+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Job Interview!

I love Alex O'Loughlin Chakacool's Avatar

Default New Job Interview!

I have a job interview on Monday! I am so excited. I absolutely hate my current job, if you haven't noticed on my profile here. :) I really hope this one works out. I put in for the job at least a month ago. I'm also putting in an application at a spa today too. I really need the change. I have a petty and antagonistic boss that will never promote me or give me a raise. She doesn't like that I'm a younger girl - she's one of the types of women who feels threatened about her appearence when younger people are around. So I want out!

I'm terribly excited and a wee bit nervous about the prospect of the job. I'm looking forward to moving on with my life.

Wish me luck!
    A Viking Princess Creation!
    Check out my hand knits at www.honestlysplendid.com.
    Check out my Shaklee Business at www.shaklee.net/kdunn

Wishing you LOTS of good luck on Monday!! I know what it's like to work at a job that you hate, and I have only one thing to say - Life is too short to work at a job you hate, so get out there and find one that you'll love. I know it sometimes takes a long time to figure out what you want to be when you grow up, but you will eventually. I've worked a lot of different jobs in my life, and it helps if you like what you do, like the people you work with and don't mind getting up and getting out every day.

You go girl!! :happy0158:

Siggy by Viking Princess

Proud Member of SSMKA & MMNKBD & BDB Maidens
    Moning Maniac #74

Debbie H

All right, girl! I agree with Lis, life it too short to be in a job or situation you hate. It will only make you sick down the road. I was in one for almost 8 yrs. I loved the people but hated the job.

Good luck with the interview -- and kudos for sticking up for yourself by looking for a new job. Life is too short to put up with unneccessary crap.

Good luck with the interview on Monday. Keep us posted on what happens

Original by Viking Princess
    Once in awhile,
    Right in the middle of an ordinary life,
    Love gives us a fairy tale.
    ~Author Unknown

WELCOME TO MY WORLD OF RESEARCH!

Yes! Wise women you all are. Life is far too short to put up with crap from jobs we hate and people who treat us like crap. (A close to 2-year friendship of mine ended today b/c I, too, believe life is too short to let people walk all over you and make false accusations. on people like that).

So to ya, Chakacool, for starting over with a clean slate. I've been slowly wiping my slate clean as well. I, too, am not very happy with my job and have been working on making my dreams a reality. Even if my own dreams don't come true, at least I've given it a shot and will only allow positive people into my life. :happy0158: to your decision to Move On!

Kristin

What brave souls you are for believing in yourself and facing the changes. I applaud you. Being comfortable in your environment is so important.
    VWolf
    SSMKA Trustee

Yay for you Chakacool. Sometimes I think getting an interview is the hardest part. I don't think I've ever not gotten a job offer once I was interviewed. Luckily, I haven't had to interview too much in my life but I my words of wisdom is confidence in yourself. They won't have confidence in you if you don't. If you don't know something, stress your flexibility and willingness to learn and also they love team players.

Good for you for leaving a job that you don't enjoy and I wish you the best of luck!:happy0158:

Kristin, good for you too! I have done the same thing in the past. I don't believe in toxic relationships. Luckily I have a wonderful group of friends now. I just don't need the drama and angst that comes from a friendship that is not good for you. Good luck on your job hunt!
    siggy courtesy of Pyxie

Small X on the AL. map... Southern Girl 24/7

Good Luck with the interview !! I hope everything works out for you ... Sometimes we just have to move on... & not look back........ Change can be really good for us & from what you say ... the time is right, So... Just Go For It !!
    Bella... Enjoying The Read............. **Maniac # 72**

Siggy.. Kristin...
    Siggy.. MeShelle...

Default Good Luck

I cant say any thing more than what the other lasses have said beleive in yourself put your best foot forward (my mother always says that) go out there and get what you want..
    Life is too short to put up with Crap from someone who is SMALL minded that belittling someone to make themselves feel big.Good luck with the job interview.
    YOU my freind
    :2:IT AIN"T WHAT IT"S CRACKED UP TO BE:2:DOWN WITH PANT! UP WITH KILTS!
    Where you find friends, there you find richesCheck your (.)(.) Its never to soon
    Born a member of the SSMKA and GBOCL & MMNKBD
    Maniac#16
    "Someday"

+ Reply to Thread