+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (3) Nagging, challenging, questions. Will you Lasses offer an opinion?

Maniac

Default (3) Nagging, challenging, questions. Will you Lasses offer an opinion?

#1=Will Bloodfever be the first book in the fever series that DOESN'T involve traveling in time? #2=Who organized the whole plan for the exile & adoption of Mac & Alina? #3=Will the Lanes play any active role in aiding or enlightening Mac about her heritage and/or the WARNINGS (stay out of Ireland) they were given at the adoptions now that she is in this deep?

Personally ~ I was hoping this might be where the mystery of JB would be answered..In a previous post I commented:
    (I think JB MAY take Mac back in time for two very important reasons #1 (HE WANTS HER TO FULLY ACCEPT THE ROLE SHE WILL PLAY IN THE COMING BATTLE, & knowing her true story will empower her. The Lanes can't or won't tell. All the others that were entrusted with the truth of Mac & Alina's parentage are either dead OR went into hiding to make the hunters & unseelie believe there were no seers to be concerned about. Any others who knew about the sisters probably swore a blood oath of secrecy & would RATHERED DIE THAN TELL. Think about it! Their family gave up all contact with these babies to prevent anyone from accidently leading any of the fae to this insignificant, unnoticed city. This made it a safe city in which the sisters could be raised until they were needed, & trained to use their powers. Do U think that it was their Biolog. mom/family OR someone very wise and powerful who engineered the whole plan? Could it have been Queen Abby?

#2 The other reason JB may take Mac back in time is TO WIN her love. JB is going to stop fighting his attraction to Mac at some point. He knows the thing that Mac dislikes most about him is all the mystery, & the way he never answer questions about himself. By taking her back to where it all started she might be able to understand why he is the way he is & find in him something she can love. Who knows~Maybe her love will break the curse we all believe exists?

Deja, Sherlock Holmes girl
    Last edited by Deja; 09-16-2007 at 02:39 PM.

Default hmm...

As for your first question (at least this early in the series) I don't think there will be any time travel. In the thread for Cuff of Cruce, I posted that Cruce has put a forbidden curse on the fae silvers. While they are able to sift place, I don't think any fae or otherwise are able to sift time.

As to who planned Mac/Alina's adoption/exile? That is a million dollar question I wish I had an answer for! Was it to keep them safe or to keep them out of the way? Gabby's best defense in Immortal was that she knew who/what she was. Mac not knowing who she is has not played in her favor much.

I think Rowena (old lady that rapped Mac on the head) will have a much more prominent role in helping Mac understand her heritage/power.

I don't know that I believe her adoptive parents know a lot of the girls heritage. - Unless they already had a full understanding when they adopted them - it might seem a little strange to hear "BTW, don't ever let them come back to Ireland unless you want them to be destroyed by Fae, Vampires, Werewolves, and other terrifing creatures." (but like I've mentioned before, I could be eating a lot of my words once the series progresses.)

I'm going to stop here because I'm writing a book. LOL. sorry guys!
    Last edited by Pyxie; 09-16-2007 at 07:33 PM.

Question Deja...

These questions are very good questions and extremely hard to answer...
    I am almost sure that there would be traveling, not sure about TIME though. Faefever might bring us to the fae isle...
    Bloodfever might bring us underground to the Unseelie (or Formorian (?) world)...
    As for the rest of your questions, I haven't a clue !

Default Pyxie...

Quote Originally Posted by Pyxie View Post
    As for your first question (at least this early in the series) I don't think there will be any time travel. In the thread for Cuff of Cruce, I posted that Cruce has put a forbidden curse on the fae silvers. While they are able to sift place, I don't think any fae or otherwise are able to sift time.

As to who planned Mac/Alina's adoption/exile? That is a million dollar question, I wish I had an answer for! Was it to keep them safe or to keep them out of the way? Gabby's best defense in Immortal was that she knew who/what she was. Mac not knowing who she is has not played in her favor much.

I think Rowena (old lady that rapped Mac on the head) will have a much more prominent role in helping Mac understand her heritage/power.

I don't know that I believe her adoptive parents know a lot of the girls heritage. - Unless they already had a full understanding when they adopted them - it might seem a little strange to hear "BTW, don't ever let them come back to Ireland unless you want them to be destroyed by Fae, Vampires, Werewolves, and other terrifing creatures." (but like I've mentioned before, I could be eating a lot of my words once the series progresses.)

I'm going to stop here because I'm writing a book. LOL. sorry guys!
    ...I don't mind you writing books...I love to read & THINK about the theories...
    Keeps my mind occupied while waiting for Bloodfever along with everyone else !

I agree w/ Jo, those are hard questions to answer.

1. You never know w/ the Fae, so far as we know from DF, the Fae hanve lost the ability to travel/sift time since the Queen has gone missing, but who knows...
    2. Mac/Alina adoption. I believe that the Sidhe Seers in Ireland are more attuned to the Fae than the American ones, so d/t the various powers of each Sidhe Seer, Mac/Alina and maybe other babies born of Sidhe Seers where sent else where to protect there future heritage.

3. JB and Mac will hook up eventually, there is so much sexual tension, attraction between them that both of them will have to realize that they are meant to be a couple, ? soulmate?

I just can't wait to get my hands on BF
    Moning Maniac#132

Maniac

Default OUTSTANDING Observations Jo, Pyxie, and Maria. U must be Sherlock girls?

You Lasses really made me think..I hope KMM reads the many comments. The members truly do honor her Artistry of the Pen. Hope she knows she is highly revered.

Pyxie thanks, I almost forgot about Rowena. I BELIEVE she fits into that group of characters that will play a part in bringing Mac full circle with who and what she is.

to know me is to love me MeShelle's Avatar

Default My brain is turning to goop!!

Ok Deja very good questions... I also have asked myself those questions.... Heres the thing i dont think we'll be able to answer them for a while.... Even though i hope they get answered in BloodFever lets get reall Karen loves to torture us.... Im sure she sees the things we come up with and falls on the floor laughing.... And i have a big feeling she will have us asking ourselves more questions after BloodFever.

Ugh I can't think straight anymore. Thankfully it is just a few short weeks away until some of our questions will be answered. I just know we will have like 500 questions after the book.
    A Viking Princess Original
    Maniac #6

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryle View Post
    I just know we will have like 500 questions after the book.
    yep, I don't think we are going to get many answers to all our crazy questions. :D

+ Reply to Thread