+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Candles Requested

Hybrid View

Default Candles Requested

I know some of you girls wanted candles and I'm going to the local candle store during my lunch hour (or two :D) to pick up the supplies. But here's my question to you.
    This is the jar I use for my bath salts. It's a 9 oz jar and I also use this color (amber) bottle for my body oils. I like to keep with the amber bottle theme because it has that old world apothocary look to it which I love. OK, really, here's my question. Some of you girls said you wanted the candles because of allergy reasons and I was going to use this same jar for the candles as some of you stated you wanted it only for the scent. OK, for real, here's my question! Would you want a candle in this jar or are you wanting a clear jar to see the colorless candle? Besides the purple stripe I added to Chloe's soap and some of the fragrances I use, everything is natural and I'd like to keep it that way, which is why I wouldn't color the candles. Make sense or am I just rambling?
    Attached Images
    You say you want some soaps, lotions and candles that smell like your favorite man or woman??? www.solocreations.ecrater.com

Gina, candles come in so many "containers" that I think it really doesn't matter as long as the scent is what you you're looking for. But....is the glass container okay for something that heats up and melts?

Siggy by Viking Princess

Proud Member of SSMKA & MMNKBD & BDB Maidens
    Moning Maniac #74

Yup! They sell them for bath and candle projects! And trust me, I'm going to make these and then test them out mesel' first, lassie! If you see a picture of my burnt house, then it didn't go so well....

No burning down of houses allowed!! My son, the firefighter, is too far away to be of any help to you in CA!!

I think you should stick your theme in your original line. And your basis for doing the amber is a good one.
    VWolf
    SSMKA Trustee

I am only in it for the smell Gina!
    A Viking Princess Original
    Maniac #6

It's fine with me if the candle is colorless (I like that it's natural).
    I really just want it for the scent. :)

Cool! Cause that's what I got! I'm so excited to go home and make them! I told my DH that's I'm starting another 'craft'. He said, 'Oh great!' :)

Jeant, I'm so happy you like to smell yourself! I do it too! But O got from Chloe to Dageus. YUM-MO!

I'll let you know how they turn out!

I love Alex O'Loughlin Chakacool's Avatar

The amber glasses are also used because if you're using essential oils and natural products in your creations, it keeps the sun from damaging and breaking down the good stuff. That's why apothecaries always used the cobalt or amber bottles. It protected the contents from the sun and keeping them longer. :)
    A Viking Princess Creation!
    Check out my hand knits at www.honestlysplendid.com.
    Check out my Shaklee Business at www.shaklee.net/kdunn

I swear I learn something new every day.

+ Reply to Thread