+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shadow beings...not just made up?

Default Shadow beings...not just made up?

I found this on another forum while going through the paranormal section.

From wiki:

Shadow people (also known as shadow men, shadow folk, or shadow beings) are said to be shadow like creatures of supernatural origin that appear as dark forms in the peripheries of people's vision and disintegrate, or move between walls, when noticed.[1]

Reports of shadow people are similar to ghost sightings, but differ in that shadow people are not reported as having human features, wearing modern/period clothing, or attempting to communicate. Witnesses also do not report the same feelings of being in the presence of something that 'was once human'. Some individuals have described being menaced, chased, or attacked by shadow people. There have also been reports of shadow people appearing in front of witnesses, of which they stay there or lingering for several seconds before disappearing. Witnesses report that encounters are typically accompanied by a feeling of dread.[1][2]
    Here's the rest of it Shadow people/beings.

Here's the link to the thread I originally found out about it, as well as what people have said in terms of personal experiences. Shadow people thread.

It's interesting because it really makes you wonder how much of mythology is real and how much of what you're reading from a fictional story is based off of research and pure imagination. Did KMM add the shades in based off of something she learned or read about? or was it pulled from her imagination? If it's pulled purely from her imagination, it makes me wonder if maybe back in her subconcious or ours as human beings we once knew stuff like this really existed. Once upon a time, back in another life...

I don't know...just a thought. :)

That's a pretty cool series of links Anny. It's sortof fun to think of all that - it makes Mac's world seem that much more real.
    This is much more fun than schoolwork.
    viva la SSMKA!

Cool

Most of what Karen is writing about can be cross referenced in a number of folklore tales of these civilizations : Celtic/Baltic/Latvian .

Beserkers are of Baltic/Latvian/Basque culture & these warriors are cluster with two other Immortal warriors of strength, shape-sifters & vilkacis= wolflike, were not evil, retains human conscience & cursed/damned by magic...

Mostly all of Ireland's inhabitants, at the beginning of civilization are recorded & can be noted in actual history.
    The founding races/humans to inhabit Ireland from its beginning :
    1. Formorians
    2. Tuathe De
    3. Fir Bolg
    4. Nemedians
    5. Milesians

1 & 2 were the only groups of fae & the Formorians settled in Ireland 1 or 2 centuries before the Tuatha
    3, 4, 5 were the only groups of humans on Ireland
    2, 3, 4, 5 all spoke 1 language, that being Tuatha De
    1 was the only group to speak their own distinctive language.
    Tuathe De settled above on an Island while Formorians settled underground aka OTHERWORLD.
    This and much, much more is actually documented Celtic folklore with actual historical figures in them. Gods that actually lived, fought, had children & died.
    So who's to say that a SHADE cannot exist ?!!! Surely, YOU won't hear that from THESE lips...

Deus nobiscum quis contra Conoga's Avatar

interesting stuff. the paranormal has always held my interest. not to sound like a weirdo but i used to "see" stuff when i was really really young - around two or three - some strange man was in a tree once, and when i was at my mom's friends house i could see small "people" through the crack in a door. it was always at that particular house and no where else though.

maybe i was just a kid with a wild imagination but i could still describe those things to this day lol

the shades sorta freaked me out a bit, but at the same time i liked the idea of the "guard dog" status. funniest thing is we used to have a street light that lit up the property but had it taken down last summer because it was an extra $8 to keep it on every month. now i kinda wish we had kept it! but then again we have the new bonus of actually seeing the stars at night.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCoyote View Post
    maybe i was just a kid with a wild imagination but i could still describe those things to this day lol
    I think "imagination" is a highly misused word myself.

Deus nobiscum quis contra Conoga's Avatar

thats what my mom called it anyway lol

Quote Originally Posted by *Jo* View Post
    Most of what Karen is writing about can be cross referenced in a number of folklore tales of these civilizations : Celtic/Baltic/Latvian .

Beserkers are of Baltic/Latvian/Basque culture & these warriors are cluster with two other Immortal warriors of strength, shape-sifters & vilkacis= wolflike, were not evil, retains human conscience & cursed/damned by magic...

Mostly all of Ireland's inhabitants, at the beginning of civilization are recorded & can be noted in actual history.
    The founding races/humans to inhabit Ireland from its beginning :
    1. Formorians
    2. Tuathe De
    3. Fir Bolg
    4. Nemedians
    5. Milesians

1 & 2 were the only groups of fae & the Formorians settled in Ireland 1 or 2 centuries before the Tuatha
    3, 4, 5 were the only groups of humans on Ireland
    2, 3, 4, 5 all spoke 1 language, that being Tuatha De
    1 was the only group to speak their own distinctive language.
    Tuathe De settled above on an Island while Formorians settled underground aka OTHERWORLD.
    This and much, much more is actually documented Celtic folklore with actual historical figures in them. Gods that actually lived, fought, had children & died.
    So who's to say that a SHADE cannot exist ?!!! Surely, YOU won't hear that from THESE lips...
    :) I knew all of the above that's why I got so hooked on Karen's books.
    But the shade thing never crossed my mind because I never heard of it outside of her books until I came across it on another forum.

Hey, I wonder if we can have a paranormal section. I'd love to hear other people's stories.
    Last edited by Liberty; 01-27-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty View Post
    Hey, I wonder if we can have a paranormal section. I'd love to hear other people's stories.
    Be careful what you wish for. :p My websites are filled with paranormal experiences: past life dreams, dream visitations, spirits, evp's, etc. And believe it or not, that's not including my family's stories! Of course, this stuff doesn't happen on a daily basis. It's just spread over time, and most of the time the understanding of these things sort of just... click... a while after they've happened. I'm slowly learning to stop analyzing things into the ground so much and to just accept them for what they are. Also to accept that some mysteries aren't meant to be solved. I think some are even too huge for us to wrap our little minds around.

If you - or anyone here - ever want to talk paranormal, feel free to PM me. I love it, and I've become very open-minded to all this stuff. (In my family you sort of have no choice). I'm also very grounded with it. I always look for the "logical" explanation first. Can't help myself.

woah, crazy to think about! i didn't know that 'shadow people' were an actual term. crazy! but it does make you think, thats for sure

A Viking Princess Original

i used to work for a woman as her nanny and at her front door you could see someone walking across the doorway out of the corner of your eye. i was not the only one who could see it. it was a tall shadow of a man with a headress like a pharoh or something similar. i happened to glance up once just as it was passing. it used to freak me out.
    Character Inspired Soaps and Candles
    www.lafaepetite.com

+ Reply to Thread