+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Why...

Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Mac's Man View Post
    Why do you think, at one of the very first meetings between Mac and JZB, JZB tries and terrorize her by taking one big lick on Mac's neck?

The strong hold on her ribs and the threats I get, but the licking is a little odd.

I'm with Jo on this one, it's part of the intimidation, you know, look how easily I can do what I like with you! And, I could be wrong, but doesn't the Kurgen lick someone's face in the movie Highlander as part of his scare campaign? So while licking the neck might be to lead you down the thinking of vampires path, for me, the lick is more the scare the crap out of the pretty barbie kind-of-thing.

Jo's post also mentions the tattooing and it wouldn't "stick" to fae skin. Probably covering old ground here, but, if the fae aren't really human, just look human, then why couldn't they look like they had tattoos?

And as for JZB's jewelery, I always felt like it's purpose was to reduce his effect on the "poor" mortals around him, tone down the do-me factor of the royal fae?

Maniac

Good ?, I think he was trying to scare her by being unpredictable and bold and threatening. It makes me think of the Matrix where Keanu Reeves character is given the choice of pills to take. Once he makes his choice, he can't go back.
    I think JB was doing much the same thing with her

BUT.....
    OTOH, it did make me think of SoTH when Jessica licks Cian when she first meets him (not sure if he was real or not and very attracted to him). The reason I say this is at the end of DF, after JB rescued Mac and was healing her, he kissed her and said something in a language she didn't recognize. Someone wondered in another post if he was saying bonding vows, recognizing her as his future mate? Intriguing to speculate! Perhaps he had that "Mine!" realization that so many of the Highlanders had and recognized it early on. Perhaps his lick was his trying to control himself and failing, being so close to her? Just a thought!

Deus nobiscum quis contra Conoga's Avatar

well just how would you react if some strange big dude bear hugged you, bruised your ribs and then licked your neck? not trying to imply the kinky aspect of it, but SERIOUSLY, how would you feel? i think i would be quite upset by that! hot or not, thats crossing personal boundaries.
    And with a man like JZB he knows he can do that and no one will stop him... because he cant be stopped. simple.
    if he was a vampire that was drunk on that sort of power trip then he would simply bite Mac and preserve her so she wouldnt die the next time she was caught by one of the bad guys. and why not? he tattooed her without permission didnt he?

and as far as that goes.... i still think he is one of the other families that has been left in charge to guard the unseelie hallows. that family is mentioned in Spell i think. but they remain a mystery. and that would explain why JZB knows the effects the dark book would have on a mortal. he's probably witnessed and been touched by its powers. as a result his family probably LOST the dark hallows and he is on a mission to get them back. he wont explain what he wants with the book. he just says he collects books.....well..? cover blown i say!

and yes i want the links to the websites about the Basque mythical creatures! would sooooo love to read about those! Fomorians? is that it?

living to the fullest fea highland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by koala View Post

And as for JZB's jewelery, I always felt like it's purpose was to reduce his effect on the "poor" mortals around him, tone down the do-me factor of the royal fae?
    must have missed the licking part will have to check that out. But his Jewerly
    if it is fae i though it was to mark the house they were from

By MeShelle

Live well, laugh often, love much

living life to it's fullest

Freckles McPixie Michelle*My*Belle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mac's Man View Post
    LOL been reading any BDB books lately Jo?

I was going with the vamp thing or he is unseelie until It was revealed there is a cuff that can be worn to protect against the shades (I thought it was also weird he could just walk around in the dark.) and the tattoo thing - just like Cian was tattooed & Cian was a druid.

Still I think JZB is immortal - why give his background as pict etc when he could have just said something more morden time like Greek? lol

Vampire is good yes?
    Vampire is sexy yes?
    JBZ vampire?
    Well sh*t!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle*My*Belle View Post
    Vampire is good yes?
    Vampire is sexy yes?
    JBZ vampire?
    Well sh*t!

LOL! j/k but it is a great place to add this in though!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCoyote View Post

and as far as that goes.... i still think he is one of the other families that has been left in charge to guard the unseelie hallows. that family is mentioned in Spell i think. but they remain a mystery. and that would explain why JZB knows the effects the dark book would have on a mortal. he's probably witnessed and been touched by its powers. as a result his family probably LOST the dark hallows and he is on a mission to get them back. he wont explain what he wants with the book. he just says he collects books.....well..? cover blown i say!
    good point there! I forgot about the other families! If this is the case, that would explain why he comes off a little (ok maybe an understatement) dark. I'm not entirely sure it truly fits but it would be an intriguing plotline.

before i knew there was a new series being started - just finished Spell - when they mentioned that family and then said no more i was like "What?!?! hey wait a second there! i want to know more about those guys!"

well hopefully i'll get my wish. but it makes too much sense to me. if you're working side by side a dark relic to protect it you can expect a little "radiation posioning"... you'd have to counter it with something... being druids and all....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCoyote View Post

I never thought of that angel either. Between you and *jo* I think I have to just re read the series again and see it from this angle... I like it. (will re read spell as well.)
    I'm back and loving the new look. a little torn as I'm finding myself more behind the scenes rather then posting lol.

rereading spell is such a hard task! *siiiiiggghhhhh*

+ Reply to Thread