> > >
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shades...what are they?

Default Shades...what are they?

Ok, I was wondering if anyone had any thought on the Shades, they seem to be a major player in the story, they're mentioned often, they terrorize Mac, they bring complete darkness and death anywhere they go.

Mac feels more from them than just formless, mindless beings. She has mentioned that they seem to get angry, feel loathing, and mimic some of her actions, when she mentions it to Barrons his response is "they're stupid." But could they be something like SK's shades? Tortured souls? Druids or scorerers that used to serve either the Seelie orr Unseelie and were punished. Could some of them be the Draghar and QA destroyed? Or people killed that 'willing' gave their souls to death-by-sex fae from the wild hunts. So what do you guys think!!??

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    I never gave them much thought until now. I guess I think they are some form of dead thing which has not quite died yet.... something which cannot rest in peace..... and is controlled by...what?

I think JZB has some great qualities - but we don't hear much about them, or at least they are not as obvious as they should be, as we would like them to be given that (I think) we are assuming he is the "hero" in all this (or one of many, by the end). He is the guy you would want standing up with you in a tough place -he came to Mac's rescue at the end of Darkfever. He finds her in Bloodfever. He 'fires' Fiona for putting Mac at risk... He protects her in lots of ways. You could say he is protecting her as his OOPs detector, yes. But I think he cares for her. The reason he doesn't show it is because he knows that will likely get her killed. He is the (not-so) typical tall, silent, handsome hero with a murky past and shed loads of money. Kind of like Mr Darcy but much MUCH more interesting !
    ...I think JZB is learning how to get back all those qualities that he thought he no longer possessed through his experiences with Mac...She gives him back his HUMANITY, makes him feel human emotions again with every experience they encounter through their day to day survival.

Quote Originally Posted by *Jo* View Post
    ...I think JZB is learning how to get back all those qualities that he thought he no longer possessed through his experiences with Mac...She gives him back his HUMANITY, makes him feel human emotions again with every experience they encounter through their day to day survival.
    I'm 100% with you on this observation! And, I know we all can't wait to see how this all unfolds!

Quote Originally Posted by *Jo* View Post
    I agree 100%!!!