+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will Karen write another Highlander romance?

Default Will Karen write another Highlander romance?

Karen gets this question a lot and here is what she had to say about it:

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Marie View Post
    I honestly don't know if I can write a straight forward romance in which the story revolves primarily around the romance again. There, I've said it. I know this will disappoint some of my fans but the romance alone wasn't enough to keep my muse happy. I need more than that in the stories I tell. So, if the question is will I ever write a book like my Highlander series again where the primary thrust is: woman meets man, complications ensue, woman loses man, reclaims man and has a HEA, the answer is probably not without a whole lot of other stuff going on, too.

That being said, I may find myself at some point in the future, dying to re-visit the Highlands again and totally in the mood to lose myself in love for no other purpose than love's sake.

I guess the answer is: no plans to write a straightforward Highlander romance right now but I never say never.

Remember, the Keltars figure prominently in the Fever series, and Christian will be getting his own play--just not the way I did it in my Highlander series. I need a little more nitty, gritty reality in his tale. He's becomes quite the complex man.
    siggy courtesy of Pyxie

OH dear, how did I miss that post? ESPECIALLY that last sentence.. *waiting anxiously*

I AM A TIPSY TART!

Quote Originally Posted by tcdarcy7 View Post
    OH dear, how did I miss that post? ESPECIALLY that last sentence.. *waiting anxiously*
    I know. I thought I had read everything that KMM had posted, but I guess I was wrong.

"Remember, the Keltars figure prominently in the Fever series, and Christian will be getting his own play--just not the way I did it in my Highlander series. I need a little more nitty, gritty reality in his tale. He's becomes quite the complex man."

What.Does.That.Mean?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Now I have to go to the DmF boards!

Cool

To me...Christian is still young, so I cannot put him in a Drustin, Daegus or Cian roll.....but......he is a Mackelter............so of course he will be complex.................cannot wait....lol....

Default What a shame.... ::sigh::

Quote Originally Posted by Leiha View Post
    Karen gets this question a lot and here is what she had to say about it:
    I'd read where she posted that before... I must say, I think it is a grevious shame. I love the FEVER series. It is a different type of book, more of a dangerous paranormal mystery. It is well-written and I enjoy it. But, I also loved her Highlander series. It will be a crying shame if she never writes another of them. The world will be a lesser place for that loss.

Personally I like good romances but find the dark urban fantasy and paranormal stories to be a more challenging read. I like the mystery and suprise and the unpredictable elements. I also like reading a series with world building. It's kinda like Christmas waiting for the next book.

I agree with you,.
    Mrs. Barrons...

Maniac

I am so, so disappointed that there will most likely not be another Highlander book...

I haven't been able to yet force myself to read the Fever series. I may try at some later date. I'm not sure what exactly the feel of the book is, but I hope not fantasy. I have tried to read fantasy novels and always fail.

My mom was crazy about this one series... The Deeds of Paxsonarion(sp) or something. She wanted me to read it and I really tried, but after the first 100 pages or so and several months of trying to get into it --I quit. I am usually a very fast reader, but I like action not slow drawn out adventure...

Fantasy is awesome for movies. Like LOTR, I enjoyed the films, but would never crack any of the books. The same for Harry Potter --I love the movies, but would never read the books. I just lack the patience it takes to follow these stories. If I had the time to read uninterrupted for hours the I probably could read them...lol

I personally don't enjoy romance novels as KMM describes them in her post.
    Her Highlander books are the exception because of the touch of fantasy she adds to them.

Love the Fever series, though. Even my husband reads it! He read it on a dare, and now we have to buy 2 Dreamfever novels when it comes out because he won't let me read it first!

+ Reply to Thread