+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I Need Advice

Question I Need Advice

Hi

O.K my Brother in law wants to set me up on a blind date. Have you had one? What worked and what didn't.

Any advice or tips for the guy who is going to go on one?

I'm unsure if it's the way to go.
    I'm back and loving the new look. a little torn as I'm finding myself more behind the scenes rather then posting lol.

Keep it simple, like a coffee date, and if you are both interested, then make another date. Have fun and be honest. If your not interested, don't make further plans or promises to meet again. The important thing is to have fun getting to know a new person. Just my thoughts, hope it helps
    Moning Maniac#132

Quote Originally Posted by Mac's Man View Post
    Hi

O.K my Brother in law wants to set me up on a blind date. Have you had one? What worked and what didn't.

Any advice or tips for the guy who is going to go on one?

I'm unsure if it's the way to go.
    Oh whoa... that's a toughie... Well, first ask yourself do I trust my brothers judgement? Myself: I would be scared... BUT you'll never know if you don't go right???
    "Sleep with the angels. Then come back to earth and sleep with your devil, who would burn in hell for one night in your arms." ~Circenn Brodie

"It's nothing less than a triumph for the will..."
    "I'm sorry... did you say will or pill?" ~The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

I have been on a blind date before....I'm an RA and a couple years ago, some of my residents set me up with some guy they met at a party one night. It was REALLY awkward, but I don't regret taking the chance, only that I went along with his suggestion of an actual meal instead of saying "why don't we go to one of the five thousand coffee shops instead" so I had to sit there and eat a whole meal feeling awkward and dodging personal questions. e

Well I'm with Maria Keep it simple Lunch or an afternoon coffee & DESERT, If you hit it off or get the Vibe make a date for the evening....
    The only blind Date I was on was years ago we went to a crappy movie out of town I think it was the longest day/ night of my life OOOO SHUDDER .... Did I mention I was 18 at the time.. How you feeling now ? I hope you were not hurt too badly last week end...
    :2:IT AIN"T WHAT IT"S CRACKED UP TO BE:2:DOWN WITH PANT! UP WITH KILTS!
    Where you find friends, there you find richesCheck your (.)(.) Its never to soon
    Born a member of the SSMKA and GBOCL & MMNKBD
    Maniac#16
    "Someday"

Dageus'Lass

Well just go on the date and see how it turns out. You never know if you don't go and like Maria said if you aren't interested don't make any futher plans. Gook Luck good vibes coming your way

Mistress of the Pink Whip QueenBoadica's Avatar

I'm personally a chicken and would never allow anyone to set me up on a blind date. However, I would say it depends on your relationship with your brother-in-law. Obviously, if he is married to your sister, he must have good taste in women, but does he know your taste in women? I would also want to know how he knows this woman and how close their relationship is. I would hesitate to go on a date with a close friend of his, because if things go bad, there might be awkwardness. However, if he doesn't know the woman well at all, that might cause some problems as well. I'd ask more questions and make sure the date is somewhat casual, coffee or some sort of short engagement, in case it doesn't work out, but open ended enough it could be extended if it does. Also, a secret tip of women, have a planned out. A phone call from a mate at a specified time with an emergency, but keep it simple, like a flat tire, so it seems unplanned. If the date goes well, great, if not, you simply, start the conversation, oh, that's tough, where are you?

I say go for it, what's the worst that can happen, an hour of boring conversation...you probably get that from some of your tattoo clients.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point.~Blaise Pascal Pensées
    My Blog: http://queenboadica.blogspot.com/

I had one blind date. It was odd. We were set up by one of my girlfriends and I met him at a hockey game. A bunch of his friends met us there and they didn't really have a lot to say to me and then he left for an hour to go find cigarettes. I enjoyed the hockey game though. And then I found out he only went out with me to make my friend jealous and interested in him. It worked and they went out for years. But it also succeeded in making the guy I liked jealous and we've been married for 7 years. Kind of f'd up in a way I guess. But we were teenagers back then so that was the way of things then, right?
    Also, something else to keep in mind, my parents met on a blind date (my mother spent the whole day before trying to find someone to take her place and couldn't) and they've been married for 37 years. So I say go for it, dude! You never know what could happen.:)
    Last edited by Echo; 03-05-2008 at 09:52 PM.

My Best friend had a sneaky way of doing this to me.

I agree keep it simple. Keep it casual. Nothing to fancy like $50 each meal.
    But nothing like a movie, you need to be able to talk to her (obviously).
    My advise I guess would be keep it low key. Have fun! Going out for drinks can be fun. Also if she reads a lot book stores can be really fun and it makes for easy conversation.
    Good luck let us know how it works out!!!

One big not to do which I would think would be obvious but it must not be since it happened to me:

If the date isn't going well don't try and set her up with you brother, cousin or friend it makes matters worse. Also don't talk about some woman you went on a date with last week that does not believe in shaving and still wears a short skirt.
    I was on a date with a guy once that did those things. Then I fell on the ice and cut my foot opened he laughed. Lets just say even if only one of those had happened not to mention all 3 it STILL would have been a one time thing and yes I called the guy a jerk and left and went home called my sister and we went out for coffee and had a laugh.

A week later the guy calls asking me out again I said no.

Michael avi by Love bug Siggy by VP ,Crazy Irish Lass,Founder of The J.A.L.U and Hunters group,I secretly wish I was Mac! ,Michael Phelps & Jensen are my other DH's Miss Fever 2008, Team Eric!

Is there any way that you can make it into a group outing? That takes alot of the pressure off . Maybe you can invite her to got out with you and some friends to a bar or park?
    This is much more fun than schoolwork.
    viva la SSMKA!

+ Reply to Thread