> > >

Thread: Fir Bolg info

Ali

Default Fir Bolg info

Hello, on an impulsive urge to clear up a few things.
    On the thread of "Map" in which somebody was curious about why there is a map of the Aran Islands, it is most likely tied in with the bigger question: Who is JB?
    Well...
    Most likely from the FIR BOLG race. They are said to be people of Basque- or 'Pict' heritage. The Fir Bolg were an ancient race who invaded Ireland. They were called the "Men with Spears" (bolg means 'spear' and JB sure knows a lot about the Spear Of Luin-as if more familiar with it than on an academic level-he recognized the wood shaft was not original- more like it had something to do with his curse of immortality but I digress.
    Back to the Fir Bolg, after countless wars they were ejected from their NEW homeland in Ireland (they came from Scotland) and settled (were given concession) in the Aran Islands. So they originally came from Scotland, invaded Ireland, then were expelled to the Aran Islands.
    BUT as far as Mythology goes they were at war with the Tuatha De and they fought so well and bravely that the Tuatha De gave them land in concession. This land is called Connacht ("the descendents of Conn/ or 'Connor' ") and Connacht's urban center is called Galway ( a place that JB has on his Driver's Lic. as his residence).

Another rant is about Christian MacKeltar's parentage. He is Christopher and Maggie MacKeltar's son and he has a twin sister.

-Ali

Wow, all this analyzing gives me a headache, lol. Good ideas Ali. I should also add to the KMM family. Have fun and post often!

Sarah

Priya! ;-) claudia celestial girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Wells View Post
    Hello, on an impulsive urge to clear up a few things.
    On the thread of "Map" in which somebody was curious about why there is a map of the Aran Islands, it is most likely tied in with the bigger question: Who is JB?
    Well...
    Most likely from the FIR BOLG race. They are said to be people of Basque- or 'Pict' heritage. The Fir Bolg were an ancient race who invaded Ireland. They were called the "Men with Spears" (bolg means 'spear' and JB sure knows a lot about the Spear Of Luin-as if more familiar with it than on an academic level-he recognized the wood shaft was not original- more like it had something to do with his curse of immortality but I digress.
    Back to the Fir Bolg, after countless wars they were ejected from their NEW homeland in Ireland (they came from Scotland) and settled (were given concession) in the Aran Islands. So they originally came from Scotland, invaded Ireland, then were expelled to the Aran Islands.
    BUT as far as Mythology goes they were at war with the Tuatha De and they fought so well and bravely that the Tuatha De gave them land in concession. This land is called Connacht ("the descendents of Conn/ or 'Connor' ") and Connacht's urban center is called Galway ( a place that JB has on his Driver's Lic. as his residence).

Another rant is about Christian MacKeltar's parentage. He is Christopher and Maggie MacKeltar's son and he has a twin sister.

-Ali
    The subject of 'Who is JB" has been discussed extensively on this board! I'm not even going to try and quote all the threads. But I am confident that the general concensus does not include JB being one of the Fir Bolg, in spite of all the intriquing clues that you talked about, and in spite of my 'hint' in the question about the Aran Islands. In fact, in this poll:

http://www.karenmoning.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2914

JB as Fir Bolg only received two votes. I am personally, intimately, familiar with where one of those votes came from.

Anyway - Ali - Welcome to the Board! We love all theories here - even the correct ones! ;-)

Actually I'm going out on a limb. I"m not convinced that it is an obvious and clear-cut solution to who JB is, to say that he is Most likely from the FIR BOLG race. I really believe that we have to have more information in the story before the truth about JB will be revealed. AS I wrote to Jo - I'm super anal when it comes to data analysis, and I don't think all the data is in. My question about the map & the Aran Islands is about just one more data point. I'm sure the truth is going to blow our minds, and I'm convinced it will also include something about a curse that includes undeath, and shape-shifting.
    Last edited by claudia celestial girl; 12-31-2007 at 11:45 AM.

Proud member of Lore Ladies, Lallybroch Lassies, BDB Maidens, and The Zone

Hi, Karen!
    I was surching an article "Fir-Bolg" in the web, and I find Your site.
    This toppic is from great interest for me, as I find a lot of ancient and medieval sourses, which claim about my people (Bulgarians) very strange things, not related to the "official version" of some late "Huno-Bulgarian"migration in Europe, and which are supported by the last results in archaelogy, genetics, linguistic, ethnography and etc. This sourses connect Bulgarians to the ancient Cimmerians, as they do with the most of Celtic tribes, by the way. I spend about 20 years of my life, researching this matter, and I find that most probably this is truth. But I would like to hear some oppinion from the Irish side too. Yes, I know the scolars think that "Fir-Bolgs"are just a mith, as they think my people came in Europe just in IV century, but I think they are wrong.
    So, there are some "Fir Bolg - Bulg-ar conections" :

Fir Bolg and other Celts.....Bulg-arians (Bulgarian spelling: "BAlg-ar-i" ) :

(personal names)
    1. Gosten..................Gostun (Bulgarian king)
    2. Beoan...................Boyan (Bulgarian king)
    3. Umor....................Umor (Bulgarian king)
    4. Ugain-Mor.............Ugain (Bulgarian dinasty)
    5. Crom (god)...........Krum (Bulgarian king, ussually wriitten as "Kroum" )
    6. Murtagh................Omortag / Mortagon (Bulgarian king)
    7. Boriso-kane...........Boris kanas (Bulgarian king)
    8. Gobran.................Kubrat (Bulg. king) / Pers. variant - Gobrues; Kuber (Bulg. king) / Ind. variant - Kubera (god)
    9. Bolg, Belach..........Bolg, Balgar, Bulgar (legendary Bulgarian kings)
    10. Mac Tocheir........Togarma (the fader of B'lgar, according to "Khazarian Letters")
    11. Temar................Tamiris (Queen of Massagetae, some sources claim she was a Bulgarian queen)
    12. Ban....................Ban (Bulgarian title for a local ruller, same as Persian "ban / pan" ), Banko (personal name)
    13. Bennan...............Vanand (Bulgarian chiefman in Armenia, also Kushan "vanando"- "victorious")
    14. Etan...................Aeton (Bulgarian local ruller), Audan (the real name of Atilla), Etanna (Sumerian King)
    15. Eber...................Abar (a brother of B'lgar, according to "Khazarian Letters" )
    16. Dul.....................Dulo (Bulgarian dinasty)
    17. German..............German (Bulgarian and Thracian personal name)
    18. Keran.................Keran (alternative name of Bulgarian king Krum, ussually wriitten as "Kroum")
    19. Etar...................Etar (Bulgarian hidronim from Thracian origin)
    20. Dela..................Delyo (masculine personal name) / Dela (feminine personal name)
    21. Komar.................Gomer (the father of B'lgar, ac. to "Khazarian Letters" ), patronim of Cimmerians; Gamer, Kamir
    22. Gan / Gennan......Gani, Ganyo (masculine personal names) / Gana (feminine personal name)
    23. Horsa.................Hursa (Volga-Bulgarian's god), Hraz, Hriz (Bulgarian local ruller)
    24. Ding...................Dinko, Dina (Bulgarian masculine and feminine personal names from Scythian origin)
    25. Adar...................Atar (Scytho-Persian god of fire)
    26. Lug.....................Luko (Bulgarian personal name)
    27. Anand.................Ando (ancient Bulgarian personal name), Anand (Indian personal name)
    28. Donan.................Donyo (Bulgarian personal name), Dan-, Don- (Scythian hidronimes)
    29. Elemar................Elemag (ancient Bulgarian personal name)
    30. Bethach..............Ishach (ancient Bulgarian general)
    31. Midir...................Madir (Bactrian toponim with horseman relief), Madara (Bulgarian relief with a horseman)
    32. Un......................."unni-unogonduroi" (Latin: "qui et Bulgari appelatur" )

(comming from)
    Scythia.....................Scythia

(temporary or permanent settled in)
    Thracia.....................Thracia

(temporari unslaved by the Greeks)
    Fir-Bolg....................Balg-ar-ians

(connections with ancient Mesopotamia)
    took part in the building of Babilonian tower......."assurian kings"; "Kaiser von Bulgaria und Rex Chaldeorum", magy

(pointed in the Roman / Bizantine chronicles as)
    Bulgarum / Belgae..........Bulgares, Vulgares, Voulgaroi

(migrating and live together with the)
    kadurki, kadurigi.......kotragi / kutriguri (according to Propeus from Cesaria "who in old times was told "cimmerians")

(first time arrived in Europe)
    XIII c. B. Chr................XIII c. B. Chr.

(for first time in their last land)
    VI c. B. Chr.................XII c. B. Chr.

(king's title)
    ceanas (hat, pic, great)..........kanas-u-bigi (Greek: "ek theon arhon" - "ruller from the god/s")

That's why I am here. And I have many questions.
    Last edited by Gomer; 01-10-2012 at 11:52 AM.