+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hit & run Mailbox...

Arrow Hit & run Mailbox...

At 4:08 am this morning I woke up to the sounds of a speeding vehicle driving up our dead-end street passing the front of our house when I heard a crash, snap,falling non-metal objects, gunning muffled engine then gone...
    Looked out the window, woke DH and our mailbox, pressure treated mailbox stand, flowers and clumps of sod were placed on our recently traveled front yard.
    At 10:00 DH went outside to patch the sod and move the mailbox, broken mailbox stand and rearranged the run down flower bed. While he was picking up the wide opened mailbox, which somehow did not break, I saw him reach in and remove a mustard colored envelope...
    What was inside ?! The Bloodfever teaser inside an envelope, undamaged .
    NOW THAT'S WHAT I call 'special delivery'...
    Needless to say, we have to buy a new mailbox today...

LEIHA, I Have the Bloodfever teaser. THANK you ! I THINK...

Smile

Jo, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope they find the person that damaged your yard and make him/her pay.

My grandparents lived out in the country and their mailbox was constantly visited by a baseball bat and teenagers. After repeated replacements they decided to set the box in brick and it did help.

Hopefully this will be a one time incident.
    Good luck.

Oh, I had a crazy, crazy week so I hope I can still get a booklet from Leiha. She said she had plenty so I should be reading my own copy soon!

I'm sorry to hear about the damage. .some people are just so immature!! :( What a hassle!! But lucky girl to get you BF booklet!!! ANd untouched at that :)
    Happy Holidays!!

Debbie H

Jo, how rude of them! Sorry to hear about all the damage and the repairs you have to make because of the idiot. One bright spot, the Bloodfever teaser unharmed. Enjoy it! It will give you food for thought!

Jo that is awful and really illegal, did you report the creeps to the police?
    A Viking Princess Original
    Maniac #6

Jo, sorry to hear about the mailbox and flower bed/sod, etc. Obviously it was someone who wasn't familiar with your street!! Doubt they'll find who did it, but at least the mailbox held together so you could get your BF booklet. Truly a miracle!!!
    I got mine yesterday too. Did you stay up and read it right away??!!

Siggy by Viking Princess

Proud Member of SSMKA & MMNKBD & BDB Maidens
    Moning Maniac #74

Talking Thank you for the concern...Ladies

Now that I think on it, IT's really funny...I would have been really p*ssed if the booklet was run over too ! Anyway, the flower bed was encased by 4teirs high railroad beams with many deep gouges of something that hit and droplets of oil...Justice is a double edged sword...Whoever hit has some major damage . Mailboxes are cheap...and my kids weren't out when it happened...
    As for telling the police, our neighbor is one & visited this morning to let us know...He didn't see much by the time he ran out except clouds of dust and a white hood of a truck...
    AND best of all I have a teaser , not damaged at all !

Quote Originally Posted by LisK View Post
    Jo, sorry to hear about the mailbox and flower bed/sod, etc. Obviously it was someone who wasn't familiar with your street!! Doubt they'll find who did it, but at least the mailbox held together so you could get your BF booklet. Truly a miracle!!!
    I got mine yesterday too. Did you stay up and read it right away??!!
    My DH gave it to me about 10;00 am this morning...I'll start reading tonight...When the lights are low...EVIL LAUGH !

Well that would tick me off, too. Thank goodness no one was outside when that happened.

And for the booklet to be untouched after something like that, there must be Druid Magic in there somewhere.

Kristin

Quote Originally Posted by Beware_of_Italics View Post
    Well that would tick me off, too. Thank goodness no one was outside when that happened.

And for the booklet to be untouched after something like that, there must be Druid Magic in there somewhere.

Kristin
    I will NOT question THAT statement in the least...FAE POWER !!!

+ Reply to Thread