+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite scenes and quotes from Beyond!

Priya! ;-) claudia celestial girl's Avatar

Default Favorite scenes and quotes from Beyond!

Here's one. Hawk can't understand where Adrienne gets here ideas about his character & wonders if Grimm has anything to do with that. But Adrienne assures him that rumors of his behavior are everywhere:

"... Went on and on about how you, and three casks of wine, and three women spent the week before our wedding trying to ... you know," Adrienne muttered an unintelligle word, "your brains out."

"To what my brains out?"

"You know." Adrienne rolled her eyes.

"I'm afraid I don't. What was that word again?"

Adrienne looked at him sharply. Was he teasing her? Were his eyes alight with mischief? That half-smile curving his beautiful mouth could absolutely melt the sheet she was clutching, not to mention her will. "Apparently one of them succeeded because if you had any brains left, you'd be out of my sight now," she snapped.

"It wasn't three," Hawk swallowed a laugh.

"No?"

"It was five."

Adrienne's jaw clenched. She held up her fingers again. "Fourth, -- this will be a marriage in name only. Period."

"Casks of wine, I mean."

"You are not funny."

Proud member of Lore Ladies, Lallybroch Lassies, BDB Maidens, and The Zone

I love Alex O'Loughlin Chakacool's Avatar

I always like the scene when he and Adrienne are having sex for the first time and he realizes she's a virgin... after his shock wears off...in like 2 seconds mind you, he's goes right into Alpha Male-Mine only mode.
    A Viking Princess Creation!
    Check out my hand knits at www.honestlysplendid.com.
    Check out my Shaklee Business at www.shaklee.net/kdunn

I like when the King and Adam are snapping Adrienne back and forth during the act. "some things must not be interrupted."
    A Viking Princess Original
    Maniac #6

Default See - Adam isn't so bad! OK - at the end of the book he got meaner

Hawk: "You mock me."
    Adam: "I mock everything. Don't take it so personally. Although in your particular case, it is meant rather personally. ..."

And from another part of the book:

Adam laughed wickedly. "I won't do a thing the lady doesn't want me to do."
    H: "You won't do a thing I don't want you to do."
    A: " I heard the lady doesn't want you."
    H: "She will."
    A: "And if she doesn't?"
    H: "All the lasses want me."
    A: "Funny, I have just the same problem."
    H: "You're uncanny rude for a smithy. Who was your laird before?"
    A: "I have known no man worthy to call master."
    H: "Funny, smithy, I have just the same problem."

I love the idea of these two gorgeous men in each other's face.

I love this book but it seems to get lost in Adam & the D & D twins story. Hawk seems like a h*ll of a man. Plus he works with wood and I really can appreciate that talent and beauty that can come from wood working. Pus we are introduced to-be still my heart-Grimm. He is one of my favs!

Quote Originally Posted by jeant View Post
    I love this book but it seems to get lost in Adam & the D & D twins story. Hawk seems like a h*ll of a man. Plus he works with wood and I really can appreciate that talent and beauty that can come from wood working. Pus we are introduced to-be still my heart-Grimm. He is one of my favs!

I agree I think people forget what a fantastic character Hawk is. I like to Remember he was the first, the original! He is the one who started my obsession with reading KMM's works!

Quote Originally Posted by jeant View Post
    Yes, I have to agree with you and Cheryle on this. Hawk is a keeper!!! I love how he figured out how to bring Adrienne back to the past (by issuing a command to Adam); I love how he finally figured out he was going to 'tame' Adrienne - by making her 'see' him without seeing his physical face and form; and I love how he was invested in children and family. OK maybe that's just because it's a woman's fantasy, but there it is. ;-)

Freckles McPixie Michelle*My*Belle's Avatar

Default Quite possibly...

the FIRST time I laughed out loud ever was for this...

Adam- "Methinks the lady doth not see how sweetly curel beckons such beauty."
    Adrienne-" Spare me", she said tiredly.
    Hawk-"Fair the dawn of yon lass's blush, rich and ripe and deeply lush." Her husband was not about to be outdone.
    Adrienne stamped a foot and glared at them both. Where was her Shakespeare when she needed it? "For I have sworn thee fair and thought thee bright/, who art black as hell, and dark as night," she muttered. The smithy threw his head back and roared with laughter. Her husband's lips curved in an appreciative smile at her wit.

JUST LOVE THAT PART!!

Thumbs up OMG Michelle....

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle*My*Belle View Post
    the FIRST time I laughed out loud ever was for this...

Adam- "Methinks the lady doth not see how sweetly curel beckons such beauty."
    Adrienne-" Spare me", she said tiredly.
    Hawk-"Fair the dawn of yon lass's blush, rich and ripe and deeply lush." Her husband was not about to be outdone.
    Adrienne stamped a foot and glared at them both. Where was her Shakespeare when she needed it? "For I have sworn thee fair and thought thee bright/, who art black as hell, and dark as night," she muttered. The smithy threw his head back and roared with laughter. Her husband's lips curved in an appreciative smile at her wit.

JUST LOVE THAT PART!!

....I LOVE that part too!
    I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of Library. - Jorge Luis Borges

Default was Hawk

Was Hawk a Druid or just an exceptional man; a Highlander at that!!! Brain blip, guess I'll have to read it one more time. Is he the only main character that isn't majic in some way?

+ Reply to Thread