+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Becoming Jane

Priya! ;-) claudia celestial girl's Avatar

Default Becoming Jane

I don't know how many Jane Austen fans there are among you Maniacs, but I am a big-time Jane Austen fan, and there is this new movie out that is a sort-of biography, because some of it is fictionalized. There isn't that much information about her love life. So I was prepared to totally hate the new movie. I also was totally prepared to hate Anne Hathaway in the role. (The Princess Diaries - oh puhleeze!).

But I thought the movie was awesome. I highly recommend it. It was much better than the reviews said it would be. It was a serious, not a campy look at Jane Austen's life and it made me appreciate her even more!

Like it said at the end of the movie - this is a woman who has written six of the best novels in the English language.

Proud member of Lore Ladies, Lallybroch Lassies, BDB Maidens, and The Zone

Default Thanks for the info!

I love Jane Austen and was debating on going to see the movie, but now I think I will! Pride and Prejudice is my ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOK! Thanks for the review Claudia! :happy0158:

I saw the trailers for it I'm dying to see it.
    I love Anne Hathaway, I think she's a great actress. I did like Princess Diaries 1 & 2 but it was geared more towards young girls and teenagers.
    She's done some other great roles too.

I'm a huge Austen fan, I have pretty much every book.
    Plus, I love period movies in general. :)

I saw the trailer for that and totally thought of you. Love Jane Austen!
    A Viking Princess Original
    Maniac #6

Love JA too - just finished Persuasion, I think my fave is Sense & Sensibility (so many characters to love & hate in there!). But of course, I enjoy them all.
    I plan to either go see this with my sister, or wait for the DVD.
    Melonie Johnson
    Think. Write. Be.

Will have to see it for sure now. The guy who plays her lover is Scottish too (I cannot remember his name).

Siggy by Viking Princess

Proud Member of SSMKA & MMNKBD & BDB Maidens
    Moning Maniac #74

Oh! Thanks for the review Claudia. I saw the previews but didn't even know it was out yet! Plus I saw a couple other previews that caught my eye. I too am a period movie freak! There's also one with Michele Pfifer and Robert Dinero. And of course Skin Walkers, not period but beasts! I like those too!:D
    You say you want some soaps, lotions and candles that smell like your favorite man or woman??? www.solocreations.ecrater.com

Quote Originally Posted by ginaj View Post
    Oh! Thanks for the review Claudia. I saw the previews but didn't even know it was out yet! Plus I saw a couple other previews that caught my eye. I too am a period movie freak! There's also one with Michele Pfifer and Robert Dinero. And of course Skin Walkers, not period but beasts! I like those too!:D
    hehe I'm with you on that, I wanna see both Skin Walkers and Stardust. I love fantasy and paranormal-ish movies as much as I love period movies.

Thanks for the recommend Stargazer (that is how I think of you now Claudia, let me know if it is offensive and I will rethink it!). I was debating on the movie, because I love JA's works, but didn't want to see something that made her look frivilous.
    VWolf
    SSMKA Trustee

Priya! ;-) claudia celestial girl's Avatar

Default Stargazer is good!

Stargazer works for me! although Planetgazer would probably be more accurate. ;-)

Yeah - I didn't want to watch a frivolous movie about JA either. When I first heard they were making a movie about JA I was like - puhlease! Don't let it be cheezy.

The guy who plays her lover is Scottish too
    Yeah - he was, like, gorgeous!

Hey - when does Skin Walkers come out??

+ Reply to Thread