+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This is sooo frustrating!

Default This is sooo frustrating!

Feel free to delete this whenever, Leiha. I just really NEED to vent. I'll spontaneously combust if I don't vent.

I bought a new computer monitor today (as in one not from the stone age) and after it was hooked up I realized that all my wallpapers and siggies (especially my KMM Highlander Wallpapers) look HORRIFIC. I mean soooo horrific that it's embarrassing. I had to redo them once before when we bought a new monitor for the gameroom, but looks like that "high end" monitor is cr@p after all b/c my wallpapers that looked great on that computer SUCK on this one. I worked so hard on those, and now I have to start all over... only to start over a fourth time someday I am sure. I'm surprised smoke isn't curling out of my ears right now b/c I am so frustrated by this. It's just so embarrassing to think that all this time people have been looking at what I'm looking at now. When I created them, I did NOT see all those flaws.

Kristin

Debbie H

Awww, {{{HUGS}}} sweetie! I must have missed the wallpapers, so I can't say one way or the other. It's good to vent to your sisters, we understand how you feel, believe me. As far as your siggies, they look great on my monitor (it's 3 mo old), in fact, I eagerly look to see if you have changed any of them from time to time.

Oh no and I have seen some of your lovely wall papers, that is awful. I am so sorry!
    A Viking Princess Original
    Maniac #6

I can understand your frustration. I didn't think your wallpapers looked bad before, but guess my monitors aren't that great either! Hang in there!

Siggy by Viking Princess

Proud Member of SSMKA & MMNKBD & BDB Maidens
    Moning Maniac #74

Awww... *hugs* I don't know what the wallpapers look like but I'm sure they couldn't have been bad. It's probably just the monitor distorting it, have you tried adjusting the monitor? I noticed that when I try to watch movies on my computer I have to adjust the monitor sometimes.

Ok, group hug for Kristen..... {{{HUG}} I hope your feeling better.

Original by Viking Princess
    Once in awhile,
    Right in the middle of an ordinary life,
    Love gives us a fairy tale.
    ~Author Unknown

WELCOME TO MY WORLD OF RESEARCH!

Default Upgrade

How old is the computer? You may need to replace the graphics card inside the computer. An updated graphics card may be better able to handle the newer high end monitors.

On our new computer with the new monitor, they look normal. But on my old computer with the new monitor, they look hideous. I mean really, really hideous. My brother the computer geek told me today that there's really no way around it. They're always going to look different on different computer monitors b/c people's monitors are calibrated differently. All I know is I will NEVER AGAIN look at my MySpace Page (especially the KMM HL Wallpapers) on my old computer. They look normal on my new computer, but not on the old with the new monitor.

Oh well. I just have to accept it. It's difficult though, b/c I'm such a perfectionist. :(

Kristin

Your brothers right, Kristin and I am sure that is frustrating in itself. I hate when my brother is right. grin

All you can do is keep on making those beautiful graphics and know that we appreciate them no matter what they look like! I LOVE creative people. Hugs!
    VWolf
    SSMKA Trustee

Lots of HUGS to you Kristin
    Moning Maniac#132

+ Reply to Thread