+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why didn't Barrons fight the Lord Master?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyxie View Post
    Well LM is human now, so 'Voice' could have affected him to some degree. However, I kind of got the impression that Darroc might be choosing his battles - maybe this wasn't the time or place for him to have a confrontation with Barrons. That will probably come later, Darroc seems a bit narrow minded to me, so maybe he just feels like he's got other things to handle...getting all his ducks in row, so to speak. I don't think (and I could be wrong) that Barrons and Darroc are in league with eachother.

And as far as Barrons not getting the Amulet back, maybe his response was an emotional one? He'd just found her half dead, and his first reaction was to protect her from LM. I cannot wait for that book!
    This one is a mystery to me because I am baffled that JB let the amulet walk out the door. Though I can reason that he decided it was a battle either for the amulet or for Mac - and he chose Mac of course. More than that, it seems to me that Darroc and JB know each other well and have history. Is there any chance that JB is also "Fae, but not fae" ?

Default 'Statle mate

Quote Originally Posted by Mackalena View Post
    This one is a mystery to me because I am baffled that JB let the amulet walk out the door. Though I can reason that he decided it was a battle either for the amulet or for Mac - and he chose Mac of course. More than that, it seems to me that Darroc and JB know each other well and have history. Is there any chance that JB is also "Fae, but not fae" ?
    Yeah, I keep going round and round with this one too. I wonder if maybe the reason there was no confrontation was because it would have been too messy and drawn out.

Darroc and Jericho could both control Mac with 'Voice'.

Mac was pumped up on Unseelie and able to do some serious damage.
    Darroc would be trying to control Mac while at the same time Jericho would be put in the position of commanding her to destroy Darroc and the other unseelie. It would become a huge power struggle over Mac, while one it trying to keep the amulet and the other is trying to take it. I don't know if any of you play chess, but it looks a lot like a stale mate to me. For some reason I think there was just a mental, mutual agreement that it wasn't the time or place. I think it's coming soon though!

It is also possible that Barrons and Darroc have some kind of history, someone mentioned in another thread that maybe Barrons hates the fae because he was around when the Wild Hunts were going on and that maybe he lost family or loved one to Fae Princes during the hunts. (and V'lane, Darroc and Adam have all been mentioned participating in the wild hunts) This is one of hundreds of possibilities! :D
    Last edited by Pyxie; 02-16-2008 at 01:51 PM.

Mega Maniac

so many questions unanswered dang publishers making us wait

Snow Angel

+ Reply to Thread