+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: question about mac/dani--not much of a spoiler I don't think...

Maniac

Default question about mac/dani--not much of a spoiler I don't think...

Can someone remind me why Mac hates Dani at the beginning of Iced--or maybe Dani just thinks Mac hates her? I must have read the ending of the last book too quickly b/c for the life of me I can't remember. Thanks!

It's because Dani took Alina to the Unseelie that killed her. Dani thinks Mac wants to kill her but Mac learned that Rowena used her power on Dani to basically make her do it.

Maniac

Yeah, at first Mac was torn...she didnt know what to do about Dani. Dani didnt stick around to find out what Mac would do and hasnt faced her since. Cant blame her, but nChrisman1 is right on.

Another Gandy Perv Love me some Barrons's Avatar

I was wondering that too Mac says on the final page of Shadowfever "Dani was out there in the streets somewhere. Soon I would go looking for her. But not to kill her. We'd fight back to back. Sisters and all. I think Alaina would understand.The good guys and bad guys aren't as easy to tell apart as I used to think they were. You can't look at someone with your eyes and take their measure. You have to look with your heart." So I'm confused at the ending unless she just snuck up on her and wanted her to drop her sword so they could talk. Dani has been avoiding Mac and I'm sure Mac is aware of that. The best way to get her to talk would be to throw her off her guard and get rid of her sword so she can't fight and has to speak.
    " I am, therefore I want to f*** Jericho Barrons "

that is true.. but I couldn't help but think what rotten timing for Dani to lose her juice again! Having that sword in her back will not go well with her. I don't know how the next will start but kind of wish the meeting could have started different. Oh and I hate cliffhangers!
    Play with fire, Dani, you know what you get.... ~Ryodan

Have you ever thought that the losing juice may be a clue to the proximity of Mac being around ?
    Or is all just tied into her hormones...

*Created by mcmissa*

Quote Originally Posted by mcmissa View Post
    Have you ever thought that the losing juice may be a clue to the proximity of Mac being around ?
    That's an interesting thought. On my re-read, I'm trying to see if there's a pattern to her "losing juice" and haven't seen it yet. I'm concerned about Dani's superpowers!

Maniac

I thought Dani losing her juice was to due to her lack of not getting enough sugar and protein in her diet,because it seemed that every time she "ran out of juice" she was running on "empty".

Maniac

Post I was thinking about Dani loosing her juice...

Hi!

So, I kind of have two theories:

1. About Mac sneaking up on Dani with the spear : Dani doesn't know that Mac made up her mind not to kill her on the spot, so she had to do that not to startle Dani and get into a fight instantly (considering that Dani is supposed to be superfast and all), before getting a chance to talk first. And she may also be a bit mad because of the Barrons dying - again - because of Dani thing.

2. I think Dani looses her juice when she becomes too emotional and shocked by someone/something. Think about the situation she was in with Ryodan when it happened (sudden proximity, intensity, revelation, feelings etc).

It happened here once, when Ryodan says he likes sex for breakfast and she remembers about spying on him: :D

But there he is, in graphic detail because I know exactly what he looks like naked, I saw him. I know how his body moves. Hes got a lot of muscle. Scars, too. I know that when he has sex he laughs like the world is a perfect place. And when he did that, my hands curled into fists because I thought about touching his face like maybe I could catch joy in my hands and hold it.
    And with Mac... That was a seriously intense, emotional situation that she didn't see coming.

So, it might be just hormones, but I think it's more than that.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by mcmissa View Post
    I was thinking the same thing!! I found it pretty curious. I'm sure she's 'run on empty' before, but has never not been able to fast-mo before, so SOMETHING is going on!

+ Reply to Thread