+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 things I've done...

Default 10 things I've done...

that you probably haven't. I did this a few months ago on author Gennita Low's blog and thought it would be a fun thing for here.

1. Snuck backstage at a BB King/Ray Charles concert and met BB King while stationed in Korea. He was awesome!

2. Hopped over a railing (thank goodness there was a chair on the other side) to dance onstage with Rick Springfield and wouldn't get off until he gave me a hug, LOL.

3. Sang Dancing Queen by ABBA with the band on a cruise ship. I think enthusiasm makes up for lack of talent.

4. Gotten every job I have interviewed for. It's getting the interview that is hard, LOL.

5. Went to a taping of American Idol the first season and instead of exiting walked straight to where the judges were standing (with a cluster of people around them) and yelled Simon's name and waved him over while a PA is trying to get me to leave. He came over, said, "hello trouble." My response, "My reputation proceeds me." I got a hug and then left.

6. Haggled over the price of some knick knacks in Kenya.

7. Got kicked out of Rum Jungle in Vegas for being too drunk to stand on my sister's 21st birthday. She doesn't drink so I had to represent!

8. Stood in one of the windows in the red light district in Amsterdam. Only long enough to get my picture taken, LOL.

9. Attended the Emmys. It was boring but the Governor's Ball was fun. Free food!

10. Had jello shots eaten off of my body at my 30th birthday party.
    siggy courtesy of Pyxie

You did these things correct? I'm very tired and listening to sad Irish music and am very confused.

Michael avi by Love bug Siggy by VP ,Crazy Irish Lass,Founder of The J.A.L.U and Hunters group,I secretly wish I was Mac! ,Michael Phelps & Jensen are my other DH's Miss Fever 2008, Team Eric!

LOL yes I did those things. Now you need to name 10 things you've done.

Just 10? Ok i'll have a think and come back
    "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages" - tenesse williams quote

1. Licked the window of an irish shop down town. (This was a dare and I was 16.)

2. Got drunk on my best friends birthday and wanted to flirt my way passed the door man at an Irish pub my friends said no and drug me away. (not proud of this)

3. Flew a plane

4. Was having a b*tch day and made a guy cry. (Not proud of that either)

5. Asked a drag queen at the drag bar where she got her shoes

6. Wrote a 10 paged paper that should have been 4 pages

7. Cried on the stand in a mock trial.

8. Have almost been hit by a Porche 2 times

9. Have done ballet most of my life

10. Tried unsuccessfully to flirt from across the room with a man from Ireland.

fantasydragon

1. Called a guy skeletor after he drove me home when I was drunk (never got drunk again)!

2. Driven a car 110 mph down the road just to "test it out"!

3. Rearranged everything in my room 3 times in 2 days only because I couldn't get good wireless reception.

4. Collect jigsaw puzzles (must be 1,000), glued said puzzles kept them under my bed (until I have my own place) so that they can be "pictures".

5. Watched 30 movies back to back for 7 days so that I would not be distracted when school started.

6. Gotten into a fist fight with my sister while my mom stood between us (I won).

7. Walked in on my dad watching movies when I was a kid (scarred for life).

8. Driven from Texas to South Carolina in one day (that was tiring).

9. Broke 2 windows at home in one week practicing my pitching.

10. Went to prom my junior year only because my crush was going (I soo regret doing that).

Dang, writing these make me realize how blah blah blah my life is!

General of the Cruce-Aid Viking Princess's Avatar

Default Mine aren't as interesting as Leiha's lol

1. Twisted my ankle in a crab hole on a sand bar at the beach.

2. Been kissed by 3 drunk guys at once who were all wearing bright pink lipstick during the St. Patrick's Day parade when I was marching in it.

3. Recorded a fan recording of the RENT soundtrack online (I sang as Mimi.)

4. Scared the living crap out of the lead singer of Puddle of Mudd, whose name fails me at 3 am...Wes something i think.

5. Discovered I was claustophobic in an underwater cave 50 ft underwater after being certified for scuba diving.

6. Beamed the blonde dude from LFO in the forehead with a beaded bracelet. (the ticket was free and my friend told me to throw it, and my aim was bad lol)

7. Walked straight into a tree while reading and didn't notice for a brief moment that I stopped moving.

8. Made 3 sets of pillows on wooden loom and had one set enter an art show.

9. Gotten a short story published in a literary journal ran by my college.

10. Kicked the actor playing Jason in the head in a haunted house because he had the nerve to take that plastic chainsaw to my ankle. I have a fear of sliced achilies tendons and I acted on impulse. And ever since that year, the mall (who ran this haunted house for 2 or 3 years before this) has never held a haunted house again for halloween....was it me? :p
    Last edited by Viking Princess; 03-13-2008 at 01:45 PM. Reason: horrible 3 am spelling

Here goes

1) Got tore down drunk at my sisters wedding and embarrassed myself. Haven't gotten over it yet.

2) Went to a death investigation with a real dead body when I worked at a Police station can I just say Ewwwww.
    3) Drove cross country.
    4) Talked to Darrell Hannah over the phone.
    5) Got Kissed by Little Richard (Ha).
    6) Met Oprah 2xs.
    7) Designed my own Drapes.
    8) Touched a snake on a male stripper.
    9) Got so drunk until the room was spinning but the bed was still (Never again).
    10) Got stuck in an elevator with a bunch of people and freaked out. Not proud, not proud at all...
    Proud member of GBOCL & SSMKA

[www.siggyjdesigns.org]

If my life has been that exciting so far, I forgot LOL

1. Sang Soprano in the chorus of Handel's Messiah in a county production.

2. Howled at the fool moon at midnight.

3. Built a PC from scratch

4. Got chased by a Highland Coo while taking a shortcut across a field

5. Won a country-wide competition for a fish dish I cooked when I was at school

6. I used the internet before it became the WWW

7. Managed to knock myself over with my own car! LOL

8. I shook hands and got to say Hi to Princess Diana on an official visit

9. I was playing darts in a pub when I was drunk and every turn would get 2 in the board and one would end up on the floor, and therefore so did I LOL this guy kept helping me up. Apparently he asked me out, well obviously I didn't remember LOL

10. On a number of occasions I have been asked to look at some supposedly not working equipment and it just works without me doing a thing and they are amazed and are like...but it really wasn't working

OMG Leiha, that list is truly amazing! You have balls, girl! Well, my list is nowhere near as exciting as Leiha's list but here goes:

1. I was born breech and so was my daughter.
    2. I had my tonsils out when I was 5 years old, hemorrhaged and had to be put back under general anesthetic to be cauterized.
    3. In grade 3, I tested at grade 9 level for spelling and comprehension.
    4. In a dream, as a teenager, I foresaw my Aunt losing her baby. She miscarried at 8 months. Obviously not happy that dream came true.
    5. I have three children. With each pregnancy, between the 3-4 month mark, I always knew the sex of the baby and whether it would be early or late. I was always correct.
    6. I've had braces three times, major jaw surgery twice and multiple reconstructive surgeries.
    7. I have the rarest blood type in the world, plus I have IgA deficiency so that makes it even more rare.
    8. I've met Diana Gabaldon and she signed my books!
    9. I was born in England and travelled through Ireland, Scotland and Wales before I was old enough to remember it. Emigrated to Canada when I was 5 and travelled across Canada to settle in Ontario, then to Vancouver and finally to Victoria, BC.
    10. I still remember our Ontario phone number from when I was a child (835-1450).

Hmmm, looking back at the list, its not so much about things I've done but things that happened to me...but it probably radically different from other people's lists, so I guess I'll just leave it the way it is for now.
    Chocolate...its not just for breakfast.

Second Member of the SSMKA

+ Reply to Thread