> > >
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timeline?/Answered

to know me is to love me MeShelle's Avatar

Default Timeline?/Answered

Anneyse asked this in another thread and was wondering if you could get us a time line, like we know that between spell to the fever was between 5-8 yrs after, from what im geting from the other girls but was wondering if you can somehow aim us in the right direction of a timeline, or about how many years has passed from spell to the fever series.

Default My notes have not yet gotten unboxed, but I'm going to answer

off the top of my head that I believe Aoibheal says "a little over five years in the future their (human) world was in chaos, the walls between Man and Faery were down..."

Actually, hang on, I just pulled out my paperback version of Spell, reference bottom of p 391, top of 392. Yes, she says a little over five years. (But she also says the Unseelie were ruling with an icy hand and they aren't...yet...maybe never in this version of reality that is still being touched/adjusted....or maybe it's still coming:) Mac's story takes place over the course of a year and the Walls were still mostly intact when Darkfever started, so there's your timeline.

ok suprisingly enough i think i got an idea of a timeline...lol..eventhough i had to read it over 5 times cause i was confused for a while...thank you

yet another question answered without saying a word....you are a master Karen!

made by the fabulous VP!!! Thanks!!

i have to say as far as spell VS FF, timeline wise, if you read on in that passage from spell, it also says that the unseelie princes are out, and we see them for the first time in FF, at the end. so if they are out and causing all this when the queen is placing the kelters where she wants them, then i think the reason we have not seen the queen during the fever series is because she is in the past, getting kelters in line. in short LOL i think that either during the first three fever books she is working on that or at least shortly after FF, is where she does that, so i think that we are very near caught up with what the queen talks about there at the end of spell. i hope that makes since, and i am glad you brought up the question because i have to admit, right after finishing FF, i quickly picked up spell to look at that passage.

Default timeline

But what about the end of Into the Dreaming? Chapter Fifteen pages 92 - 94.
    were she gos to him (unseelie King) and then well did she ever get a way? I think not because in FF V'lane says shes gone. AM I wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by GargoyleMistress View Post
    But what about the end of Into the Dreaming? Chapter Fifteen pages 92 - 94.
    were she gos to him (unseelie King) and then well did she ever get a way? I think not because in FF V'lane says shes gone. AM I wrong ?
    Remember Karen said to not look at Into the Dreaming for hints in the Fever series because things were different since it was with a different publisher

Default When's QA's present of 5 1/2 yrs?

I did a lot of thinking and researching of QA's altering of events from 5 1/2 yrs her past to her present in the human world.

Here's what I came up with. If I missed anything please feel free to add to this.

I think it begins with the saving of Dageus. QA states in SOTH, while in the catacombs, that her use of the full High Queen of the Seelie Court had caused a blackout of all mortal magic throughout Britain, part of Scotland and a fair portion of Wales. Shattering wards believed to be unbreakable, voided protections spells and temporarily leeched all sacred mortal relics of any power they possessed.

This set into motion for Cian to be released from the Dark Glass and for others to begin retrieving the hallows and prized relics that were stolen from Lucan. As well as other relics that may have been stolen from around Britain, Scotland and Wales while the wards were down. Is this Barrons? Mackeltars? LM? Unknown players?

April - Dageus story takes place. There are no actual dates listed in this story. Just that the spring equinox is a few days away.

July - Adam's story begins about mid July. He's been "human" for 3 mos., 97 days to be exact. We know he goes to the MacKeltars to wait for the day of Lughnasadh, which is August 1.

Oct 6 - Begins Cian's story. We know that shortly after midnight on Oct. 31, QA appears (sort of). Where she tells that in a little over 5 yrs the walls are down.

Summer - Mac's story begins. 5 years is Oct. 31, where we know that the walls have come down, because the Dark Princes have been released.

I think QA "present" is shortly after this time. Is it in November, December? We just don't know unless maybe, Karen, you could help us out with the dates? QA's 5 1/2 yrs. begin at the end of DH and ends shortly after FF or the beginning of DMF time.

Since Mac's story is being told over the course of a year, I think we are entering QA's present time. Will we hear from her in DMF? What other events has she altered? In Adam's story QA tells him that the dolmens have begun to open and humans were slipping through to other worlds. Does this have any bearing on current events?

I have discovered a discrepancy of about 2 mos. in Adam's and Cian's timetable of events. Cian states (early Oct.) that it has been 3 1/2 mos. since a thief broke into Lucan house and stole half of his prized relics including the Dark Glass. That would place the time toward the end of June. Adam has been "human" for 3 mos.(after saving Dageus life about the end of April) when his story began in July. Now I am confused! How long were the wards down? How long before Lucan returns to find that he had been robbed?

Questions! All I have are questions!

Wow Katydid you did your research!! I didn't catch the discrepancy,but I thought that when QA used her power in the catacombs it neutralized all other magic within a certain area. So it would stay down until it was re "warded" (if thats a word lol) I thought that was why Lucan installed an alarm system shortly there after although I could be wrong, but everything else is just as I remember. So far I don't think you missed anything. Nice job. ;)
    Siggy by Viking Princess (Thanks!)

well also.. in Immortal... Aoibheal visits Adam and Gabby's daughter 5 years later.... she shows herself to Tessa.... and Adam discovers that he is has a soul... hmmm... I wonder how that fits in. Is she touching and adjusting.. did she come to visit Adam to "consider" making him immortal and then decided against it...
    "Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for Humanity" Horace Mann. Antioch College.