'll have something to report tomorrow.
    Brilliance Audio is the publisher of the audiobook. I wonder if their headquartered in a region hit by the storms. Is it possible that Sandy is to blame?

Nevermind... according to mellyloo's post above, audible is confirming this. I know audible has headquarters in that region and maybe Brilliance audio does too.