+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: What are your pet peeves

Quote Originally Posted by KJTVH View Post

Also tailgaters and people that talk on their cell phones while driving (that is supposed to be illegal in Calif, when are the cops going to start enforcing this?!).
    Tailgaters I don't mind too much as long as they are behind me. Since I drive a real steel "Land Yacht" as my friends call my car it makes them think twice about running into it. As for when will the cops start enforcing NO talking on cell phones while driving? Probably when they too get off of theirs. Cops are some of the worst drivers you may encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by KJTVH View Post
    Times like this I really wish I had a dash-mounted laser cannon.
    So glad I'm not the only one who's had that fantasy. Everytime someone pi$$es me off when I'm driving I just imagine having Storm's powers from X-Men and being able to call down lightening and zap that car off the road. Hmmmmm......come to think of it that's probably the number 1 reason that I don't have that power to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by AlysL View Post
    People who say "I called you and you didn't answer."

I do not live just to answer a phone. I have a life. I work. I don't want to talk to you! When I am through with what I am doing I will call you back!

Also use of the words
    "fixin"- Like, "I'm fixin to get me some ice tea." I am southern, but that is not a word!
    "irregardless.....that's a double negative...it's just regardless

Okay, I'm done venting
    Irregardless burns me up too, along with "I could care less" /headdesk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Nd-kp13A0 Love this guy. He covers quite a few of those grammatical errors.

- When someone sweeps the floor with the broom, but just leaves the pile of dirt there, NOT USING THE DUST PAN that's just inches away.

- Also just being messy in the kitchen. Leaving wrappers and dirty dishes on the counter when - once again - the trash can and empty dishwasher are just inches away.

- The same goes for leaving a small piles of clothes on the floor, JUST OUTSIDE the laundry room because you don't want to step over the pet gate.

It drives me bonkers, but of course I can't ever say anything or a fight wil ensue.

Those stupid shoes with the skates built in. Heelys? Heelies? Whatever they are. Do you KNOW how many times I've been all but ran over by obnoxious kids flying through supermarkets on those blasted things? OMG, it should so be legal to just smack the crap out of any child who runs into you if they are wearing these things...AND you should be able to rip the wheels out of the shoes and burn them!

I'm really not a violent person, I just think these are the most ignorant things ever invented. I've seen people get coffees smashed into themselves, groceries spilled, etc, due to kids in these "shoes". I've seen stores put up signs banning them, but kids wear them anyway, and the parents don't seem to stop them....

OH - and about the cell phone driving thing - we have that law here in Washington too, so I asked my neighbor who happens to be a cop about it. He says that here it's a secondary offense - meaning you can't be stopped for talking on your phone alone - but if you are stopped for speeding or something else AND you are talking on your phone, you get the bonus ticket. Maybe that is the case for some of the rest of your states too?

Got a new one:

When you loan a book to someone and when it's returned just 2 or 3 days later, it looks like it's been circulating a used bookstore for twenty years.

That's what my Bloodfever book looks like right now. Of course, this means my Faefever book that I bought just a few weeks ago will look like the dog's breakfast when I get it back tomorrow.

THIS IS WHY I DON'T LIKE LOANING BOOKS!! There's no respect for my books, even if it is a close family member that's doing the borrowing (destroying).

From now on, I'm pretending I can't find said book.

+ Reply to Thread