+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: But i dont feel very wise..

Deus nobiscum quis contra Conoga's Avatar

Default But i dont feel very wise..

i discovered last night that i have a wisdom tooth growing in.... top left side.... its kinda itchy and aches a wee bit - but i think i wouldnt notice it if i hadnt noticed it... i can also feel it there with my tongue...

so i'm kinda scared lol i always hear such HORRIBLE stories about wisdom teeth, getting them pulled out, or cut out , or causing your teeth to go all crooked which can cause other problems (my moms wisdom teeth grew in sideways which made left her with quite a toothy grin and she has a hard time eating things like ribs or corn on the cob)
    my DH never had his wisdom teeth removed and they did the same, sorta shifted his teeth around so he has one canine tooth that kinda sticks out a bit, which is REALLY cute as hell because he was that mischievous/wolfish grin as a result

anyway .... i dunno what to do. he JUST started work three weeks ago. but hasnt got a pay check yet. why? because the computer datathing didnt add his name. his boss has been paying him cash. but any day now he should get his pay check.... and supposedly he is getting one fursure on friday

i havent been to the dentist in a long long time and i'm scared to go now lol no tellng what they will find! i also have heard when you get pregnant and breast feed your teeth suffer from it.... and i got pregnant twice, too close together, breast fed both AND drink way too many sodas..... i know better... i do brush my teeth and floss though!!!

i'm still scared.
    of the cost..
    of the procedure..
    of the pain..

and thats another thing... pain meds... what are the chances of the dentist just knocking me out cold while he works????? cause i would gladly go that route!

Don't worry. If you find a good dentist then you'll be well taken care of. My DH had some serious teeth issues, cavities that had to be filled and his wisdom teeth had to be removed. He is so funny about letting people touch him at all, let alone his mouth, he has to be sedated to go to the dentist. These days it's not all that uncommon and his dentist really works with him to keep him comfortable. It took about six months and $2500, but now he's all fixed up and feeling much better.

I was in the same boat as you. I was raised on Coke and junk food and my teeth are proof of that. I had my wisdom teeth removed in November and I can tell you if they pull them, it's painless. If they have to be cut out, it's going to hurt. My wisdom teeth knocked both of my upper canines out of alignment, so I'm having to get that fixed as well. After I have my cavities filled my total will be around $2000 or so.

I think the scariest thing about dentists are the bills :0)

Never heard the one about pregnancy and breast feeding causing tooth issues. Don't know about the breast feeding part (I wasn't able to do that) but I know that 5 pregnancies didn't do anything to my teeth.

Anyway - hope it all works out for you. I know that the dentist is expensive, but the upkeep expense on your teeth is worth it in the long run.
    A Viking Princess creation
    Founding Trinity of the Highland Honey Club
    "Oh great woman of wonder, wearer of the overflowing bodice and blue underwear, please bless us with your presence!"
    Maniac Member #28

i was told it has to do with the calcium in your body. instead of you keeping the calcium you take in it all goes to produce milk for the baby. dont know how much truth there is to that..... i'm sure someone around here knows better than me!

plus sodas with high acid content are horrible bad for your bones and teeth.
    i like coke because it has caffienne, but root beer is the best choice because it hasnt got as much acid in it.

and six months!?!?!?!? holy crap!!!

if the dentist does a payment plan i'll be ok.... but... ugggghhhhhh!!! six months of work!

Could be worse BC - I had to have some cosmetic work done on my teeth (6 front top) because of a drug I was given as a child and it came out to about $2000 a tooth! Well worth the money - but sheesh!

Root beer doesn't have caffine in it - so you are defeating the purpose of drinking the soda to get caffine! Just say no to pop (she says as she chugs the first Dr. Pepper she has had in months!).

Poor baby. I have zero dental knowledge but I have had my wisdom teeth out. Not so horrible! Don't panic honey you'll be ok no matter what!

Quote Originally Posted by melissa View Post

Root beer doesn't have caffine in it - so you are defeating the purpose of drinking the soda to get caffine! Just say no to pop (she says as she chugs the first Dr. Pepper she has had in months!).
    lol i didnt mean it like that, i meant that if you must have a soda for the fizz then rootbeer is best. that is if you dont want the caffienne buzz.
    i am trying like mad to ween myself away from coke... my DH bought instant cappuccino mix, and thats great except you have to use hot water to make it... and its too bloody hot for that.. it would be a nice winter time drink.. plus i prefer iced cappuccino... and that takes too much time to bother.. so i opt for coke lol

i didnt have a caffeine addiction until i met this man!!!!!!! i used to drink tea or water.... i also didnt have teeth problems!

i'm going to smack him when he gets home. yep.

lol

i feel a little better though... how much does it usually cost to yank those things out?

To yank the wisdom teeth out? I guess that would depend on the dentist. I got mine out when I was 17 and my parent's insurance covered the cost - I know it was alot though, because they were sideways and impacted, so it involved putting me out and doing oral surgery to have them removed. They would only do two at a time - so one week I got the two on one side out and then two weeks later they did the other two.

If you don't have a regular dentist - call and ask about pricing. The daughter of a friend of mine said her dentist was gonna charge her $280/tooth to fill cavities, but after calling around she found a good dentist who only charged her $75-$100/tooth, depending on the size of the cavity.

From personal experience, get them pulled out at the Dentist Clinic, faster and quicker recovery time as well as less $$.
    I hope this helps.
    Moning Maniac#132

thanks for the info. i asked DH if he signed up for a dental plan and he said no - this was before i discovered the wisdom tooth -
    i mentioned it to my mom, about him signing up for dental and she said it wasnt worth it. paying out of pocket is cheaper in the long run.
    when i did have a job i was going to sign the family up for dental but it sounded too weird. like it would only cover up to $500 worth of work. any procedures that exceded that amount were out of your own pocket or something, so i didnt sign up for it....

+ Reply to Thread