> > >
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JZB: Son of a...

Talking JZB: Son of a...

Hawk !

Sidheach James Lyon Douglas,
    Beyond the Highland Mist
    Page # 365.
    "Ahhh," the Queen marveled, for even the Tuatha De Danaan were in awe of true love.
    You are worthy of what I now give you, she whispered just before she vanished.
    Consider it a wedding gift...

So what did Queen A give Adrienne & Sidheach Douglas for a wedding present ?!
    I speculate she gave their child,
    the gift of being a brand new type of fae
    I mean why not ?
    Hawk was more than worthy & truely impressed Queen A by his intellect & his beauty...
    Why not a famous child? Doubly blessed if a male is born first!
    So is the alias
    Jericho Z. Barrons Hawk Douglas' son?

What do you think ?!
    Last edited by *Jo*; 05-04-2008 at 01:46 AM.

Exclamation Love, Adam & Reversion/Oracle's thread

"...She would be seeing them soon."
    I think that we've already met them all.
    From each book so far she's given us at least one alpha hero/druid sometimes sorcerer/compact-ritual keepers.
    1.) Dageus MacKeltar from Dark Highlander
    2.) Drustan MacKeltar from Kiss of the Highlander
    3.) Cian MacKeltar from Spell of the Highlander
    4.) Aedan MacKinnon, Druid-sorcerer=Unseelie once/QueenA saved/Into the Dreaming
    5.) Christian MacKeltar, (Druid-Shawman, shapesifter?!!) Introduced superficially in Bloodfever

Druids according to one of the webs I supplied stated that druids tended to be a hereditary trait/passed down to families. That was the case in Cian's situation. All his uncles were druids.

However from every book Karen has supplied at least one of her PRESENT DAY male allies.
    Highlander's Touch=Circenn Brodie & Adam Black
    To Tame A Highland Warrior=Gavrael Roderick Icarus McIllioch, Beserker
    Kiss of the Highlander=Drustan MacKeltar
    The Dark Highlander=Dageus MacKeltar
    The Immortal Highlander= Adam Black/fae changed human, last D'ai Jai prince

So, lastly the most important question of all.
    What 'GIFT' did Karen give us from Beyond the Highland Mist then???

I think I know the answer to this. I think it finally clicked for me.
    Stay tuned or look in Beyond The Highland Mist threads...
    To be Continued in a new thread...

This is the new thread.
    Last edited by *Jo*; 05-04-2008 at 01:34 AM.

Deus nobiscum quis contra Conoga's Avatar

wait.... i'm lost.....

you're saying JZB is the son of Hawke? and is blessed with fae gifts?

i have GOT to find my copy of that and read it again... simply MUST make that a priority!

Exclamation

Theorizing yet again.

Reread Beyond the Highland Mist and wondered just what the heck Queen A could mean by that statement at the end of the book.
    Queen A made a compact with the Douglas & married him and Adrienne, while Adrienne was five months pregnant.
    Why would she even bother with mere mortals?!!
    She also engraved the baby cradle headboard at the castle Douglas by magic with :

Remember this, mortal-you have your own kind of forever-the immortality of love. Blessed be the Douglas. Aoibheal, Queen of the Fae.

You have your own kind of forever
    ?!!!
    Blessed be the Douglas.
    What the heck would that mean?
    How can you bless a mortal?!
    The only things that crossed my mind was that TO a human, that would be descendants.
    Many or famous.
    Then again there are Douglas' brothers (though not outstanding characters just secondary) in Highlander's Touch.
    Multiply and pass down your name through history.
    Children.
    Then there's immortality.
    The only immortals seem to be the fae...
    Maybe the gift Queen A gave was giving the babe immortality.

Like Circenn Brodie had. Has. Being half fae.
    BUT that's another time...or century. Time.

Just thinking yet again was all...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCoyote View Post
    wait.... i'm lost.....

you're saying JZB is the son of Hawke? and is blessed with fae gifts?

i have GOT to find my copy of that and read it again... simply MUST make that a priority!
    I do. I think JZB is the son of Hawk Douglas & his wife Adrienne.
    BUT, BlueCoyote, I am just thinking.
    Too many quotes that made no sense until now.
    The statements were left hanging empty. To me anyway !
    But then I've been completely out to lunch before, too.

Deus nobiscum quis contra Conoga's Avatar

ahhhhh! i understand now.. that could be possible too :D

Here are my reasons for disagreeing, although I've had the same thought because they are so similar in looks, but:

-I think that when Queen A blessed them she blessed them. That nothing bad would come to Hawk or his family. And Jericho Barrons seems like a man who has been through some hard living. I would think that someone who was blessed by a fairy queen would have had a nicer life than what JB has seemed to experience. Of course he could be a big grumpy faker, but I don't think so.

-I think that when Queen A said you have your own immortality she meant the immortality of love.

-As to the "worthy of what I now give you" WTH? I assumed she was talking about wedding them and blessing them, but reading it in the context you suggested I don't know. But I don't think it's an immortal child. Although now that I'm really thinking about it, at first I thought that immortality would not be that nice of a gift, but the I thought, to an immortal fae it would be the gift that keeps on giving. Hmmm. Ok, maybe. But see above reason #1.

-Barrons himself discribed his lineage as being Pict and Basque. Even if he's just saying that's his distant heritage (I'm taking it as literal though). I don't know, I can't supply a valid argument for this but it just doesn't fit for me. Pict I could see but where would Basque come from. Nevermind I could see all possibilities with this and am confusing myself. Annnnd now I've lost my train of thought. Crap.

Oh, I do have a question though - the Douglas brothers from HT, is this before or after BTHM? The timeline is getting me stuck.

Ok, one more random thought, at the end of one of the books, it says that Adam knows of more of a connection between Hawk and Grimm but he's not talking, do you think this has something to do with... what? Sorry for all the ramble, hopefully I've made some sort of sense.

to know me is to love me MeShelle's Avatar

ahhh Jo....I swear you put my brain to work with your theorys...i mean HOW do you come up with this ...things like this doesnt even cross my brain...i must:bowrofl-vi:you trully are the queen or theorys....sigh...there goes my manicure again

I just finished re-reading BTHM again and it doesn't make sense. What gift does Queen A bestow on them? That really is never explained.

I don't think JZB is Hawk's son though because the look we have at his childhood doesn't seem to fit. I would think growing up with Hawk and Adrienne he would have had a happy childhood.

Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    Here are my reasons for disagreeing, although I've had the same thought because they are so similar in looks, but:

-I think that when Queen A blessed them she blessed them. That nothing bad would come to Hawk or his family. And Jericho Barrons seems like a man who has been through some hard living. I would think that someone who was blessed by a fairy queen would have had a nicer life than what JB has seemed to experience. Of course he could be a big grumpy faker, but I don't think so.

-I think that when Queen A said you have your own immortality she meant the immortality of love.

-As to the "worthy of what I now give you" WTH? I assumed she was talking about wedding them and blessing them, but reading it in the context you suggested I don't know. But I don't think it's an immortal child. Although now that I'm really thinking about it, at first I thought that immortality would not be that nice of a gift, but the I thought, to an immortal fae it would be the gift that keeps on giving. Hmmm. Ok, maybe. But see above reason #1.

-Barrons himself discribed his lineage as being Pict and Basque. Even if he's just saying that's his distant heritage (I'm taking it as literal though). I don't know, I can't supply a valid argument for this but it just doesn't fit for me. Pict I could see but where would Basque come from. Nevermind I could see all possibilities with this and am confusing myself. Annnnd now I've lost my train of thought. Crap.

Oh, I do have a question though - the Douglas brothers from HT, is this before or after BTHM? The timeline is getting me stuck.

Ok, one more random thought, at the end of one of the books, it says that Adam knows of more of a connection between Hawk and Grimm but he's not talking, do you think this has something to do with... what? Sorry for all the ramble, hopefully I've made some sort of sense.
    Echo, the timeline does kind of drive you crazy, because there's so much back & forth with the fae constantly shifting time.

BTHM - date in chapter one is 1513.
    TTHW (Grimm's story) - date in chapter one is 1515.
    HT - Circenn was born in the 9th century, but when the book starts the prologue date is 1308 (when Circenn curses the flask) and it is 1314 when Lisa brings it back to him. So the Douglas brothers Galen & Duncan PRECEDE Hawk by 200 years.

Siggy by Viking Princess

Proud Member of SSMKA & MMNKBD & BDB Maidens
    Moning Maniac #74